IGNORED

Wage envy

keynshamred

I'm not one to know who is on what, in terms of wages. But I just hope now that we have someone who will be on a supposed 25k a week, it doesn't ruin the balance of the squad in terms of wages.

The last 3/4 years we've had a happy squad, full of spirit and togetherness (since Tomlin) and even before that with Cotterills leadership, but these things can cause ruptions in a camp. Hopefully Johnson and Ashton have thought about this and have answers if players come knocking on the office door, asking 'why is he on more than me' etc.

For example. Webster now who has prem teams looking at him, could be on half this wage. Brownhill who is another vital player who is attracting interest could say the same. Just worried it could cause a slight rift in the camp. Don't get me wrong, we all have to be delighted with these top quality signings and hopefully there will be more to come!! 

It looks like we have now changed our stance on our wage structure. Which is what was needed. Here's hoping it all works out well for Ashton and Co

You REDS!! 

3 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

I'm not one to know who is on what, in terms of wages. But I just hope now that we have someone who will be on a supposid 25k a week, it doesn't ruin the balance of the squad in terms of wages.

The last 3/4 years we've had a happy squad, full of spirit and togetherness (since Tomlin) and even before that with Cotterills leadership, but these things can cause ruptions in a camp. Hopefully Johnson and Ashton have thought about this and have answers if players come knocking on the office door, asking 'why is he on more than me' etc.

For example. Webster now who has prem teams looking at him, could be on half this wage. Brownhill who is another vital player who is attracting interest could say the same. Just worried it could cause a slight rift in the camp. Don't get me wrong, we all have to be delighted with these top quality signings and hopefully there will be more to come!! 

It looks like we have now changed our stance on our wage structure. Which is what was needed. Here's hoping it all works out well for Ashton and Co

You REDS!! 

Are we talking about Kalas? The established Czech International? 

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Are we talking about Kalas? The established Czech International? 

Yeah Kalas. You make a good point, 19 caps is a good reason to be on such a high wage for this club over the last 6/7 years. Its good that we've finally broken this wage barrier. You just worry sometimes wages can cause a problem at a football club. As I say, hope it is nothing to worry about and we can carry on building as a football club. 

Shouldn't do as most clubs have players on wages within wide margins. Think these days individuals are cute enough to realize in order to progress that this will happen and also realize that if it leads to promotion they too will be up for huge wage increases and massive lifestyle changes. 

Yeah i suppose thats the goal at the end of the day. Progress as a team and on the back of that, progress your wage and your own reputation.

It's just when things start going wrong and a player on a higher wage, isn't pulling his weight or not performing to his potential it can cause slight issues. I'm sure with our leaderships all will be good!! 

Quite possibly, but there could be a trade off. I don't recall which game it was but it was said by LJ in the post match interviews that Wiemann doesn't have a goal bonus. That could be because he earns more than the other attacking midfielders but they do have goal bonuses. Depending on how well they play, it might even itself out regardless of what their take home pay each week is. 

Archived