IGNORED

Higher or Lower

RedLionLad

Get a quality goalscoring forward that suits the rest of our players, get Palmer, Kalas and other signings we expect to make, and sign a quality ball winning midfielder. 

We then possibly go up imo. 

Under LJ it’s been a steady progress and now at last he has built a squad of players that he largely recruited and  with more signings imminent I’m optimistic that a pray off spot will be in reach.

That said, I suspect that LJ will be aiming for a top two finish - at least I hope he is.......The question is -  can City do it?

How much stronger will other teams be? Injuries and suspensions to key players, dodgy referee decisions going against us. There are lots of variables that can make a difference of course.

As it stands I expect us to be every pundits "outside bet" for promotion. They'll all pick Leeds and Cardiff for the top two (not unreasonably I might add) but we'll be the "wildcard for a top 6 place".

On that basis we'll probably **** up August and December and finish 9th.

But. If we can maintain last year's defensive standards, somehow find another 15 goals, and get lucky with injuries...then I'd say top 6 could be on.

Archived