IGNORED

Away Kit

Unan

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do realise that the teams we might wear the black kit against are... 

Barnsley - Red seats

Brentford - Mainly Red seats (new ground also Red seats. 

Charlton - Red seats

Middlesbrough - Red seats

Forest - Red seats

Stoke - Red seats  

Barnsley - Saturday

Brentford - Wednesday 

Charlton - Thursday (but 3pm)

Middlesbrough - Monday (but 3pm)

Forest - Saturday

Stoke - Saturday

Phew, no Tuesdays at all ?

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Personally not a fan of us using black as an away kit. When you go and play away at somewhere like Ipswich on a Tuesday night the black shirts just blend in with the background so it makes you wonder if it's easy for the players to instantly see each other.

Ipswich wear blue buddy... No need to wear the black kit. 

12 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Oh, black, how orginal. It's a no from me especially after the originality of the keeper shirts. 

Not bad, just boring. 

I wouldn't mind Navy rather than black. The rugby club have red splashed all over their navy shirts and had an all red away kit so why not us have a navy away kit ?

Nothing like the the gas washed out shite

12 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really don’t like black kits personally but it’s smart enough. 

image002.jpg

But look at that picture and tell me it wouldn’t look 1000x better if the robin crest that Johnson is wearing was the actual official badge instead of the child’s copy of Brentford that we ended up with. Could have been a properly iconic logo that stood up for itself with absolutely no text, like the Forest tree or the Wolves, well, wolf. 

So close to getting it so right. 

I agree, maybe our name or BCFC added to the LJ badge subtly so it’s not overpowered,  which I think the circles in the Brentford style badge do. As you say, close to getting it very right instead of acceptable.

Nice kit, might be tempted to buy it if they do an end of season sale.

For me, the kits rank as followed:

1) GK Green

2) GK Purple

3) Away

4) Home

Pretty uninspired home shirt imo, and has to be a pretty nice design to get me to wear "DUNDER" across my torso. Will probably get whichever GK kit doesn't sell out first. 

11 hours ago, Ian M said:

Barnsley - Saturday

Brentford - Wednesday 

Charlton - Thursday (but 3pm)

Middlesbrough - Monday (but 3pm)

Forest - Saturday

Stoke - Saturday

Phew, no Tuesdays at all ?

Think you're confused.

It's Sheffield Wednesday not Brentford Wednesday.

And they play in blue and white so no issue.

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do realise that the teams we might wear the black kit against are... 

Barnsley - Red seats

Brentford - Mainly Red seats (new ground also Red seats. 

Charlton - Red seats

Middlesbrough - Red seats

Forest - Red seats

Stoke - Red seats  

Are all those games being played behind closed doors?

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No. Was just responding to his logic of playing away at teams with dark coloured seating.  

Without meaning to sound pendatic he didn’t refer to the seating, I think the issue is more that a winter crowd tends to look dark in colour, particularly in stadiums where the stands themselves aren’t illuminated during the game.

Plymouth have apparently changed the shade of green on their home strip for this very reason, to a lighter shade so the players are easier to spot.  

As for not needing to wear away kits at Ipswich, didn't we do just that in the season just gone - I'm pretty certain we wore white up there due to a clash of shorts (no red set was issued last year I don't think?)

With all the analysis LJ does, I'm sure he's considered the impact (positive or negative) of having black as an away kit.

Although at evening games I must admit, when away teams run out wearing bright (almost fluorescent) kits they always look (a) much larger and (b) easier to pick-out, as if there's more of them on the pitch!

Might be the cider affecting my eyes, but that's how it always looks to me.

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Without meaning to sound pendatic he didn’t refer to the seating, I think the issue is more that a winter crowd tends to look dark in colour, particularly in stadiums where the stands themselves aren’t illuminated during the game.

Don’t summer crowds (many of them) wear exactly the same shirts as the players on the pitch..?

Archived