IGNORED

New kit

Red Army 75

7 minutes ago, Offside said:

I like the kit. Still not sure about the badge and it looks awful on the back of the jacket. 

I can’t get past when someone likened it to a Robin riding a pizza cutter, the more I see it...

The first BS kit will always win imo but this runs it pretty close, though for me the pin stripes probably sneak in second

the hastag kit (not for the hashtags per say) was a blip. I think I have it inextricably linked with that Tomlin player *shudder*

10 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Apart from last years I reckon. All the others have been great. 

I don't think last year's was bad by any stretch just didn't hit the heights of the others, 1 average kit in 6 seasons is a decent record 

30 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If we do get to the Prem any time soon, I wonder if we would turn down potentially lucrative kit deals and keep our kit manufacturing in house? 

Money talks.

Although Adidas might be black listed after last time!

People are missing the point with the giant robin on the back, its not been done to make the jacket look better its so when the players are wearing it any photos from behind will have the robin on too.

They have to try and get the "brand" out there etc, they probably dont care at all if people are going to buy the jacket or not.

2 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If we do get to the Prem any time soon, I wonder if we would turn down potentially lucrative kit deals and keep our kit manufacturing in house? 

Surely no deal could beat making it yourselves? ie. you control entire supply chain and means of distribution. I can’t imagine many teams outside the top-6 get huge amounts of cash for the shirt manufacture - the big bucks is the shirt sponsorship isn’t it?

• Admin
5 hours ago, monkeyboy said:

I see the 2019/20 season's reward cash has already been applied to accounts and can be used against pre-order too.

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Has the app changed - cannot find my rewards balance ?

Mine is missing too @Meh

Am I looking in the right place @monkeyboy?

Screenshot_20190625-184326_Bristol City.jpg

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Mine is missing too @Meh

Am I looking in the right place @monkeyboy?

Screenshot_20190625-184326_Bristol City.jpg

Mine has been missing for months now but I did try getting as far as I could - without paying - on the new shirt pre-order and it did show my £10 then under rewards cash available so it is there - just not showing on the summary for me (or you of course)

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You seem to know all about it, so if not you should get involved 

I wouldn't say I'm an expert for one minute but you pick up experience along the way and sometimes you can look at something objectively and see the mistakes.

Printing or embroidering is an absolute minefield - you are trusting a third party to apply the same care and attention to a design as a designer - they won't. Many just buy machines that do the job automatically and stick some novice in charge of it, failing to understand that skill is still required to get the right outcome (not my view, the view of printers and embroiderers I've spoken to). 

To be honest the production for Bristol Sport has been top notch, which is why my point was that hopefully these photos today are just using the old (terrible) samples they used for the unveil two months ago, though I still think it's a shoddy way to advertise new kit. Differences between the badge and the designers graphics are embarrassing, nothing is aligned, it's an OCD nightmare.  

Unfortunately printing and embroidering applies each colour as a layer and if you don't line them up perfectly, elements of the design are not in the right place. That's what has happened here with "BRISTOL CITY". I would be appalled if they were actual final mass produced items that will be going on sale or worse worn on a football pitch. I'm appalled the club even use photos of them.

I'm nothing at all relative to Bristol Sport but sometimes I just have a feeling we have people in roles at the club who are inexperienced and get carried away and starry eyed without having any in-built quality filter. You have to be your own worst critic - the design agency City used would be. I receive and return stock if I see it's not properly done. I've had to write off stock for this reason.

I'm still clinging onto the hope the club are just using their old samples, or even photo mock ups using their old samples, as others have pointed out. For a start clearly they have none of the kit in yet or it wouldn't simply be pre-order... like I said, supply chain can be a minefield. Big brands are increasingly using local hand printers in London and in smaller runs because quality is better.

To your other point, I would love to help the club believe me, but I'm unqualified and I run a completely unrelated business that takes up most of my time. However it's not about me helping, these aren't complicated steps, it's just about care and attention - in ANY line of business you need someone experienced and disciplined enough to not simply "wing it" and perform quality control.

Excuse the essay but it's a subject I'm passionate about. Brand is everything, so why spend a fortune on expensive design consultancy and then knock out poorly produced reproductions and PR.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm till clinging onto the hope the club are just using their old samples, or even photo mock ups using their old samples, as others have pointed out.

@Olé I'm led to believe that there were photos taken two Tuesday's ago, which would tie in with your theory that these are the original kit, possibly only one shirt which was passed around.

Like you touched on, if it was the actual design to be sold there would be a clearer indication of when they would actually be available to buy

2 hours ago, Judda said:

Sorryfor my ignorance.... why? Was there a scandal? Gis the gos...

I seem to recall major delays in the release of shirts for at least 1 season. Although decent stuff, it was obvious Adidas are only interested in the big boys.

2 hours ago, Judda said:
2 hours ago, Judda said:

Archived