IGNORED

Rising sun pub - 1 star food hygiene!

AshtonPark

20 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Just been looking at the evening post website and see the rising sun got awarded 1 star in its hygiene rating! 

Better check your glasses are clean for anyone going there in the new season!

I’m guessing that was whilst the previous temporary people were in there. It was awful in there for about a 6 month period. Like really minging..! 

To get 1 star is so bad, there’s really no excuse for anywhere to score that low..! 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m guessing that was whilst the previous temporary people were in there. It was awful in there for about a 6 month period. Like really minging..! 

To get 1 star is so bad, there’s really no excuse for anywhere to score that low..! 

Not that it's really an excuse...  But you can get a one star rating for not having the right paper work.

I'm not saying this is why they got one star mind. 

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hmmm.

The Food Standard Agency's own website gives it a 5.

Another little bit of that delicious fake news maybe?

https://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search/en-GB/rising sun/^/Relevance/0/855/^/0/1/10

Untitled.jpg

Not at all. If you look at those addresses they arnt for the pub, it is still classed as bar bs3 if you look.

21 Ashton Road Ashton Bristol
BS3 2EA
Date of inspection: 24 April 2019

infact it isn’t even 1 star it’s 0 stars!!

27 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Not at all. If you look at those addresses they arnt for the pub, it is still classed as bar bs3 if you look.

21 Ashton Road Ashton Bristol
BS3 2EA
Date of inspection: 24 April 2019

infact it isn’t even 1 star it’s 0 stars!!

Fair enough; I did look at the EP story to see that it wasn't featured which is why I looked it up.

I don't own it or anything.

5 minutes in any pub will pretty much tell you the hygiene rating.

Generally, if your feet stick to the floor, your elbows to the tables and there is dire need for refurbishment then there won't be much money or pride wasted on the food arrangements. 

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

5 minutes in any pub will pretty much tell you the hygiene rating.

Generally, if your feet stick to the floor, your elbows to the tables and there is dire need for refurbishment then there won't be much money or pride wasted on the food arrangements. 

A place can leave a lot to be desired in terms of decor and even general cleanliness, but that doesn’t directly relate to basic food hygiene standards. 

To get 1 star is appalling. When I had it as BS3 we always had 4/5 star ratings. My current place has 5 star rating. You only really need to show understanding of hygiene and have procedures in place, to get a decent rating. 

12 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Not that it's really an excuse...  But you can get a one star rating for not having the right paper work.

I'm not saying this is why they got one star mind. 

Not really. You’d not get 5 stars without the correct paper work in place, but you wouldn’t get as low as 1 star based on that. 

You'd basically have to be failing pretty much every basic standard, to get 1 star..!

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not really. You’d not get 5 stars without the correct paper work in place, but you wouldn’t get as low as 1 star based on that. 

You'd basically have to be failing pretty much every basic standard, to get 1 star..!

A friend of mine runs a pub in Weston and they got a 1 star rating because his paperwork was not up to date.

Got it all in order, next inspection 5 stars

In a similar note, pubs/restaurants can re-apply to contest a rating.

For example, the Rope Walk in Bedminster got a poor rating (1 or 0, I forget which). A few weeks later, they had a 5 star rating again.

If you get a shit rating, it only sticks until you get your next inspection, and by that time you'll have had a quick vacuum and have bought some clean glasses.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

A friend of mine runs a pub in Weston and they got a 1 star rating because his paperwork was not up to date.

Got it all in order, next inspection 5 stars

Yep it’s very easy to get 1 Star when it’s nothing to do with the actual hygiene. The evening post and others love to then print the list without any thought about it. If I could give a paper a bit 0-5 star ratting it would certainly be 0 for the amount t of clickbait shite it produces 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Without all paperwork you automatically get a 1*

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Without all paperwork you automatically get a 1*

Oh right, that must have changed then. 

I didn’t have all the paperwork once and got marked down a star (to 4) got it up together and then got issued a 5. 

One of the better Indian restaurants near me got a zero rating last year because the inspectors turned up when they were closed for repairs due to a burst pipe and the kitchen was, understandably, in a bit of a state.

Within a week of reopening they were re-inspected and up to a 4.

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:01, TomF said:

Yep it’s very easy to get 1 Star when it’s nothing to do with the actual hygiene. The evening post and others love to then print the list without any thought about it. If I could give a paper a bit 0-5 star ratting it would certainly be 0 for the amount t of clickbait shite it produces 

Evening Post has always been the same as far back as I can remember... so erratic and inconsistent... Infact I can well remember the days when it had 3* stars one evening and only 1*star by the very next morning, crazy stuff! ;)  

This happened with the Bridge pub on Passage Street also. Got slated in an Evening Post article for having a 0 rating only for the owner to come out a few days later and state that the 0 rating was purely down to misfiling of paperwork. It was back to a 5 rating in the space of a few days 

Archived