IGNORED

New Goalkeeper Kits

TBW

8 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I just posted on the Bentley thread but both r shocking imho

My mum a few Xmas ago got me a book on footballs worst kits,obviously the gas tesco one was on there but these beauties would be up there.

However the eldest boy likes it so there we go.

They're both beautiful and your eldest is right without a doubt!

I notice Bristol City on the badge is also misaligned just like it was on the preview home shirts, am beginning to think it's not a one off and these are all going to be this bad. Such a shame. And my OCD will play havoc every time I see the kit this season.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

I notice Bristol City on the badge is also misaligned just like it was on the preview home shirts, am beginning to think it's not a one off and these are all going to be this bad. Such a shame. And my OCD will play havoc every time I see the kit this season.

I dunno... I'd say it's pretty ******* close and you should leave the OCD to people who actually have it.

badge.png

Having done the research on this, the pattern has been purchased from the American military. It is a specially designed camouflage pattern made up of computer generated disruptive patterning designed to confuse the opposition striker. Much like the break up patterns seen on zebra or tiger, it fools the eye and makes it very difficult to spacially assess the position of the wearer. It is used on stealth aircraft and ships to provide a revolutionary semi-cloaking device effect.

Worn on a goalkeeper shirt, this will provide a marginal but important gain, confusing players in front of goal and making the positioning or distance of the keeper near impossible to assess quickly.

So expect a shed load of misplaced back passes and own goals. Bugger.

18 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Having done the research on this, the pattern has been purchased from the American military. It is a specially designed camouflage pattern made up of computer generated disruptive patterning designed to confuse the opposition striker. Much like the break up patterns seen on zebra or tiger, it fools the eye and makes it very difficult to spacially assess the position of the wearer. It is used on stealth aircraft and ships to provide a revolutionary semi-cloaking device effect.

Worn on a goalkeeper shirt, this will provide a marginal but important gain, confusing players in front of goal and making the positioning or distance of the keeper near impossible to assess quickly.

So expect a shed load of misplaced back passes and own goals. Bugger.

Is it like the dazzle ships they used in WW2 to confuse the U-boats?

23 hours ago, TBW said:

Why isn't the home shirt the same style? It's beautiful!

... in both colours.

jmp_bcfc_sign_daniel_bentley_rt0013.jpg

jmp_bcfc_sign_daniel_bentley_rt0173.jpg

Though the sponsor could move down slightly.

Now we await the third choice Goalkeeper socks.

Weirdly, it looks like the sponsor is lower on the purple one he’s wearing, compared to those hanging up... Is it just me?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Is it like the dazzle ships they used in WW2 to confuse the U-boats?

If it was in grey and black, definitely. We'll know when he takes his first drop kick of the season wearing the shirt. If he immediately afterwards puts his hands over his ears, he'll be thinking he fired a depth charge!

10 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Weirdly, it looks like the sponsor is lower on the purple one he’s wearing, compared to those hanging up... Is it just me?

Agree with you. Prefer the one he's wearing.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Going to be available in short sleeve more so than long. Might have to get the pink one ??

The cynic in me suggests we signed a goalkeeper who wears short sleeve shirts so we can make and flog more of them.

But that’s bollocks. (I bet we sell loads of the gk shirts though)

31 minutes ago, !james said:

Would a grown adult actually purchase and wear one of these?

Yes. I'm going to find seven other guys and we're going to buy eight of them so we can start a new five-a-side team with that as our kit.

On 29/06/2019 at 21:42, Juan Perro said:

I suppose you're not one of such people: Check out those likes below...

badge.png.3218a7f3993ae287295c2baf28250d27.png

They're done properly by the digital media company (aka the photo you've shown), but the kit manufacturers copy of it is poor

On 30/06/2019 at 02:38, RedYoshi said:

I think it might just be you Red. ?

I have no objection to either of these shirts; I suspect they may sell well even if the price is a gigantic £45?

Archived