IGNORED

What do we need

Sparkz 76

After the 3 great signings we have made when Kalas is confirmed what do we realistically need to really push on. Striker CM or DMC and a winger and maybe a RB. Personally would love a decent striker that’s a must but was wondering on thoughts of you guys and gals 

Left back most important. Can't have one of them.

DM very important. Big problem when Korey out.

Striker needed. I am now hoping Fam is sold with this rumour that might be true. We need a different type to be our number 9.

I wonder if we might need 2 of them if he goes.

3rd choice GK needed - which seems like it will be Gillmartin

31 minutes ago, Selred said:

Position & how much we need them. 

Left back - 100%

DM - 80%

ST - 60%

RB - 40%

We have a left back. Expect we might get some cheap cover but its hardly a priority over new striker.

I'd say an upgrade on Pack is vital if we want to push on.

Hunt is the weak link at the back - perhaps Vyner might challenge there though.

55 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We have a left back. Expect we might get some cheap cover but its hardly a priority over new striker.

I'd say an upgrade on Pack is vital if we want to push on.

Hunt is the weak link at the back - perhaps Vyner might challenge there though.

1 hour ago, Sparkz 76 said:

What about Dasilva then

If Da Silva gets injured we only have Pring who’s played like 7 league games in his career. 

I’m not saying pay big money, I’d even take Rowe from Donny, but it’s the position we are lightest on.

Thats more of a priority over strikers where we have Fammy, Taylor, Sammie & Weimann who can all play there.

For RB we also have Moore.

13 hours ago, Selred said:

If Da Silva gets injured we only have Pring who’s played like 7 league games in his career. 

I’m not saying pay big money, I’d even take Rowe from Donny, but it’s the position we are lightest on.

Thats more of a priority over strikers where we have Fammy, Taylor, Sammie & Weimann who can all play there.

For RB we also have Moore.

Honestly for left back we will probably get this Tommy Rowe as cover / not a priority position at all if we want to progress. 

Taylor is not great, Weimann and Sammie not out and our strikers. That’s the obvious position we need someone decent. 

A striker and a centre mid have to be priority. Think we will see a lot more of Semenyo next year learning his trade off Fammy and another good Championship level striker plus Weimann being in and around there too.  

With Smith out and Morrell gone we will struggle to improve on last years position without a new centre mid. Pack and Brownhill played 45 and 46 games respectively last season and this really showed at points. Burnout was clear in games such as in the 1-1 home draw with Ipswich. 

12 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Jarrod Bowen would be who I would try for 

Right age and proven at this level

May cost us a fair bit but worth it as always looked quality when I have seen him

No recent rumours about him, oddly. A while back Everton and Spurs were said to be 'monitoring' him.

Not that I have ever understood what monitoring a player means. Perhaps clubs get GCHQ to track them.

16 hours ago, chinapig said:

No recent rumours about him, oddly. A while back Everton and Spurs were said to be 'monitoring' him.

Not that I have ever understood what monitoring a player means. Perhaps clubs get GCHQ to track them.

I think Spurs are probably fishing in a different pond tbh and Bowen isn’t that high up on their list of priorities

I know Hull were touting £20m previously but if we were to be really bold and sold the clubs ambition to Bowen as well as offering a sizeable fee and sell on to Hull it may be tempting

It May sound mad but if we offered £15m - £20m for him and if we sold Webster then the books would balance 

Obviously the void would need to be filled but I am pretty sure the club would have a plan for this eventuality and a Prem loan or purchase of a similar type player would be in hand

You don’t get proven goal scorers at this level for peanuts so would need to spend big if the ambition is to get in the top two or minimum top 6

We all know that a striker who can score 20+ goals is what was missing last season as the defence was one of the best in the league

17 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Reported ( as we will never know )

kalas ( yes its happening ) £7-8m

dasilva £2m

bentley £4m

And Sammie £750k

(Bentley also widely reported as £2m fwiw)

Asked to update fans about the window to date LJ is quoted as singing  , in Julie Andrews best tone, 

........’Supertomaskalasbenteleysammiejaydasilva

11 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Reported ( as we will never know )

kalas ( yes its happening ) £7-8m

dasilva £2m

bentley £4m

Do you know for sure we went as high as 4 million for bentley?? Seems a lot with 1 year left on his contract?

for what its worth, and it depends on outgoings such as odowda, but for me we are crying out for a centre midfielder and goal scorer.

i dont think morrell would have gone out if a new midfielder wasnt lined up, and would like to see norwood come in if sheff u dont fancy him in the premier league.

re strikers, depends on the budget, but mcburnie, hogan, assombalonga would be nice. If webster/ diedhou goes then its a different ball game, and we could be looking at che adams, morelos, edouard bowen as well as one of the others above. 

18 hours ago, marcofisher said:

A striker and a centre mid have to be priority. Think we will see a lot more of Semenyo next year learning his trade off Fammy and another good Championship level striker plus Weimann being in and around there too.  

With Smith out and Morrell gone we will struggle to improve on last years position without a new centre mid. Pack and Brownhill played 45 and 46 games respectively last season and this really showed at points. Burnout was clear in games such as in the 1-1 home draw with Ipswich. 

You say smith is out, any idea how long that will be for? didn't realise his injury was that bad.

13 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Do you know for sure we went as high as 4 million for bentley?? Seems a lot with 1 year left on his contract?

for what its worth, and it depends on outgoings such as odowda, but for me we are crying out for a centre midfielder and goal scorer.

i dont think morrell would have gone out if a new midfielder wasnt lined up, and would like to see norwood come in if sheff u dont fancy him in the premier league.

re strikers, depends on the budget, but mcburnie, hogan, assombalonga would be nice. If webster/ diedhou goes then its a different ball game, and we could be looking at che adams, morelos, edouard bowen as well as one of the others above. 

As i said we will never really know but thats the reported isnt it. 

Top striker for me and we are all good! 

Archived