IGNORED

Bad hotel experiences

Oh Louie louie

Im sure we have all had a few of these, but see if you can match this 1.

This was in the days before tripadvisor and our boss booked us in a backstreet hotel in london victoria.

When we got in reception this italian guy and a hotel employee were grappling on the floor, the italian guy was shouting he wanted his money back.

Not the best of starts but we checked inn, total dive as you can imagine.

Next day im stood outside the hotel having a cig, and this aussie guy came out the hotel and introduced himself as manager.

He was being over friendly and he asked me twice what time i got back from site.

6 i told him twice just to get him off my back.

We came back from work that night at about 4pm and he jumped the counter off reception and said woah were you going?

My room i said, you cant he said a friends in there with a lady.

I looked at him strange thinking whats he on about, then he said oh dont worry il change the sheets!

The penny dropped then!

Had a few psychological itches that night.

Not really a stay in a hotel, but there is a hotel involved. 

Used to collect waste from this Hotel on WsM seafront.... Sandringham Hotel, never go there.

They do NOT tie their waste bin bags, which is often full of waste food. We've to'ld them again and again TIE YOUR BIN BAGS.... but they wont, they refuse.... so muck and crap fills into their waste bins, flies and maggots get to them.... one time my boss (before I quit) said "shovel all that waste out" - I was like "duck off"

Oasis "Hotel" Harlow

Living in and around the Harlow area for a while now, I've heard a few stories about this place, and spent a while reading the reviews one time. 

It doesn't look the best of places as you're driving past to be fair, but what makes it worse is that literally 2 minutes walk down the road is a Premier Inn.

Have a read, and a laugh. "Dive" on in....

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Oasis "Hotel" Harlow

Living in and around the Harlow area for a while now, I've heard a few stories about this place, and spent a while reading the reviews one time. 

It doesn't look the best of places as you're driving past to be fair, but what makes it worse is that literally 2 minutes walk down the road is a Premier Inn.

Have a read, and a laugh. "Dive" on in....

What made me laugh as well as the reviews for this place (never been there, but it is obviously an absolute shithole) was that there were 2 "excellent" reviews!  Not sure I'd like to meet those people who gave 5 stars, or was it members of staff on a wind up perhaps?

2 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

What made me laugh as well as the reviews for this place (never been there, but it is obviously an absolute shithole) was that there were 2 "excellent" reviews!  Not sure I'd like to meet those people who gave 5 stars, or was it members of staff on a wind up perhaps?

Either that or Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett stayed the night :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

One was from ten years ago, and the other seemed to give it five stars simply because the staff didn't steal his tablet!

Screenshot_20190707-001600~2.png

I stayed at the Burrard Motor Inn, Vancouver, in 2008. Was a budget place, organised by emigration agent, as I was trying to move out there.

What a bloody hole. Hadn't been redecorated or updated since about 1966, and I woke on my last morning to find a mouse climbing up the velour (!) headboard.

Didn't bother complaining as it was my last dsy, and I doubt they would have given a shit anyway. Never got to Canada either.

Read horrendous Tripadvisor reviews some time afterwards...someone said that he had seen rat shit there. By all accounts it has been taken over and completely done out and gets great reviews now.

Me and my wife stayed in Easy Hotel as in Easyjet in London victoria , tiny room one light so either bright or pitch black ,little high window with view of a wall and decor as you may have guessed was Easyjet Orange .Only stayed there because we stayed in Easy Hotel Amsterdam and that was great .Oh and our room in London hotel was meant to be one of the better ones .?

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I booked into a B&B in Newport once and on turning the sheets back discovered a half eaten kebab in the bed. Needless to say, I made my excuses and left!

Did you finish the kebab off first?

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I booked into a B&B in Newport once and on turning the sheets back discovered a half eaten kebab in the bed. Needless to say, I made my excuses and left!

You should have said if you required 'room only' …. Sounds like they booked you in as bed AND breakfast... Easy mistake to be fair. 

(besides that - 'When in Wales do as the Welsh do' )

9 hours ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

The reviews of the Alpha Guest House on Coronation Road are the funniest and most terrifying I have seen:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186220-d211056-Reviews-Alpha_Guest_House-Bristol_England.html?m=19905

I just spent a very entertaining 15 minutes reading them. It always looks crap but some of it is unbelievable!

Wigan West Premier Inn. Bad enough it’s in Wigan but also if you want to go back 15 years in time this hotel is for you.  Premier inns are usually ok but this is the only place I’ve ever walked out on! 

9 hours ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

The reviews of the Alpha Guest House on Coronation Road are the funniest and most terrifying I have seen:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186220-d211056-Reviews-Alpha_Guest_House-Bristol_England.html?m=19905

How the hell has this place 'survived' as a business for so long?..... You'd imagine it wouldn't last a month without going bust or being closed down by the local authority (seems the council/social services are actually paying customers ffs!)

Those reviews (almost all along similar lines of shocking) span a period covering the last FIFTEEN YEARS … the place even appeared on BBC's Watchdog and was apparently awarded Britain's Worst status... guest reviews here confirm this so how can anyone continue to make a living out of such a shite business?  FFS its ran worse than that tented shambles of a football club in Horfield and that's saying something!

Shameful !  

During a recent stay at a well known 5 star hotel on the Cotê d'Azur we were sat on our terrace overlooking the manicured gardens and turquoise Mediterranean beyond on particularly warm evening. 

A knock at the door signalled the arrival of our gin and tonics, imagine the horror on our faces when we realised there was no slice of lemon and the ice had already all but melted! 

And people moan about the b&b on Coronation rd?! 

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

During a recent stay at a well known 5 star hotel on the Cotê d'Azur we were sat on our terrace overlooking the manicured gardens and turquoise Mediterranean beyond on particularly warm evening. 

A knock at the door signalled the arrival of our gin and tonics, imagine the horror on our faces when we realised there was no slice of lemon and the ice had already all but melted! 

And people moan about the b&b on Coronation rd?! 

Tch, Tch, bloody foreigners.... 

12 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

How the hell has this place 'survived' as a business for so long?..... You'd imagine it wouldn't last a month without going bust or being closed down by the local authority (seems the council/social services are actually paying customers ffs!)

Those reviews (almost all along similar lines of shocking) span a period covering the last FIFTEEN YEARS … the place even appeared on BBC's Watchdog and was apparently awarded Britain's Worst status... guest reviews here confirm this so how can anyone continue to make a living out of such a shite business?  FFS its ran worse than that tented shambles of a football club in Horfield and that's saying something!

Shameful !  

I'd imagine it just be a side business for something else.  I dunno, the mind boggles. 

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

I'd imagine it just be a side business for something else.  I dunno, the mind boggles. 

They take in DSS and Housing Benefit. All these people are usually down-and-out drug addicts or alcoholics. From what I gather the Council/Police turn a blind eye in light of keeping these people off the streets.

Archived