IGNORED

England v. Norway Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Offensively, as good as we have played so far. Still think both sides defensively are leaving gaps, and we have just exploited them better. Bronze and Bright for me playing really well. 

Milly Bright is one of those “magnet” like defenders who just seems to be in the way of everything. Bronze and Parris must be the strongest flank in the women’s game. 

As patriotic as I am, I don’t think we’re very good.

Come up against a decent team and we’re going home. 

Got many weak links - keeper looks dodgy, centre backs easily pulled around the pitch, casual in midfield and Kirby (?) seems a waste of space.

Enjoyed other games in this tournament far more with skill levels well in excess of those displayed tonight. 

Anyhow, come on England. Step up through a few gears will you! 

Bronze is clearly a cut above.

Bright doesn’t quite have the passing that Houghton has, IMO.

Parris is your classic English winger! Fast, skilful but appears to lack awareness: the moment she got her head up we score. If she can do that consistently we’ve got a great chance of dominating the rest of this tournament. No one could cope with her and Bronze attacking their left flank.

8 minutes ago, awbb said:

Bronze is clearly a cut above.

Bright doesn’t quite have the passing that Houghton has, IMO.

Parris is your classic English winger! Fast, skilful but appears to lack awareness: the moment she got her head up we score. If she can do that consistently we’ve got a great chance of dominating the rest of this tournament. No one could cope with her and Bronze attacking their left flank.

I would not be unhappy if Lucy Bronze became the first woman to play for BCFC.

Absolute class ?

48 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Neither do you see the ball needlessly given away in a much much slower format

Don’t you have better things to do?

Actually don’t answer that.

as I type this they’ve scored a fantastic goal, somehow managing to make you look like even more of an idiot

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Great shot but woeful Norwegian defending. England had tried the same routine twice before and still no Norway defenders anywhere near her............:disapointed2se:

3 - 0 pretty much game over.

No shit RR.

Don’t generally take much notice, or indeed care, about the anti Robbored rhetoric on here...

But you do seem to be a giant bell end most of the time.

5 minutes ago, Oops said:

I would not be unhappy if Lucy Bronze became the first woman to play for BCFC.

Absolute class ?

She’s had an assist, a secondary assist and now a goal... and a last ditch tackle.

Would be interesting to see, she would have to curtail a lot of the attacking threat to deal with the pace of the men, but I reckon she’s got defensive chops to deal with everything other than the most physical or quality play. She can clearly strike the ball as well as most male players.

aaaaagggghhhhh Bright! 

Steph Houghton is basically John Terry only likeable and less prone to falling over.

1 minute ago, awbb said:

She’s had an assist, a secondary assist and now a goal... and a last ditch tackle.

Would be interesting to see, she would have to curtail a lot of the attacking threat to deal with the pace of the men, but I reckon she’s got defensive chops to deal with everything other than the most physical or quality play. She can clearly strike the ball as well as most male players.

aaaaagggghhhhh Bright! 

Steph Houghton is basically John Terry only likeable and less prone to falling over.

And doesn’t throw bottles 

8 minutes ago, Unan said:

Don't mean to be negative but the womens teams seem to make a lot more mistakes

They really don't. Watch how many times the men's team give the ball away under no pressure.

And do I even need to mention John Stones?

Archived