IGNORED

Janneh - extension

CyderInACan

NEW DEAL FOR JANNEH

Saikou Janneh has signed a new four-year contact at Ashton Gate.

Having initially joined the club’s Academy in May 2018 following a successful trial the 19- year-old has now agreed terms in a deal which sees him tied to the club until the summer of 2023, with the option of a further year.

Last season the Gambian-born striker joined Torquay United on loan and, in 34 appearances, Janneh scored an impressive 18 goals with 14 assists en route to the Gulls lifting the National League South title.

Head Coach Lee Johnson commented: “We are delighted with how Saikou has developed since being with us and that’s credit to him and the staff who have worked so closely with him.

“Torquay was a great experience for him and we are looking forward to him continuing that steady progression. He is a young man with all the right attributes to succeed in football and we are delighted to have re-signed him on a long-term contract.”

“I am so happy to sign,” said Janneh. “I’ve just tried to work hard and it’s been great being around the first team and at Torquay.

“Everyone at the Academy has done a great job and they made me feel really welcome and comfortable. Brian Tinnion always told me to work hard, be hungry and have a good attitude.

“I’m looking forward to having a good pre-season and then next season whether I’m lucky enough to be in the first team or going out on loan again.”

Same length extension as Semenyo - so also very highly rated obviously. A couple of contract extensions leading up to a real signing imminently, maybe? 

Just noticed Torquay was a great experience for him and we are looking forward to him continuing that steady progression so presumably a L2 or L1 loan this coming season?

More great news. 

I wonder what is best for his growth. Brian Tinnion posted that a good league loan was setup for a young player. Is that Janneh? Is that best for him or would it be better to go back to Torquay who are a division higher? 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Same length extension as Semenyo - so also very highly rated obviously. A couple of contract extensions leading up to a real signing imminently, maybe? 

Feels that way. This is extension week. Next week will be signings week ?

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just noticed Torquay was a great experience for him and we are looking forward to him continuing that steady progression so presumably a L2 or L1 loan this coming season?

I'd hope we'd possibly use our connections with Newport and send him there.

I'm sure there would be interest from L2 for him. So loaning him out shouldn't be too much of an issue and it's get him exposure to the EFL. 

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Tinman said yesteday another youngster was going out on loan. 

Plymouth loans did no harm to Joe and Bobby.

Think they’re the best bet.

Pity we’ve no links to Exeter. They seem to have a decent record of player development. Perhaps they’re more interested in developing their own though. 

6 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I'd hope we'd possibly use our connections with Newport and send him there.

I'm sure there would be interest from L2 for him. So loaning him out shouldn't be too much of an issue and it's get him exposure to the EFL. 

Newport was my immediate thought as well. Do they need a new striker?

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

More great news. Feels like a new signing. A loan looms, which could me Argyle, Newport or Cheltenham so often used in the past, but it could almost be anywhere now given that  our loans last season included Rotherham, Southend and Tranmere. 

Plymouth just sold their striker to Rotherham, could be them, although they are linked with Maynard, who did well for Ryan Lowe at Bury last season.

I’d prob send him back to Torquay for 6 months to see if he can step up to the conference,

if he does well try and get him a league club in jan, if no club can be found send him back to Torquay (all dependant on Gary still being manager of course)

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I’d prob send him back to Torquay for 6 months to see if he can step up to the conference,

if he does well try and get him a league club in jan, if no club can be found send him back to Torquay (all dependant on Gary still being manager of course)

Send him to Colchester on loan as part of a sweetner for Szmodics! 

52 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I had the same thought - few teasers like this and then - BAM - Kalas signs on 3 year (+1) deal.

Probably wishful thinking, but we'll start seeing movements in and out now. The Kelly deal was left field - possibly due to the supposed interest from Liverpool.

More will start to follow now, as people are obviously back/around to finalise and announce these deals....

Archived