IGNORED

Flag Day 2019

One Team

On 29/06/2019 at 12:11, One Team said:

Could anyone please confirm if Flag Day for the coming season will be the first home game as usual, I.e. the Leeds game on the Sunday?

Thanks!

My understanding is that 'Flag Day' necessitates a large Police involvement.

Bristol City vs Leeds, notwithstanding (or even precisely because) it is a late Sunday afternoon kick-off will undoubtedly also require a large Police presence.

I suspect you can assume quite safely that 'Flag Day' and City/Leeds will not coincide.

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My understanding is that 'Flag Day' necessitates a large Police involvement.

Bristol City vs Leeds, notwithstanding (or even precisely because) it is a late Sunday afternoon kick-off will undoubtedly also require a large Police presence.

I suspect you can assume quite safely that 'Flag Day' and City/Leeds will not coincide.

Forgive my ignorance but surely you don't need police permission to go to the pub and put a flag up? 

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Forgive my ignorance but surely you don't need police permission to go to the pub and put a flag up? 

Of course not, and I am sure that if you (and only you) want to put up a (non-offensive) flag in a BS3 pub on the Sunday of the Leeds game you won't need to seek permission from the Police.

Nevertheless, I remain sceptical that the Police will allow 'Flag Day' to take place on 4 August 2019.

14 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It’s more to do with traffic management due to all the fans in the road. They also tend to close the road for 10 minutes 

16 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Of course not, and I am sure that if you (and only you) want to put up a (non-offensive) flag in a BS3 pub on the Sunday of the Leeds game you won't need to seek permission from the Police.

Nevertheless, I remain sceptical that the Police will allow 'Flag Day' to take place on 4 August 2019.

Fair enough, I didn't realise the event had that level of 'organisation'. 

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Take a small admission fee and give the money to charity. The people working for free will be happier and there will not be a traffic problem as quite a few people are misers and will not turn up.

You can't really charge people to go onto the public footpath bcsweden, however good of an idea that is.

On 02/07/2019 at 15:47, bristolcitysweden said:

They are likely to enter the pub I guess

I think part of the problem is that it has been a victim of it's own success and a fair number of 'youth' turn up with a carrier bag full of cans, without spending money in the pub.

8 minutes ago, One Team said:

Thanks for the update!

Where do you get those shirts?

I may be risking a massive woosh but I would guess a certain pub that is strongly connected to The Three Lions Flag Day.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think part of the problem is that it has been a victim of it's own success and a fair number of 'youth' turn up with a carrier bag full of cans, without spending money in the pub.

But who's thought is that, with the price of a pint in pubs, cheaper to buy from local shop, 

3 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

But who's thought is that, with the price of a pint in pubs, cheaper to buy from local shop, 

Then those 'kids' should go and organise their own Flag Day at a different venue.....and not tag along to the Three Lions event.

Archived