IGNORED

Stoke free transfers

Dr Balls

Not seen anyone else mention this, but Stoke revealed 4 new free transfers on Wednesday, including Lee Gregory from Millwall, Nick Powell from Wigan, plus the Barnsley goalkeeper, and a midfielder from QPR. Presumably they are still offering above par wages particularly to attract the likes of the first two to join. Also given those moves, the odds on both Wigan and Millwall struggling next season must have shortened.

Don't think they'll be paying Gregory or Powell huge wages given they were probably both on comparatively a small wage for this league before hand. They'll get a good chunk for Butland when he goes, just shows how seriously they're having to backtrack on their finances after their last couple years spending.

Wigan offered Powell £20,000 per week apparently- dunno about Gregory etc, but Powell wont be on tiny wages.

I think they're decent signings myself- dunno about Cousins but certainly Davies-Powell-Gregory. Certainly would have taken Powell here had it been a viable option.

In general thusfar though, been a pretty quiet window in the Championship- certainly inbound!

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wigan offered Powell £20,000 per week apparently- dunno about Gregory etc, but Powell wont be on tiny wages.

I think they're decent signings myself- dunno about Cousins but certainly Davies-Powell-Gregory. Certainly would have taken Powell here had it been a viable option.

In general thusfar though, been a pretty quiet window in the Championship- certainly inbound!

Says enough when Wigan are offering players up there with what we pay.... 

Liam Lindsay comes out well stat wise too when you look at him, £2m could be a decent price for him if he can make that step up.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Liam Lindsay comes out well stat wise too when you look at him, £2m could be a decent price for him if he can make that step up.

Forgot about Lindsay- useful addition I reckon.

They will surely need to unload some of their better players this season though- not all but some- their wages, amortisation and returning loanees must be big- bear in mind they even made a £30m loss in their relegation season!

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Forgot about Lindsay- useful addition I reckon.

They will surely need to unload some of their better players this season though- not all but some- their wages, amortisation and returning loanees must be big- bear in mind they even made a £30m loss in their relegation season!

Think we should go to Stoke with a £5m ish offer for Woods, think they'd easily go for the 'getting their money back' for him and think he'd fit well with us, just a matter of how much they bumped his wages up to.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Was Liam Lindsay that girl in The Parent Trap movie?

Likes the pop too much I heard. ?

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Also given those moves, the odds on both Wigan and Millwall struggling next season must have shortened.

Neil Gregory is a big loss for Millwall. I was talking to a few supporters in my local the other day and the level of mistrust for Neil Harris is amazing - a lot want him gone, feels to me like Ipswich/McCarthy all over again, on the outside it looks like he's a done a fantastic job and is a club legend, but apparently in their eyes (and I'm getting this second hand as those I talk to are a bit more content) last season Millwall underperformed and Harris didn't know what to do and was too negative.

Am certain it's a case of be careful what you wish for, but some of these Londoners ain't half self-confident (or is that arrogant) in their "I could do a better job" attitude. Bottom line the fans I speak to feel certain Millwall are in for a really rough season. Having Charlton back up should focus the mind a bit I suppose.

Archived