IGNORED

Fair play to Mrs Marina Dolman

phantom

• Admin

What a lovely gesture from an amazing lady

Banner image

Marina Dolman presented Bristol City Community Trust with profits of the book “Harry Dolman: The Millionaire Inventor Who Became “Mr Bristol City”.

The book which describes how Mr Dolman rose from his humble rural roots in Wiltshire to be a multi-millionaire businessman and inventor is based on previously undiscovered hand written diaries penned by the man nicknamed ‘Mr Bristol City’ himself.

The sale of the book generated a profit of £8000, all of which has generously been donated by Marina Dolman MBE and Bristol Books to the Trust to support their work in the local community.

Marina told the Trust, “I am absolutely thrilled with the response to Harry’s book, and I am extremely pleased to be able to donate the proceeds to support the work of the Bristol City Community Trust.”

Author of the book Martin Powell commented, “It is totally appropriate that the proceeds from sales of the Harry Dolman book should go to the Bristol City Community Trust as Harry was passionate about supporting the local community.

“Keeping the memory of Harry Dolman alive and ensuring all he did for Bristol City and football in Bristol was the main motivation behind the book.”

The book by Martin Powell and Clive Burlton was published by Bristol Books. For further information please click here.

On 01/07/2019 at 17:20, REDOXO said:

Not sure. Perhaps @Marina's Rolls Royce Can help! 

Yes- take a look!

I went to my first ever match in her Rolls- I was best friends and at school with her nephew who now lives in Lancaster.

She was always and is such a dignified and considerate lady. If you met her and didn't know the BCFC connection - you just couldn't possibly imagine her being a fanatical footie fan.She is at virtually every home game and many away games.

The trusty (and sadly rusty) Rolls is still a regular in the car park on match days and is HDII.

28 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

She was always and is such a dignified and considerate lady. 

She is indeed a very dignified, considerate and delightful lady who cares about every aspect of our wonderful football club. She’s an top example of the perfect lady.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- take a look!

I went to my first ever match in her Rolls- I was best friends and at school with her nephew who now lives in Lancaster.

She was always and is such a dignified and considerate lady. If you met her and didn't know the BCFC connection - you just couldn't possibly imagine her being a fanatical footie fan.She is at virtually every home game and many away games.

The trusty (and sadly rusty) Rolls is still a regular in the car park on match days and is HDII.

You would think that she could afford to have it restored.

Archived