IGNORED

New kit

Red Army 75

Why does our club lie to us fans ? 

The club shop is the same all they have done is removered old stock and replaced with new being generous 2 days work max , the training range is really poor embarrassingly sparse in fact , in respect to season cards mine still havent arrived ,im not that bothered if they dont arrive in time as i will be attending the game with my email proof of purchase to the steward and walking through , however the season cards arriving so late does cause many fans unnecessary anxiety .

12 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

You got it ??

Perhaps palmer will be hand delivering the shirts tomorrow after he’s signed?

If he does make sure you keep hold of the extra shorts!  Can you also ask him when the goalkeepers socks will be available?

Ta

On 31/07/2019 at 19:29, Street red said:

Love to know the profit margin on each shirt..The pricing is just ridiculous.

The thing is they sell things at the price they are it needs the attention to detail to be a lot more quality.

Remember when they told us they were bringing it in house to save the fans money ?

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The shirts are too expensive! 

We want Kalas and Palmer and Gayle and Assombalonga and premier league football, and we want it now!

With us trading players at 20 odd million , 13 million etc 

I really don’t think shirt sales or prices are going to have any significant influence  86 !

• Admin
30 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We want Kalas and Palmer and Gayle and Assombalonga and premier league football, and we want it now!

The day our shirt sales affect our transfer dealings is the day we become Bury FC

41 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

With us trading players at 20 odd million , 13 million etc 

I really don’t think shirt sales or prices are going to have any significant influence  86 !

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

The day our shirt sales affect our transfer dealings is the day we become Bury FC

I was being somewhat facetious but it all contributes.

The point was that you just know that loads of people saying shirts/tickets/travel/food should be cheaper will be the first ones to pop up with ‘put your hand in your pocket Lansdown!’ when talking about another few million here or another £10k per week there....!

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I was being somewhat facetious but it all contributes.

The point was that you just know that loads of people saying shirts/tickets/travel/food should be cheaper will be the first ones to pop up with ‘put your hand in your pocket Lansdown!’ when talking about another few million here or another £10k per week there....!

My personal thoughts on the pricing on shirts though 86 is

1 I would  want,  and especially with the rebrand , as many people buying shirts as possible and being a visible , walking advert for the club 

2 Get as many kids as I possibly could wearing a City shirt and starting a bond to the club

3 A very good price keeps the fanbase happy 

If EVERY season ticket holder bought a shirt I would estimate the club would make approx £3 / 400,000

So it has little bearing on FFP

As for SL -

Of  course it’s his money , his business , but personally and from a business perspective ,  , I’d actually be selling shirts at little above cost

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

1 I would  want,  and especially with the rebrand , as many people buying shirts as possible and being a visible , walking advert for the club 

2 Get as many kids as I possibly could wearing a City shirt and starting a bond to the club

If EVERY season ticket holder bought a shirt I would estimate the club would make approx £3 / 400,000

As for SL -

Of  course it’s his money , his business , but personally and from a business perspective ,  , I’d actually be selling shirts at little above cost

Agree with the majority but think they already do good deals for kids (free with ST etc?) and I would wager the cost price is quite a bit higher than people think it is by the time you bring in all the associated costs, manufacture, delivery, logistics etc. 

Don't get me wrong they’re vastly overpriced for what they are, but always have been and that’s universal across the country.

Even worse in Europe where you routinely see shirts costing 70/80/90 EUR - madness!

Also I think the gesture of essentially £10 of free cash for season ticket holders is pretty good and generally overlooked. A genuine case of something for nothing - bearing in mind season tickets in real terms are cheaper now than when we were struggling in league one. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree with the majority but think they already do good deals for kids (free with ST etc?) and I would wager the cost price is quite a bit higher than people think it is by the time you bring in all the associated costs, manufacture, delivery, logistics etc. 

Don't get me wrong they’re vastly overpriced for what they are, but always have been and that’s universal across the country.

Even worse in Europe where you routinely see shirts costing 70/80/90 EUR - madness!

Also I think the gesture of essentially £10 of free cash for season ticket holders is pretty good and generally overlooked. A genuine case of something for nothing - bearing in mind season tickets in real terms are cheaper now than when we were struggling in league one. 

You may be right about the kids , I don’t know what they cost if they are not a ST holder and the prices don’t effect me as I won’t buy any of it

( Actually I guess they do effect me as I would buy probably some Polo Shirts etc if they were sensibly priced )

I just get jacked off with Clubs ripping every penny they possibly can from their supporters whilst paying over rated ,and mostly second rate , professionals , absolutely absurd amounts of money

Not just our club but across football generally with odd exceptions at a odd Few clubs 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You may be right about the kids , I don’t know what they cost if they are not a ST holder and the prices don’t effect me as I won’t buy any of it

( Actually I guess they do effect me as I would buy probably some Polo Shirts etc if they were sensibly priced )

I just get jacked off with Clubs ripping every penny they possibly can from their supporters whilst paying over rated ,and mostly second rate , professionals , absolutely absurd amounts of money

Not just our club but across football generally with odd exceptions at a odd Few clubs 

Completely agree. I was after a polo but having read comments about the quality I won’t be touching them and I ordered a smart looking one on eBay from a couple of seasons ago for £15. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hang on, you’re making the assumption that higher prices equals more profit. But it’s about finding the most profitable price point.

Perhaps less so with the replica shirt, but in the case of the £30 cotton t-shirt, that is very clearly grossly overpriced and I would question whether that is the most profitable price point. I reckon they could conceivably sell more than twice as many if they were half the price.

It would also be interesting to see how many more replica shirts they sold them for - say - £25 each.

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hang on, you’re making the assumption that higher prices equals more profit. But it’s about finding the most profitable price point.

Perhaps less so with the replica shirt, but in the case of the £30 cotton t-shirt, that is very clearly grossly overpriced and I would question whether that is the most profitable price point. I reckon they could conceivably sell more than twice as many if they were half the price.

It would also be interesting to see how many more replica shirts they sold them for - say - £25 each.

Completely agree but you’d like to think someone at the club has made that call! 

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As for SL -

Remember last season when they had the half price sale. There were queues all around the shop with parents clutching hands full of merchandise and that was for a kit going out of date in a few weeks. 

Loved the new kit but the tailoring on it is strange. Always buy medium and it fits nicely apart from around the waist where it's terribly baggy, like a tent. Looks awful. Honestly, why not go with the cut of last year? I miss the Pro fit option in all honesty as with a bad cut they don't pass as fashionable items. At least not in my case. Shame.  Left the shop empty handed not having bought a single item with the new badge - that I love by the way.

I remain convinced that the players get kits that are tailored in different ways; in no way is it just down to them being athletes that they look good in them.

Archived