IGNORED

2019/20 season bets.

Tipps69

13 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Be careful your looking at a big outlay over 9 months at nearly even money.

As much as I think wele finnish top half things can go tips up!!!

I’m thinking of doing 1k on city top half, yes it’s a long wait but I don’t mind if and when it comes in. Might just wait until they set off for America as then we should know all the transfers,should be done by then 

2 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Nice. I rarely bet but go for the occasional big one. Made 1.5 on Trump, and convinced my sister to lump on too, who also made 4 figures. Was eyeing up Boris for a while (betting wise) but just too slow to act. Anyway, back to the footy... City, Posh, Sheffield United relegation and Salford are my main accas 

Had a decent one backed Villa start of March for promotion at 33s.

3 hours ago, Dunc said:

I’m up to £200 on 11/10. Should I go more? Price must start dropping so. We’ll make top half surely!? 

Only you can decide if you go more, it’s not for anyone else to tell you what to do with your money but yes, I’d expect us to be able to make top half, with the squad we currently have & I’m fully expecting us to sign a couple more players.

Just put another £200 on City to finish in the top half!

William Hill still have us at 11/10 where as all the other sites I’ve checked have us at odds-on to finish top half!

Plus SkyBet have just put restrictions on my account! I questioned this & apparently their investors have decided this! They really don’t like losing money ?

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Just put another £200 on City to finish in the top half!

William Hill still have us at 11/10 where as all the other sites I’ve checked have us at odds-on to finish top half!

Plus SkyBet have just put restrictions on my account! I questioned this & apparently their investors have decided this! They really don’t like losing money ?

Is it beyond the level you'd normally bet per month? Could quite easily be they're attempting to recognise the potential for gambling addiction starting rather than just someone whose recognised odds that don't seem right.

38 minutes ago, hodge said:

Is it beyond the level you'd normally bet per month? Could quite easily be they're attempting to recognise the potential for gambling addiction starting rather than just someone whose recognised odds that don't seem right.

No, SkyBet & Ladbrokes have both put limits because of my winnings. Ladbrokes told me that it was because they basically weren’t making enough money from me so restricted me to £1 per bet!! I’ve not bet with them since & just recently SkyBet no longer allow me the weekly reward & have stopped me from getting the best odds guarantee on horse racing as well as limiting how much I can bet on the football to less than £10 on some football bets but I’m quite a lot up on SkyBet.

William Hill, who I have put the larger bets on with (because of their large odds on us), haven’t put any restrictions on me yet but the advantage is that these bets won’t pay out until May 2020 so I should be able to take them for a bit before they take action.

On 29/06/2019 at 11:48, Kingswoodactor said:

Stuck £15 on this yesterday.

Would return £524, COYR!!!! 

EC6E2A1B-EB1A-4428-8B6C-71B6DD53579E.png

Smart bet....with a good chance.  As for the Accumulators placed by the original poster...........bookies love those type of bets, as it's like shooting fish in a barrel!, it's a bit of fun fine, but has no chance of winning IMHO.

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:31, kelbcfc said:

Just done ew Yankee on Liverpool Bristol city  Peterborough  and Orient.

Also Newcastle Birmingham Bristol r##### and Morecambe to get relegated. 

Think two of those are with your heart rather than your head, hope your right though.

Was looking at the Championship odds in the pub last night with some Millwall fans and we were all scratching our heads. Is there a reason Brentford are 10-1 third favourites with a lot of bookmakers? Unproven manager, nowhere near the POs last season, likely to lose Maupay, cannot understand why they'd be so far ahead of City with the bookies suddenly?

Likewise Stoke at 12-1 manager and players yet to make progress, or Wednesday just one peg below City given lost manager and shedding players. Conversely West Brom around or below Brentford, Stoke, and Cardiff and well behind Leeds seems odd given their finish last season and having Bilic in. West Brom is a team always in the mix for automatic promotion spots.

Relegation odds look more logical - obvious mini league of 6-8 clubs with promoted sides unlikely to do a Sheff Utd and things looking ominous for Birmingham. Curious to see which Reading turns up this season. Millwall have re-tooled their front line after losing Gregory and despite being one of the favourites to go down I think will be too streetwise for the new teams.

28 minutes ago, Olé said:

Was looking at the Championship odds in the pub last night with some Millwall fans and we were all scratching our heads. Is there a reason Brentford are 10-1 third favourites with a lot of bookmakers? Unproven manager, nowhere near the POs last season, likely to lose Maupay, cannot understand why they'd be so far ahead of City with the bookies suddenly?

Likewise Stoke at 12-1 manager and players yet to make progress, or Wednesday just one peg below City given lost manager and shedding players. Conversely West Brom around or below Brentford, Stoke, and Cardiff and well behind Leeds seems odd given their finish last season and having Bilic in. West Brom is a team always in the mix for automatic promotion spots.

Relegation odds look more logical - obvious mini league of 6-8 clubs with promoted sides unlikely to do a Sheff Utd and things looking ominous for Birmingham. Curious to see which Reading turns up this season. Millwall have re-tooled their front line after losing Gregory and despite being one of the favourites to go down I think will be too streetwise for the new teams.

Yeah, it's something I've found odd, for me the division is the weakest it's been for a while.

Working my way through the teams, Derby, WBA, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Swansea, Stoke, Birmingham, Barnsley, Luton, Forest, Wednesday, Brentford, Charlton, Huddersfield, Hull & QPR have all either got new managers or managers of very little experience of The Championship & when you then factor in the financial situation of the likes of Swansea, Birmingham, Wednesday, Stoke, Derby, Middlesbrough, Hull, West Bromwich, QPR & Charlton that are looking to cut their budgets because of FFP issues or ownership issues or parachute payment issues, the strength & stability of a lot of clubs just isn't there. Leeds also seem to be rumoured with losing a few of their more regular decent performers from last season.

There isn't a more stable club than us in the division & I really think that could count for a lot.

As for your point on Brentford, I think they are seen as being a club that will be at a constant level due to their blueprint that they work within, it could be argued that they've upgraded at keeper by bringing Raya in & the addition of Jansson won't do them any harm & they've signed the Danish U21 captain who's a midfielder but how they deal with the potential loss of Maupay is anyone's guess but it would have to be anticipated that they won't find an instant 20 goal striker.

I also find the top goalscorer odds a little strange, fair enough Mitrovic at the top of the pile having recently signed a new contract with Fulham but Maupay & Roofe look unlikely to be in the division & I think there's great value in Bobby Reid (if Colin plays him in this division) Zohore who will surely be WBA main striker having just joined & WBA tend to score for fun & even our own Fammy seems to be very nicely priced as long as he can avoid any lengthy injuries. All worth an each way punt in my opinion.

Only time will tell I guess.

9 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Raya an upgrade on our very own bentley how very dare you....  

'It could be argued' & if you go by Bentley's form from last season, I've no doubt they will hope Raya is an upgrade. Me personally, I'm very happy with the Bentley signing & the other business we've done & a big part of that is not allowing our own key players to leave.

Archived