IGNORED

No Purple & Lime away kit?

Unan

GK usually just wears a kit that doesn't clash with the opposition, more just a case the green one will be worn predominantly. We won't always wear the purple one for away games just like our away kit doesn't get worn at every away game.

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hopefully not - never got caught up in the hype around our purple and lime stuff - other clubs wore purple and lime way before us (eg Forest) yet some City fans still insist its ‘unique’ to us ....

Other clubs have had purple and lime kits but we have some decent history with kits in that colour, enough for it to be 'traditional' for a 3rd kit now

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hopefully not - never got caught up in the hype around our purple and lime stuff - other clubs wore purple and lime way before us (eg Forest) yet some City fans still insist its ‘unique’ to us ....

Forest was 1993/94.

City beat Liverpool wearing purple and lime in January 1994, so not really 'way' before us.

8 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

We should scrap purple and lime once and for all. Dreadful kit colour scheme. And yes, I was there at Liverpool.

Red, white, red for home.

White, black, white for away.

And when we need a third kit? No harm in keeping p&l as a third kit

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Same here.

It's a hideous combo.

It is a shame we've dropped a purple/lime away kit as I do agree it is something which is bizarrely identifiable as unique to us. 

However, I don't mind this season's black away kit too much... so long as black/white away kits don't become a trend again - we're pretty limited in the amount of variability we can do with a blood red home shirt, so bland/boring variations of white & black away kits never do it for me. Combine that with the fact that when I first started watching we went through a phase of wearing either yellow/green or all green away kits - this to me should be our go to when Purple & lime needs to be rested. 

• Admin

Problem is at one time it WAS just us that had this kit, but more and more sides were using it next season

Yeah it is memorable for Anfield, Tinnion from the half way line at Stoke and the season we won the league but apart from that it has no history with our club

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They club mix it up to ensure they sell more shirts.

Not everyone who buys the home shirt is going to get a new one every season, after all, it's just a red tshirt.

Same likely applies to the away shirt.

We could always go back to the Red, Black & Green hooped top from the late 90s (?) when were sponsored by Auto Windscreens. That was a thing of beauty. 

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

Problem is at one time it WAS just us that had this kit, but more and more sides were using it next season

Yeah it is memorable for Anfield, Tinnion from the half way line at Stoke and the season we won the league but apart from that it has no history with our club

All pretty memorable moments in our history I'd say? :dunno:

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

We could always go back to the Red, Black & Green hooped top from the late 90s (?) when were sponsored by Auto Windscreens. That was a thing of beauty. 

I believe that would have been modelled by one Louis Carey on his debut in 1995, away at York I think

Capture.PNG

I really like purple and lime but feel it’s time for a little break from it. Last season’s one was a tad garish and it’s good to mix it up.

Personally I would have liked to see a yellow and green one either like the Hirerite one from 89/90 or even the yellow and green third kit from 90/92

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:18, PHILINFRANCE said:

Forest was 1993/94.

City beat Liverpool wearing purple and lime in January 1994, so not really 'way' before us.

think we started wearing the purple and lime in 1992

On 28/06/2019 at 23:53, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn’t we’d lose a play off vs the Bees wearing purple and lime? I could be wrong  ...

It was more of a green and white shirt.  Used to be pics of it around somewhere. 

Archived