Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

SIGNED : Tommy Rowe

15 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Wilbs played a total of 6 times in his last season with Palace, Elliott 18 times for Birmingham hence why they dropped down to league one.

I also remember this forum going into meltdown when we signed a palace reject who had scored 8 times in 4 years!

Rowe played 40 times in league one last season and has played 131 championship games in his career.  We have brought him in as a squad player for his experience and versatility.....absolutely fine with this.

Very much injury prone throughout his career..

Will bring a lot of experience to the treatment room.

37 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

460 appearances over 13 years, that averages over 35 games a season..........doesn't sound injury prone to me

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Broke a toe and a bone in his foot (separately) while at Wolves, but otherwise doesn’t seem to have had much in the way of injuries.

18 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This signing may turn out to be inspirational, this guy is going to be busting a gut to get into the first team.

He is quoted as being a leader and could be a role model for the youngsters who will see what is needed to be a professional.

Once again I think the club deserve a bit of slack  from us in their dealings. They generally seem to know what they’re doing .

Rock on Tommy , welcome to City.

Yes and, apologies if already mentioned, but Korey last I saw was still on crutches. A leader with experience  and another body to add to midfield too.

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes and, apologies if already mentioned, but Korey last I saw was still on crutches. A leader with experience  and another body to add to midfield too.

He is. I was fortunate enough to speak to him on Saturday. He hopes to be back playing by October.

• Thanks 2

Rowe may be playing more than anyone seems to think. For a kick off if you buy a utility type, more than one position player the notion has to be he’s going to be around the bench for occurring scenarios. 

However the guy does seem to have passing ability while pushing forward, a facet of our play last season that was earmarked as a problem as no one could see the quite literally dozens of runs by  Weimann that went unfound. Something we really need to change this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Broke a toe and a bone in his foot (separately) while at Wolves, but otherwise doesn’t seem to have had much in the way of injuries.

Couple of hamstring lay offs last season but there is no way he can be accused of being injury prone.

Good player with a lot of experience.

9 hours ago, RedRaw said:

460 appearances over 13 years, that averages over 35 games a season..........doesn't sound injury prone to me

No place these days for people who belong to the 'reality based community '!

Far better to rely on ignorance and prejudice.

"Facts are stupid things" Ronald Reagan .

57 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Couple of hamstring lay offs last season but there is no way he can be accused of being injury prone.

Good player with a lot of experience.

I thought we were signing a bit part league one player because he was not good enough to get into Doncaster side, but those injuries explain that now. He didn't really get back in regularly after those injuries, but I guess they were probably doing well, plus they had the talent of Herbie Kane playing.