IGNORED

Open day, community day are they a thing of the past?

9 hours ago, 054123 said:

Was agreeing with you on most points up to this.

Not a fair comment and you probably know it.

I’d say it is.

I’m not saying it’s cheap and ideally it would be cheaper, but it certainly isn’t expensive when you compare it to a lot of clubs 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I’d say it is.

I’m not saying it’s cheap and ideally it would be cheaper, but it certainly isn’t expensive when you compare it to a lot of clubs 

I think it’s unfair to judge on what is expensive relative to an individual person. 

Ive loved city all my life but have been so poor as to just about afford food, compared to where I am some twenty years later.

I agree that city do an awful lot for fans and compared to their peers make an effort with ticket prices (I have 3 boys so £50 plus shirt, for me, is unbelievable), but that said it’s sometimes best to remember that money and value are all relative and despite what sone would say there are an awful lot about f people in this country that struggle day to day.

11 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I think it’s unfair to judge on what is expensive relative to an individual person. 

Ive loved city all my life but have been so poor as to just about afford food, compared to where I am some twenty years later.

I agree that city do an awful lot for fans and compared to their peers make an effort with ticket prices (I have 3 boys so £50 plus shirt, for me, is unbelievable), but that said it’s sometimes best to remember that money and value are all relative and despite what sone would say there are an awful lot about f people in this country that struggle day to day.

I’m not judging what is expensive relative to an individual, I’m judging it compared to other clubs and match day prices to watch second division football. 

Of course there are many that struggle on a day to day basis, I’m not naïve enough to not notice that and I realise that money is relative, but in this instance it’s not about what’s expensive to an individual and more about what’s expensive relative to other championship clubs, in which case I’d say our season tickets are reasonably well priced

19 hours ago, BS10 RED said:

I have photos of my lad with some of the players etc... at one of these events. I'm sure it was one of the last open day things they done and LJ was one of our players then thats how long ago it was. There is photos of him with LJ, Murray, Carey, Maynard, Adomah, Gerken, Fontaine, Nyatanga and Cisse to name a thew. Could of been the start of Coppell's very short stay.

There was one the next season with Keith Millen, but that's the last I remember.

Talking of the Coppell open day I remember queuing to get a photo with him.

When I got to the front I said, 'Welcome to Bristol City Steve, great to have you at Ashton Gate. We've all got great confidence you're going to really take the club forward.'

' I wish I did' he replied. :wacko: :doh:

• Admin
17 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Maybe even make it a shared day between the rugby and football, heck might aswell just make it a Bristol Sport Day, that would make it extremely viable and very well attended. 

That is a great shout @Up The City!

What better way to promote the two sports that people may not be interested in whilst attending the sport of their first choice

Different parts of the ground for Football / Rugby / Basketball - meet the teams . Tour around the ground etc etc

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO maybe a suggestion for the future as this season is obviously too late now to arrange

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Why assume that this should be for just the kids?

I'm sure there are many adults etc that would take delight in being able to meet the team

And like you say see the dressing rooms and other behind the scenes stuff, which is quality and no expense spared i can also confirm. 

Archived