IGNORED

What do we need

Sparkz 76

55 minutes ago, pillred said:

You say smith is out, any idea how long that will be for? didn't realise his injury was that bad.

Will miss the start of the season, by the time he is fit it will be almost Christmas. Not to mention the guy will have barely played a game in 18 months, he isn't going to be the Korey we know from the off and certainly won't be a player for a team challenging for promotion.

We seriously need to up the quality here if we wish to challenge. 

5 hours ago, INCRED said:

I think Spurs are probably fishing in a different pond tbh and Bowen isn’t that high up on their list of priorities

I know Hull were touting £20m previously but if we were to be really bold and sold the clubs ambition to Bowen as well as offering a sizeable fee and sell on to Hull it may be tempting

It May sound mad but if we offered £15m - £20m for him and if we sold Webster then the books would balance 

Obviously the void would need to be filled but I am pretty sure the club would have a plan for this eventuality and a Prem loan or purchase of a similar type player would be in hand

You don’t get proven goal scorers at this level for peanuts so would need to spend big if the ambition is to get in the top two or minimum top 6

We all know that a striker who can score 20+ goals is what was missing last season as the defence was one of the best in the league

Bowen is a right winger isn't he? 

I think 15-20 million on one player is a bit too much of a gamble for a club like us. We are doing so well as we are.

I am sure we will be looking to find the next 20 goal a season striker. And Diedhiou was that the season before, where he literally scored a goal every 180 minutes. So who knows, he might be able to get 20 next season.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think 15-20 million on one player is a bit too much of a gamble for a club like us. We are doing so well as we are.

I am sure we will be looking to find the next 20 goal a season striker. And Diedhiou was that the season before, where he literally scored a goal every 180 minutes. So who knows, he might be able to get 20 next season.

Yes, that rare thing, a goal scoring winger. Or wide attacker at least.

53 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bowen isn’t a right winger

In my opinion, a proven Championship striker, a cover for left back (Tommy Rowe most likely), and Tomas Kalas of course is all we need to be honest. Wouldn’t mind someone like Adomah but that’s probably unlikely. Sort out a couple of loans for some of our younger players (Max O’Leary, Janneh, Pring) and that should be a decent window for us.

2 minutes ago, JakeOTIB said:

In my opinion, a proven Championship striker, a cover for left back (Tommy Rowe most likely), and Tomas Kalas of course is all we need to be honest. Wouldn’t mind someone like Adomah but that’s probably unlikely. Sort out a couple of loans for some of our younger players (Max O’Leary, Janneh, Pring) and that should be a decent window for us.

Depends what the aim is. If we want to finish top two we need a top midfielder to play alongside Brownhill 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Depends what the aim is. If we want to finish top two we need a top midfielder to play alongside Brownhill 

True. Jon Lansdown said Top 6 minimum and our squad is capable of achieving that in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It really depends who the new striker is I reckon. 

I was hearing rumours about Kieffer Moore and I’m not entirely sure he’s that striker. Nketiah could go one way or the other if we signed him. Could turn out like Tammy Abraham... or like Ryan Kent.

9 minutes ago, JakeOTIB said:

I was hearing rumours about Kieffer Moore and I’m not entirely sure he’s that striker. Nketiah could go one way or the other if we signed him. Could turn out like Tammy Abraham... or like Ryan Kent.

I would only want Moore if we sold Fam. Don’t see how we really need both.

Hard to find a striker that will take us to top two without spending £12m ish though. 

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

Not for Hull he hasn’t, he plays inside in a floating 10 role 

Doesn't float very much if he is. Just stays in the right and comes inside to score goals from what I see

Archived