IGNORED

Great Signings

wendyredredrobin

Great to see the signings of Kalas, DaSilva and Sammy Whatshisname, but concerned that the team isn't looking so much different to the team we ended last season with.  Kelly out and Sammy in really.

We still need another keeper and still crying out for a big man up top and a right back.

Brentford keeper coming for £4m maybe.

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great to see the signings of Kalas, DaSilva and Sammy Whatshisname, but concerned that the team isn't looking so much different to the team we ended last season with.  Kelly out and Sammy in really.

We still need another keeper and still crying out for a big man up top and a right back.

Concerned? Really? With 3 great signings (apparently) before the end of June and over a month before the start of the season!

38 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Szmodics.....

Google is your friend.

41 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Apart from Dasilva,  got  a link for the other two signing?...................:cool2:

Blimey give them a chance! First it was people saying we haven't signed anyone when hardly any champ teams had, and players were on their holidays. It seems very likely we will get Gillmartin, Bentley, Rowe, Kalas, Szmodics and possibly Palmer too. We already have Dasilva. That's 7 if they all happen.

LJ said he regretted not getting in another midfielder in January. Bound to be one - Williams I reckon. And up top I would be very surprised if we leave it as it is. So I expect 9 at least overall. We have 40 odd days to complete those as well.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

About 6 weeks left of the transfer window yet. No panic 

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Da Silva is the only one signed so far, the other two are allegedly close but until they're both signed and sealed can't assume anything - we've seen so many transfers fall at the final hurdle in the past (remember that Egyptian guy?)

So that's one, who are all the others that fell through?

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So that's one, who are all the others that fell through?

eg Dwight Gayle was allegedly having the medical but ended up elsewhere when Cotts was manager, then there was Zach Clough from Bolton whose dad pulled the deal at the last minute etc etc

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

eg Dwight Gayle was allegedly having the medical but ended up elsewhere when Cotts was manager, then there was Zach Clough from Bolton whose dad pulled the deal at the last minute etc etc

Gayle and Clough (or his Dad) wouldn't even seriously talk to us. They were not done deals that fell apart at the last minute. That really doesn't happen very often to any transfers.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Gayle and Clough (or his Dad) wouldn't even seriously talk to us. They were not done deals that fell apart at the last minute. That really doesn't happen very often to any transfers.

People on here thought they were done deals at the time even if they weren't, that's my point

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

In all fairness, if we spend all the hard money on the Chelsea loanees from last season and Bentley we can always see what the loan market is saying come closer to August. Get a striker on loan with an option to buy. Keep stability. 

Big eyes on Adelakun, Semenyo, Walsh, Moore and Vyner this summer. A full pre-season under LJ with them going into it the right shape could easily make one or two of them force themselves into the team.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We haven’t signed Kalas yet have we? Hope you’re right, but haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere ...

I’m looking at the confirmed and impending signings, together with the young players stepping up and thinking this could be a good season for us, only fly in the ointment for me is Morrell going on loan! Pack suffered greatly last season Brownhill was also knackered and there was little or no rotation, the only player that did shine when rotation did happen was Morrell, so midfield needs cover still needed!

Exciting stuff

COYR

kalas and da silva are great piece or business. No matter if we look the same but with them and webster we had one of the best defence in the league, they know each other and we really needed that transfers. now we need something in midfield and attack.

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

The issue is fast becoming who is leaving. Brownhill, Webster, Vyner and Odowda all have commonly known interest. I would really not be surprised if a couple of others are on someone’s radar. 

Summer just heating up. 

O’dowda will be the only one to leave permanently, vyner on loan,

the rest will be here at the end of the season

13 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep, I’m with you, we have clearly finished signing any new players & what was the point in bringing Kalas & DaSilva in when they weren’t good enough to get us promoted last season & now seeing that we’re even weaker than we were last season!! No Fielding, Pisano or Kelly, Morrell has been allowed to leave on loan with no replacement made!! What is SL doing? 

It’s clearly time for new owners, people that will get things done, I mean, what is going on with that old stand thing, it’s embarrassing!!

Did we even enquire about Hazard? I bet we didn’t!!

Right, that’s it, who has SL’s or LJ’s phone number? I want my money back for my season ticket that I haven’t even bought yet!!

Well if you’re going to massively overreact, then so am I.

Archived