IGNORED

Morrell Season Long Loan

cidercity1987

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

From what I've seen of Lincoln, hope he doesn't spend the season watching the ball fly over him aimed at Akinde. Manager(s) seem intelligent though.

If the managers are still there during the season.

They are often  talked about when a vacancy occurs . 

Let’s hope for a good season for Joe and that he forces himself into contention for a first team place next season ( or attracts an offer from Villa) . 

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

My first reaction is who have we got coming in to the first team squad to replace him.

Liam Walsh .

I notice the article doesn't mention a new contract. Last season a lot of our loanees signed a new contract before going on loan, presumably as a reassurance that they were still in our plans. I think Morrell may have signed a new contract at some point in the season though, so maybe not an issue.

58 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Good move. Plenty more I'm sure will be heading out soon. 

Good season in league one and maybe he gets a real chance with us next season.

It's a big leap from League One...............to the Premiership though?  ??  PS. Did you see what i did there?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I notice the article doesn't mention a new contract. Last season a lot of our loanees signed a new contract before going on loan, presumably as a reassurance that they were still in our plans. I think Morrell may have signed a new contract at some point in the season though, so maybe not an issue.

Signed a new contract in Jan till 2021

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Good move for him, positive season and could easily be in and around the match squad consistently the following season 

Agree its a good move for him but have to say I doubt he'll ever make a regular with us under LJ.

It seems so long ago he was given a chance by SOD.

He is still young but I think he would have been around our squad this season if LJ ranked him, especially as we tend to move players on with 12 months left (when he returns).

Let's face it he was OK in the cup (less so vs Wolves) but I doubt many would say he would figure in a top 6 Championship team (whatever that is)

Shame to see him go, my initial reaction is he should have been kept here this season.  There's enough games in a 3-pronged campaign to ensure he could have played at least 10 or 12 matches.

I feel that when players have sampled matches in the 1st team, they need to stay around that level.

Archived