IGNORED

Great Signings

wendyredredrobin

17 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great to see the signings of Kalas, DaSilva and Sammy Whatshisname, but concerned that the team isn't looking so much different to the team we ended last season with.  Kelly out and Sammy in really.

We still need another keeper and still crying out for a big man up top and a right back.

Brentford keeper coming for £4m maybe.

Can't underestimate the impact of continuity though. That was one of our problems for a while last season IMO, with all the outgoings.

Another year together should only make us stronger. Of course still 2-3 more we need I think, but continuity alone can be worth quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Let’s be honest we were just lacking a top quality striker last season. Get that and I think we will make the playoffs.

Now that Dasilva is perm and Kalas imminent and if Webster stays then that is the first choice back four sorted

Still think we need another defensive midfield type (Joe Williams) and like you say a striker who can get you 15-20 goals. I understand we are trying hard for Nketiah season long loan from Arsenal and he is LJs first choice but it’s down to who Arsenal bring in so could be a last minute deal

15 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Now that Dasilva is perm and Kalas imminent and if Webster stays then that is the first choice back four sorted

Still think we need another defensive midfield type (Joe Williams) and like you say a striker who can get you 15-20 goals. I understand we are trying hard for Nketiah season long loan from Arsenal and he is LJs first choice but it’s down to who Arsenal bring in so could be a last minute deal

He would be great and exactly what we need. 

A lot of games we drew and lost last season we were on top and just didn’t take our chances. 

Looks like we are doing very good business so far. I’ll be very happy if/when Kalas and Bentley are confirmed.

after that RB and ST have to be the priorities, and keeping Webster. We’ll definitely need a winger when COD goes. 

I think then we’ll see a lot of the younger players loaned out (not Semenyo though) and hopefully move Watkins on. I can see Baker going aswell if we were to bring in someone like Jordan’s willis.

Exciting. 

19 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great to see the signings of Kalas, DaSilva and Sammy Whatshisname, but concerned that the team isn't looking so much different to the team we ended last season with.  Kelly out and Sammy in really.

We still need another keeper and still crying out for a big man up top and a right back.

There really isn't pleasing many people is there.  Not meant as a dig, but the team last season finished just outside the playoffs.  If it is the same team this year, with a year of experience and playing together, I would be delighted tbf. 

On 27/06/2019 at 19:07, JonDolman said:

Blimey give them a chance! First it was people saying we haven't signed anyone when hardly any champ teams had, and players were on their holidays. It seems very likely we will get Gillmartin, Bentley, Rowe, Kalas, Szmodics and possibly Palmer too. We already have Dasilva. That's 7 if they all happen.

LJ said he regretted not getting in another midfielder in January. Bound to be one - Williams I reckon. And up top I would be very surprised if we leave it as it is. So I expect 9 at least overall. We have 40 odd days to complete those as well.

Pearson ?

On 27/06/2019 at 18:21, wendyredredrobin said:

Concerned??!

Is the transfer deadline tonight?

Have a nice cold drink and relax, we have about 6-7 weeks yet until the window closes.

On 27/06/2019 at 20:41, chinapig said:

Gayle and Clough (or his Dad) wouldn't even seriously talk to us. They were not done deals that fell apart at the last minute. That really doesn't happen very often to any 

Gayle and Gray were both interested in signing but the deals were scuppered by one of our leaders trying to get them to come on a cheaper wage Hence why cotts threw his toys out the pram with Lansdown.

33 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Gayle and Gray were both interested in signing but the deals were scuppered by one of our leaders trying to get them to come on a cheaper wage Hence why cotts threw his toys out the pram with Lansdown.

Gayle wouldn't even come for talks. Gray had more courtesy, though Burnley were clearly a better option for him.

There were certainly shady goings on around the potential Gray and Maguire deals, the full truth of which hasn't come out.

25 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Gayle wouldn't even come for talks. Gray had more courtesy, though Burnley were clearly a better option for him.

There were certainly shady goings on around the potential Gray and Maguire deals, the full truth of which hasn't come out.

Accurate in all respects, as I understand 

9 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

I think you will find that was a promising young centre half by the name of Harry Maguire.

12 hours ago, chinapig said:

Yes agree il go along with that something clouded the lansdown cotterell relationship.

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think you will find that was a promising young centre half by the name of Harry Maguire.

Yes your right  Maguire . also gray did come for talks till Burnley offered more wedge cotts had been told hes moving too fast thats when his relationship with lansdown went down hill

Archived