IGNORED

New kit

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Just8 said:

It doesn't look amazing by your photos but embroidery does have limitations...

You are correct but look back at that photo and remind yourself that embroidery has been able to do tiny 90 degree angles in every millimetre of that design. Clearly the issue isn't the embroidery it is the image the club sent them. Literally this is the most basic prep for producing gear.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Old thread but one where I said my piece about the new kit based on the very first photos on the official site and hoping they were prototypes, and notwithstanding my OCD some said I was overreacting.

I wasn't. What I have received today in the "pre order" send out, would be laughed out of a cheap knock off market stall. Exactly what I saw in the photos - a tatty print out with zero alignment relative to a logo that the design agency published. Genuinely amazed our club thinks this is okay based on what the design agency gave them.

2921-B657-7-ACE-42-A3-BB0-C-57-E309-D3-B

Yeah, the edge around the white circle looks naff to say the least.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Old thread but one where I said my piece about the new kit based on the very first photos on the official site and hoping they were prototypes, and notwithstanding my OCD some said I was overreacting.

I wasn't. What I have received today in the "pre order" send out, would be laughed out of a cheap knock off market stall. Exactly what I saw in the photos - a tatty print out with zero alignment relative to a logo that the design agency published. Genuinely amazed our club thinks this is okay based on what the design agency gave them.

2921-B657-7-ACE-42-A3-BB0-C-57-E309-D3-B

That white circle in the centre is utter shite 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Have this.

B727-CCA5-F5-FF-466-B-ACA3-9-DB33965-BF3

Speaking with some experience, the club has actually sent a low res image from an email to the printers, that renders when it is printed like it is for teletext. I mean this is literally schoolboy stuff and the club has taken £50 a pop for this shite. If you look at the original logo launch, it was perfectly aligned and executed. This is not about that badge, it is about the comic sans man at the club who is in charge and can't tell that this is a horrifically amateur operation for the club he is supposed to represent.

Shambles. This is so amateur it’s painful. Have you let Jon Boy know about this? Somebody needs to put their hands up and admit a mistake here. Daylight robbery for £50 with quality like that.

On 26/06/2019 at 09:24, Matt Parsons said:

@Silvio Dante 

• You will have to create a second Bristol Sport Club Account for your child in order to get access to the £35 Rewards cash start-up balance
  • Each supporter’s balance is unique and therefore each require separate accounts
  • Alternatively you can contact Supporter Services and they can adjust the balance by moving this over to the your account

@CyderInACan

• you need to ensure you have created a Bristol Sport Club Account and then linked this account to you existing supporter I.D (from your ticketing account).
  • you can follow this guide to complete this: https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/about/guide-to-bristol-sport-club-accounts/
  • Once complete you just need to navigate to the online store and you should be able to see your £35 credit

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Can we not just take the kids season ticket down the shop and get their shirt over the counter when showing the staff the kids season ticket ??

many thanks

11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Shambles. This is so amateur it’s painful. Have you let Jon Boy know about this? Somebody needs to put their hands up and admit a mistake here. Daylight robbery for £50 with quality like that.

same on the kids away kit I got for the boy today - it looks even worse “in the flesh”.  He’s happy with it though he is easily pleased 

1988E957-E36E-4CBF-B2A0-FD7E00554F51.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

same on the kids away kit I got for the boy today - it looks even worse “in the flesh”

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I did wonder if I was being too critical last night when I got home and opened my package, but it's such a shame as it could be a very classy shirt yet the badge is so poorly done right at the time they want people to adopt it.

As well as the resolution and the quality of the white and black rings which to my eyes are misaligned and on yours too (wider left than right) the thing that really gets to my OCD is the "Bristol City" which is off - small and not even aligned in the thick red band.

Sorry to everyone for going on about this but I just about warmed to the new badge and this really spoils it - the rebrand has been handled well in all other respects so I hate to see a good idea and opportunity let down by simply being poorly executed.

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Isnt the dark cotton Tee just a plain cotton Tee shirt with our new logo on it? And they want 30 quid for it? Wtf? That's worth a tenner max.

I had a close look at the dark grey t-shirts - for what it is the price is a bit steep.  Also the red tracksuit tops are an odd material I reckon it would be itchy on the inside when worn

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I did wonder if I was being too critical last night when I got home and opened my package, but it's such a shame as it could be a very classy shirt yet the badge is so poorly done right at the time they want people to adopt it.

As well as the resolution and the quality of the white and black rings which to my eyes are misaligned and on yours too (wider left than right) the thing that really gets to my OCD is the "Bristol City" which is off - small and not even aligned in the thick red band.

Sorry to everyone for going on about this but I just about warmed to the new badge and this really spoils it - the rebrand has been handled well in all other respects so I hate to see a good idea and opportunity let down by simply being poorly executed.

You saw it coming but couldn’t believe such a basic mistake would be made. I was waiting on the outcome before buying and I wouldn’t want to wear something that looks like it’s from the Mongkok market

It’s very poor. Amateur execution at top prices.

Surely when image was received the contractor raises concerns about the image size.

Surely when the samples came back someone must have raised concerns about the image quality

These should never have gone out. I hope they do a recall. 

Was going to start a new thread on the refurbished store, but this seems as good a place...

Exactly the same as the old store, with what - on inspection - seems to be poor quality over priced tat.

The polo shirts appear to be overpriced by fifteen or twenty quid, and the t-shirts overpriced by a good fifteen quid.

I get that with discount we pay a bit less, but even with that applied, it's still over priced.

As you were.

On 27/07/2019 at 11:34, Portred said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Can we not just take the kids season ticket down the shop and get their shirt over the counter when showing the staff the kids season ticket ??

many thanks

Yes, yes you can take your kids season card down the shop and get it over the counter. Took my boys down yesterday. No probs at all. 

Just now, Portred said:

Yes, yes you can take your kids season card down the shop and get it over the counter. Took my boys down yesterday. No probs at all. 

Ok thanks for that Portred. Much appreciated ??

On 27/07/2019 at 17:44, Bristol Rob said:

Was going to start a new thread on the refurbished store, but this seems as good a place...

Exactly the same as the old store, with what - on inspection - seems to be poor quality over priced tat.

The polo shirts appear to be overpriced by fifteen or twenty quid, and the t-shirts overpriced by a good fifteen quid.

I get that with discount we pay a bit less, but even with that applied, it's still over priced.

As you were.

I agree. I went in there early on Saturday and there really was such little to inspire me. The shirt looks nice on the players but personally I don’t like the collar (button) or the circular badge. So I went to look for a t-shirt, very overpriced I thought, even by our shop’s standards. I read lots on here from people hoping to see a decent range of casual wear, I think many must be shocked and disappointed. Granted not all the range is in stock yet, but I’m not filled with confidence. 

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

Why are you replying to yourself in the 3rd person Portred?

Sorry, just bored and feeling silly at work. But yeah just wanted to highlight you can indeed just take the kids season ticket down the shop and get their shirts. I read somewhere I’d have to set up new accounts for my boys etc etc. 

Nice one, cheers Portred (oh wait....??

On 27/07/2019 at 18:31, Agard Days Night said:

Embarrassing. How can they get it so wrong. Huge focus on the rebrand, one real chance to get it right and relaunch on a wave of positivity and you see standards like this... 

Shame no one from the club has responded to this piss poor effort on the badge! Look at all the other sewn badges and they all have straight lines, no Tetris looking images ? 

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Shame no one from the club has responded to this piss poor effort on the badge! Look at all the other sewn badges and they all have straight lines, no Tetris looking images ? 

A lot of people on social media are saying the kit / badge etc is fine

Though from speaking to a friend who was at the ground early Saturday morning, the queue with people taking back items with defects was much longer than those purchasing for the first time

Archived