IGNORED

England v. Norway Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

The Norwegians are ranked 12th to our 3rd but whilst we have some injury doubts I am hoping we can secure that semi-final berth tonight in what should be a good game. If nothing else it should be more of a football match than the debacle we were forced to witness in our last game! I'm going 3-1 England:englandsmile4wf:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48766811

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The Norwegians are ranked 12th to our 3rd but whilst we have some injury doubts I am hoping we can secure that semi-final berth tonight in what should be a good game. If nothing else it should be more of a football match than the debacle we were forced to witness in our last game! I'm going 3-1 England:englandsmile4wf:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48766811

Hopefully by 8pm it may have cooled down a little in France. Having said that, you would imagine that the Norwegians would be affected by heat more than our players.

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Hopefully by 8pm it may have cooled down a little in France. Having said that, you would imagine that the Norwegians would be affected by heat more than our players.

The Phil Neville interview on SSN last night was interesting saying how they had been training in extreme heat for weeks in preparation for this game

Also training with additional clothing to make people hotter

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

The Phil Neville interview on SSN last night was interesting saying how they had been training in extreme heat for weeks in preparation for this game

Also training with additional clothing to make people hotter

I think he has overdone it with them. Also sent them on a training camp. They seem tired. 

31 minutes ago, chinapig said:

In Caroline Graham Hansen Norway may have the best player in the tournament. Our from has been patchy so we will do well to get through this one.

This. We haven't been at our best yet, only Ellen White with any sort of form, Duggan and Parris need to share the burden of scoring. Possible new centre back pairing tonight, not ideal.

Graham Hansen has the ability to win this game on her own.

Would be fairly confident going into a game like this, but the girls are very slapdash at the back and Norway will punish those type of errors.  Also a bit concerned about fitness with a few of the girls not 100% I fear.

Still, some foottie to watch in yhe close season and some decent totty in the Norway team, I'm guessing.

7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Neither do you see the ball needlessly given away in a much much slower format

It’s not that much slower........If you’d see theJapanese last night they played some very quick one touch stuff at pace. They were robbed in the end.

Archived