IGNORED

Sammie Szmodics' Tattoos...

Robbored

44 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

This will be particularly the case @maxjak with a Gustave Dore design. These are wonderful, intricate monochrome pictures but their appeal is in their sharpness and detail which will steadily blur into a grey blob over time.

I have seen some amazing pictures of tattoos that give a three dimensional effect but they only work when they are fresh and sharp; lose the sharpness and the 3D effect goes and then the blurring and fading finishes it off.

A Gustave Dore will last much better hanging upon the wall in a frame.

An old friend of mine had ‘ Wolverhampton Wanderers ‘ tattooed on his manhood.

He tells me that now it just reads ‘ Wolves ‘ .

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Fine, short of running this thread with updates for the next twenty years it is unprovable either way.

A lot of older tattoos do look like blurry smears; you think this is because the inks are inferior and I think that this is the inevitable result of introducing foreign particles into the skin.

I suggest that we agree to differ.

It’s an age thing I guess , the skin goes saggy as time passes.

Any way , piercings are great .

:yawn:

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

The same however cannot be said of human skin, which can start to look saggy after 50-60 years, but not a lot can be done about that ?

That’s my exact point......I fact it’s far less than 50-60 years before the skin starts to sag.

Take a look at Eddie Hitlers picture above - that’s after just 15 years.......What was once a nice piece of an artistic pattern now looks like a heavy bruise that won’t fade......

• The title was changed to Sammie Szmodic's Tattoos...
  • The title was changed to Sammie Szmodics' Tattoos...
On 01/07/2019 at 10:51, maxjak said:

You just don't get it?   Tattoo inks 15 years ago were completely different......yours is a spurious observation IMHO.

Inks maybe better. But the skin doesn't change and inks still bleed into them over time. Better quality ink does not change the consistency of the skin... Added to that we are told inks are much better now. Time will tell if that is the truth or a claim as we as yet cannot comment on it.

Archived