IGNORED

Open day, community day are they a thing of the past?

9 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I was referring to when we have the kit launch and visits to places at Ashton Gate we don't normally have accees too

Not really done by many clubs anymore, especially Championship and above.

There's the Hallen game where people get access to players, but to do ground tours / meet & greats require a lot of time and money these days. 

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I was referring to when we have the kit launch and visits to places at Ashton Gate we don't normally have accees too

I'm surprised in on sense, because there must be a large number of supporters that haven't been around a lot of the new parts of the ground.

There is a whole other world around the boxes etc that should be able to be seen by all

28 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Used to love going down the gate as a kid and getting my autograph booked signed by all the players .

Unfortunatly it doesnt make bs a great deal of cash so therefor our kids dont get the same experiance , investing in the future yeah right .........

Yep i can remember going down as a kid in the 80s, with my city autograph book bought from beryl. 

Im sure i still have it, but can specifically recall alex lockhart the physio having the most beautiful signature,,, and also walking into a room with a few of the players in there, and coming face to face with rob newman and being awestruck at the size of him. Got his signature though

4 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Used to love going down the gate as a kid and getting my autograph booked signed by all the players .

Unfortunatly it doesnt make bs a great deal of cash so therefor our kids dont get the same experiance , investing in the future yeah right .........

50 quid season tickets with a free shirt

Community sessions throughout the year for local primary school kids

Community match every year, giving kids the chance to meet the players

Holiday camps which allow kids to meet the players and get advice from them

Programmes allowing kids with disabilities to get into football on a weekly basis

Sessions to allow girls to get into football on a weekly basis

I could think of other things as well but to question whether City want to invest in the future shows a complete lack of knowledge of what the clubs doing and trying to do

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

50 quid season tickets with a free shirt

Community sessions throughout the year for local primary school kids

Community match every year, giving kids the chance to meet the players

Holiday camps which allow kids to meet the players and get advice from them

I could think of other things as well but to question whether City want to invest in the future shows a complete lack of knowledge of what the clubs doing and trying to do

£50 and a free shirt , when purchased with an adult cheapest £345 , alot of people cannot afford this so useless point . Holiday camps also £50 per week  i believe could be wrong ....again alot of people cannot afford this , as for the community visits can anyone tell me the last time a few city players visted a normal kids school in south glos ? 

Community match also ticket only .

So whats your point JBFC II ? 

I have photos of my lad with some of the players etc... at one of these events. I'm sure it was one of the last open day things they done and LJ was one of our players then thats how long ago it was. There is photos of him with LJ, Murray, Carey, Maynard, Adomah, Gerken, Fontaine, Nyatanga and Cisse to name a thew. Could of been the start of Coppell's very short stay.

19 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

£50 and a free shirt , when purchased with an adult cheapest £345 , alot of people cannot afford this so useless point . Holiday camps also £50 per week  i believe could be wrong ....again alot of people cannot afford this , as for the community visits can anyone tell me the last time a few city players visted a normal kids school in south glos ? 

Community match also ticket only .

So whats your point JBFC II ? 

What do you want the club to do then?

We aren’t talking about what it costs an adult, the fact kids can watch 23 games and get a free shirt for 50 quid is something that even you should recognise as being an incentive to get more kids watching the club. Even still, 15 quid for live championship football is impressive imo. 

Holiday camps are 50 pounds a week, that’s £2.50 for an hours fun for your kids. Again, that’s very good value imo, especially when you add in that the players are regularly at them and helping out. That’s the sort of thing that kids remember for a long time. 

The club visits a rang of schools in Bristol , offering sports courses and help with education through 12 week programmes. Obviously they can’t go to every school as they can’t offer that length of programme with the amount of staff they have, but the initiative is brilliant as it not only helps the kids but gives support to the teachers. 

The community match is a fiver for an u16, that’s not only for the football but for all the activities that will come with it. That’s probably around 3 hours fun for a fiver, not bad imo. 

My point is, that before you make uneducated statements about what you think the club is doing wrong, try and do a bit of research so you can see all the brilliant work they are doing to bring kids into sport and getting them supporting our club. 

I was chatting with one of the members of staff for the community trust (whilst they were giving a refugee family I help support a guided tour of the ground before the derby match, a day which coincidentally got one of the kids from the family into City and so he now wants to go more regularly, something that wouldn’t have happened without the amazing work of the community trust) and the work they do is superb, as is the help that Jon Lansdown, plus all of the playing staff and players give. It’s a shame you don’t seem to realise that

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Ok JBFC II im uneducated .

Despite addressing everyone of your points .....

Seriously some people 

It would be good if you could address them with a decent argument, other than saying something is too expensive when it clearly isn’t...

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

I never said I was, where did you get that from?

And there’s a difference between knowing a bit about a company and working for them...

No worries , so u call me out for being uneducated [although all my points are based on everh experiance i have had myself and now with my son ]  but have no knowledge yourself ......

Sometimes u just need to give people a bit of rope and ....

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

No worries , so u call me out for being uneducated [although all my points are based on everh experiance i have had myself and now with my son ]  but have no knowledge yourself ......

Sometimes u just need to give people a bit of rope and ....

Maybe have a look at the BCCT twitter page and see the wide variety of things you can get your son in to. 

Or follow this link https://www.bcfc.co.uk/communitytrust which will tell you all that your son can get involved in. Depending on his age there seems to be a good spread of things there. 

I also reckon you could ask your sons school if they want to get in touch with the BCCT to see if they can do a programme with your sons school next year, it seems like a good initiative 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

What do you want the club to do then?

We aren’t talking about what it costs an adult, the fact kids can watch 23 games and get a free shirt for 50 quid is something that even you should recognise as being an incentive to get more kids watching the club. Even still, 15 quid for  in regardslive championship football is impressive imo. 

Holiday camps are 50 pounds a week, that’s £2.50 for an hours fun for your kids. Again, that’s very good value imo, especially when you add in that the players are regularly at them and helping out. That’s the sort of thing that kids remember for a long time. 

The club visits a rang of schools in Bristol , offering sports courses and help with education through 12 week programmes. Obviously they can’t go to every school as they can’t offer that length of programme with the amount of staff they have, but the initiative is brilliant as it not only helps the kids but gives support to the teachers. 

The community match is a fiver for an u16, that’s not only for the football but for all the activities that will come with it. That’s probably around 3 hours fun for a fiver, not bad imo. 

My point is, that before you make uneducated statements about what you think the club is doing wrong, try and do a bit of research so you can see all the brilliant work they are doing to bring kids into sport and getting them supporting our club. 

I was chatting with one of the members of staff for the community trust (whilst they were giving a refugee family I help support a guided tour of the ground before the derby match, a day which coincidentally got one of the kids from the family into City and so he now wants to go more regularly, something that wouldn’t have happened without the amazing work of the community trust) and the work they do is superb, as is the help that Jon Lansdown, plus all of the playing staff and players give. It’s a shame you don’t seem to realise that

In regards to the camps they are ran by the community trust. A charity. Other charities (JFC's) in Bristol do similar and cheaper. That is not to denigrate what the community trust do, but its part of what should be done to naintain that charitable status.

The community trust involvement in kids coaching has decreased since Amy Kington left the community trust.  

Club visits are very very frequently linked to becoming a partner of the community trust. These partnerships are expensive. The charity I am involved in offering football opportunities for children many of whom are disadvantaged did not take up a second year of partnership as it was poor value.

My view as an educated purchaser introducing hundreds of kids via the above charity to BCFC via BCFC and Community trust products, is that posters have a point in regards to an open day.

The club should always be seeking to increase its active participant role in the community. 

7 hours ago, bengalcub said:

I think with the facilities we now have the day could bank the club quite a bit of cash.

First off you get food and drink takings. Then any money from rides, face painting etc.

Great way to sell the new seasons merchandise.

But beyond that, with opening up behind the scenes there is the possibility to make money in the future. You or I might have a look around the hospitality areas and then think yea I quite fancy this so then book a hospitality package. They could have sales people to sign people up etc, same for things like the Lansdown Club etc.

I actually got enticed into joining the foundation at the last open day. 

Maybe even make it a shared day between the rugby and football, heck might aswell just make it a Bristol Sport Day, that would make it extremely viable and very well attended. 

3 hours ago, BS10 RED said:

I have photos of my lad with some of the players etc... at one of these events. I'm sure it was one of the last open day things they done and LJ was one of our players then thats how long ago it was. There is photos of him with LJ, Murray, Carey, Maynard, Adomah, Gerken, Fontaine, Nyatanga and Cisse to name a thew. Could of been the start of Coppell's very short stay.

Yes the one with Coppell was the last one, I remember him doing a q and a. 

Archived