IGNORED

New kit

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I wouldn't say I'm an expert for one minute but you pick up experience along the way and sometimes you can look at something objectively and see the mistakes.

Printing or embroidering is an absolute minefield - you are trusting a third party to apply the same care and attention to a design as a designer - they won't. Many just buy machines that do the job automatically and stick some novice in charge of it, failing to understand that skill is still required to get the right outcome (not my view, the view of printers and embroiderers I've spoken to). 

To be honest the production for Bristol Sport has been top notch, which is why my point was that hopefully these photos today are just using the old (terrible) samples they used for the unveil two months ago, though I still think it's a shoddy way to advertise new kit. Differences between the badge and the designers graphics are embarrassing, nothing is aligned, it's an OCD nightmare.  

Unfortunately printing and embroidering applies each colour as a layer and if you don't line them up perfectly, elements of the design are not in the right place. That's what has happened here with "BRISTOL CITY". I would be appalled if they were actual final mass produced items that will be going on sale or worse worn on a football pitch. I'm appalled the club even use photos of them.

I'm nothing at all relative to Bristol Sport but sometimes I just have a feeling we have people in roles at the club who are inexperienced and get carried away and starry eyed without having any in-built quality filter. You have to be your own worst critic - the design agency City used would be. I receive and return stock if I see it's not properly done. I've had to write off stock for this reason.

I'm still clinging onto the hope the club are just using their old samples, or even photo mock ups using their old samples, as others have pointed out. For a start clearly they have none of the kit in yet or it wouldn't simply be pre-order... like I said, supply chain can be a minefield. Big brands are increasingly using local hand printers in London and in smaller runs because quality is better.

To your other point, I would love to help the club believe me, but I'm unqualified and I run a completely unrelated business that takes up most of my time. However it's not about me helping, these aren't complicated steps, it's just about care and attention - in ANY line of business you need someone experienced and disciplined enough to not simply "wing it" and perform quality control.

Excuse the essay but it's a subject I'm passionate about. Brand is everything, so why spend a fortune on expensive design consultancy and then knock out poorly produced reproductions and PR.

Well said, City give him a job!

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Mine is missing too @Meh

Am I looking in the right place @monkeyboy?

Screenshot_20190625-184326_Bristol City.jpg

Mine was there after I logged-on and refreshed the page.

Also, don't forget to change delivery to collect from store, if you can get there, to save a fiver - seems to default to home delivery otherwise.

Screenshot_20190625_205621_uk.co.prioritysms.BristolCityFC.jpg

10 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

People are missing the point with the giant robin on the back, its not been done to make the jacket look better its so when the players are wearing it any photos from behind will have the robin on too.

They have to try and get the "brand" out there etc, they probably dont care at all if people are going to buy the jacket or not.

Not missing the point at all. These jackets are about to be sold to supporters of BCFC, so they WILL care whether people buy the jacket of not.

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

My rewards card balance is there but what I need to do is order the kids shirts, and as noted above, there seems to be no way to access the £35 credits on the kids accounts through the website - unless they bizarrely have to create their own account (and I don’t hugely trust my 7 year old).

Any ideas @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO?

Same here. Posed the question earlier on in the thread too. 

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

My rewards card balance is there but what I need to do is order the kids shirts, and as noted above, there seems to be no way to access the £35 credits on the kids accounts through the website - unless they bizarrely have to create their own account (and I don’t hugely trust my 7 year old).

Any ideas @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO?

Morning,  Im going to have to ask the retail/marketing teams and ill come back to you once I find out. 

Matt 

@Silvio Dante 

• You will have to create a second Bristol Sport Club Account for your child in order to get access to the £35 Rewards cash start-up balance
  • Each supporter’s balance is unique and therefore each require separate accounts
  • Alternatively you can contact Supporter Services and they can adjust the balance by moving this over to the your account

@CyderInACan

• you need to ensure you have created a Bristol Sport Club Account and then linked this account to you existing supporter I.D (from your ticketing account).
  • you can follow this guide to complete this: https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/about/guide-to-bristol-sport-club-accounts/
  • Once complete you just need to navigate to the online store and you should be able to see your £35 credit

14 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@Silvio Dante 

• You will have to create a second Bristol Sport Club Account for your child in order to get access to the £35 Rewards cash start-up balance
  • Each supporter’s balance is unique and therefore each require separate accounts
  • Alternatively you can contact Supporter Services and they can adjust the balance by moving this over to the your account

@CyderInACan

• you need to ensure you have created a Bristol Sport Club Account and then linked this account to you existing supporter I.D (from your ticketing account).
  • you can follow this guide to complete this: https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/about/guide-to-bristol-sport-club-accounts/
  • Once complete you just need to navigate to the online store and you should be able to see your £35 credit

Thanks Matt. With two kids and to avoid the vagaries of multiple accounts, reckon I’ll go down the supporter services route!

Cheers

59 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@Silvio Dante 

@CyderInACan

Cheers Matt. Have rung supporter services to get the credit transferred over which was really quick so thanks :city:

To all trying to order kids fee shirts next year

Phoned up the club shop yesterday and this is what they said....

You have to phone up ticketing on 01179630600 and ask them to transfer your child’s £35 start up money into your account   And then you can order online, just have your Id’s ready. I did this yesterday and it worked ?

42 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I see the shirt sizes go up as high as XXXXXXL

Is that just to please Robbored?

Yet again no XS though ?

Would it really hurt them to produce an XS when they go all the way up to 6XL? :dunno: I don't particular want to have to walk around with 'Robins' on the front my shirt, just to get one that fits. We're not all fat bastards. 

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I see the shirt sizes go up as high as XXXXXXL

Is that just to please Robbored?

For Robbored that would surely be  ZZZZZZL.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Almost as bad as the wooly wolves things that crazy cat loving ladies wear in East Street.

Such a shame. Saw the jacket and thought "wow, very smart, actually suprised by Bristol Sport".....

.....then you see the back of it "ah, never doubted them for a second".

Old thread but one where I said my piece about the new kit based on the very first photos on the official site and hoping they were prototypes, and notwithstanding my OCD some said I was overreacting.

I wasn't. What I have received today in the "pre order" send out, would be laughed out of a cheap knock off market stall. Exactly what I saw in the photos - a tatty print out with zero alignment relative to a logo that the design agency published. Genuinely amazed our club thinks this is okay based on what the design agency gave them.

2921-B657-7-ACE-42-A3-BB0-C-57-E309-D3-B

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

Old thread but one where I said my piece about the new kit based on the very first photos on the official site and hoping they were prototypes, and notwithstanding my OCD some said I was overreacting.

I wasn't. What I have received today in the "pre order" send out, would be laughed out of a cheap knock off market stall. Exactly what I saw in the photos - a tatty print out with zero alignment relative to a logo that the design agency published. Genuinely amazed our club thinks this is okay based on what the design agency gave them.

2921-B657-7-ACE-42-A3-BB0-C-57-E309-D3-B

Looks crap 

11 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Looks crap 

Have this.

B727-CCA5-F5-FF-466-B-ACA3-9-DB33965-BF3

Speaking with some experience, the club has actually sent a low res image from an email to the printers, that renders when it is printed like it is for teletext. I mean this is literally schoolboy stuff and the club has taken £50 a pop for this shite. If you look at the original logo launch, it was perfectly aligned and executed. This is not about that badge, it is about the comic sans man at the club who is in charge and can't tell that this is a horrifically amateur operation for the club he is supposed to represent.

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

Have this.

B727-CCA5-F5-FF-466-B-ACA3-9-DB33965-BF3

Speaking with some experience, the club has actually sent a low res image from an email to the printers, that renders when it is printed like it is for teletext. I mean this is literally schoolboy stuff and the club has taken £50 a pop for this shite. If you look at the original logo launch, it was perfectly aligned and executed. This is not about that badge, it is about the comic sans man at the club who is in charge and can't tell that this is a horrifically amateur operation for the club he is supposed to represent.

It doesn't look amazing by your photos but embroidery does have limitations...

Archived