IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

As said in the other thread, his source is the website goal rather than anything linked to the club or his own sources, don't believe anything Gregor is putting out atm personally.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

As said in the other thread, his source is the website goal rather than anything linked to the club or his own sources, don't believe anything Gregor is putting out atm personally.

Thanks Hodge, I hadn't read it but will now.

I'll belive it when I see it. Said it before, Kalas can easily get double what we could offer from another team in the Championship and would also be more likely to progress to the Prem than he would here. 

The realism of signing Kalas all would depend on him wanting to stay here, he's been at Chelsea for the best part of 9 years now, whoever manages to talk him into finally leaving is going to have to offer a good deal. 

He signed for Chelsea in 2010 for £6m, he's been only getting better and better, he helped Fulham get to the Prem, he's made our defence far stronger than it's been in years and realistically he could go to so many other clubs for a good wage, with some offering far more than we realistically can. 

I honestly can't see this club offering £10m which is probably his valuation right now aswell as offering a hefty wage that can compete with other clubs who will undoubtedly be following him. 

If the club could pull off a deal to make him permanent without adding a buyback clause or a hefty sell on clause I'd be genuinely amazed. 

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'll belive it when I see it. Said it before, Kalas can easily get double what we could offer from another team in the Championship and would also be more likely to progress to the Prem than he would here. 

The realism of signing Kalas all would depend on him wanting to stay here, he's been at Chelsea for the best part of 9 years now, whoever manages to talk him into finally leaving is going to have to offer a good deal. 

He signed for Chelsea in 2010 for £6m, he's been only getting better and better, he helped Fulham get to the Prem, he's made our defence far stronger than it's been in years and realistically he could go to so many other clubs for a good wage, with some offering far more than we realistically can. 

I honestly can't see this club offering £10m which is probably his valuation right now aswell as offering a hefty wage that can compete with other clubs who will undoubtedly be following him. 

If the club could pull off a deal to make him permanent without adding a buyback clause or a hefty sell on clause I'd be genuinely amazed. 

Agree with lots of that Spike.

Perhaps he finally wants to settle down.

Chelsea will’ve made money from various loan fees whilst seeing a good chunk of his wages paid.

I can see a more releastic fee of around £4-5m....just think Fulham baulking at £8-10m and loan restriction rules might bring that price down.  Might just be wishful thinking.

Wages....guess nobody knows, but:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-f.c/payroll/

suggests £23k per week, (Palmer the same), which I reckon is not gonna be far away bearing in mind he signed this deal at the start of LAST season.

We could match that wage, if not improve it a little bit, for the right player (as long as Fee not £10m either).  We would probably need to move Nathan Baker on (Assuming we want to maintain Kelly) as a compromise.

We need to finish the season strong, and prove we are the right club for him.

***Just read / rumour that supposedly Dasilva, Palmer and Kalas for £10m....that is the proverbial sandwich, crisps and coke “meal deal”***

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Chelsea will’ve made money from various loan fees whilst seeing a good chunk of his wages paid.

I can see a more releastic fee of around £4-5m....just think Fulham baulking at £8-10m and loan restriction rules might bring that price down.  Might just be wishful thinking.

suggests £23k per week, (Palmer the same), which I reckon is not gonna be far away bearing in mind he signed this deal at the start of LAST season.

We could match that wage, if not improve it a little bit, for the right player (as long as Fee not £10m either).  We would probably need to move Nathan Baker on (Assuming we want to maintain Kelly) as a compromise.

***Just read / rumour that supposedly Dasilva, Palmer and Kalas for £10m....that is the proverbial sandwich, crisps and coke “meal deal”***

I don't quite understand the repercussions of Chelsea's embargo and why it means they would need to sell on a fair number of their vast loan army. Can anyone enlighten me as to why the embargo affects their loan system, which is surely hugely profitable? 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't quite understand the repercussions of Chelsea's embargo and why it means they would need to sell on a fair number of their vast loan army. Can anyone enlighten me as to why the embargo affects their loan system, which is surely hugely profitable? 

It’s not the transfer embargo....it’s the new loan rules that restrict his many players you can gave out on loan.  The full detail of the rules is not yet known, but in worst case scenario, Chelsea would gave a huge amount if players who they can’t use, nor bring in money for, so they might need to sell.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I can't see him going for £4-5m when they signed him for £6m and that was 9 years ago, his valuation will have gone up rather than down.
I also can't see him signing a new contract on the same wages for a team a league down, if anything he'd be looking to progress, not stay the same. That said I can see how he may want stability.

That rumour of £10m for all three players can't be true unless Chelsea plan on having a clear out which I can't see happening when they've just been given a transfer embargo. If there is any truth in it we'd essentially be getting two players for free so there must be a sell on clause on each, otherwise, we'd be robbing them blind.

It puzzles me that Chelski allegedly bid £2m for Semenyo but will be forced to sell those three players for £10m due to the rule change.

Semenyo surely won't be in their main squad. So why would they want to add him to their army of squad players if they need a clear out?

Can't see how both can be right at the same time.

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

It puzzles me that Chelski allegedly bid £2m for Semenyo but will be forced to sell those three players for £10m due to the rule change.

Semenyo surely won't be in their main squad. So why would they want to add him to their army of squad players if they need a clear out?

Can't see how both can be right at the same time.

The rules for loans of u21s may be unrestricted...the full rules haven’t come out yet.

9 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Is he really likely to be in the first team squad within 2 years though? 

Who knows, but I guess they think they can increase his value in that time, so that if he doesn’t they make a profit.

If we can’t get Kalas then I hope we go for Pompey’s Matt Clarke (22 years old).

He was signed to replace Webster when he went to Ipswich and is pure class (albeit in League One). Probably as good on the ball as Webster too, likes to run with it out from the back.

On 02/03/2019 at 14:44, Jerseybean said:

My hunch is he will be at Fulham next season when they are back in Championship.

If I were him I would think Fulham showed a massive lack of trust in him by not signing him permanently, or even on loan again, once promoted to the premier league.

Hopefully he will see that settling down and enjoying his football is the way forward, if we can offer him what he wants financially.

No idea how he behaved or reacted to results (good, bad or indifferent) when he was at Fulham etc. but he looks genuinely invested in things here IMHO.

Win and he looks really happy (which you could say is obvious) but the more telling emotion is that he appears to utterly distraught if we don't win or even draw for that matter.

In my experience loan players are rarely immersed to the same degree as Kalas appears to be.

Maybe he was the same at Fulham but I'd prefer to see it as a positive with regards to our chances of keeping him (he said in hope)

On 02/03/2019 at 11:02, TonyTonyTony said:

Oh how I hate the post website. Absolute shite

The website is shit as is the standard of reporting. Sport and general news. Absolute car crash of a 'business'. 

My job would be so much easier if I could apply the Bristol Pist's standards of quali

On 04/03/2019 at 18:47, formerly known as ivan said:

If I were him I would think Fulham showed a massive lack of trust in him by not signing him permanently, or even on loan again, once promoted to the premier league.

Hopefully he will see that settling down and enjoying his football is the way forward, if we can offer him what he wants financially.

I think it was more of a case of balancing the books and they could well say to him "we're going to go for a loan with option to buy deal", works for him then, he gets a chance to go Prem if they get promoted and if they don't he can just refuse the move. 

That said Cardiff are just across the water, they'll be well aware of our players and if they come down they've certainly got the money to buy him. 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Latest from the Scottish S*n

Celtic are on the trail of £5m-rated Chelsea centre-back Tomas Kalas, who is currently on loan at Bristol City.

This is why it will be hard to sign him permanently. We may be able to afford him(would be our highest fee and wage imo). However, there will be other clubs who can match or maybe even increase his wages and offer a higher standard(champions league or europa league) of football. 

17 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

This is why it will be hard to sign him permanently. We may be able to afford him(would be our highest fee and wage imo). However, there will be other clubs who can match or maybe even increase his wages and offer a higher standard(champions league or europa league) of football. 

I would be amazed if Kalas went to Celtic.

I get the attraction of European football but with Celtic it rarely lasts beyond December.

I think the key to getting Kalas - aside from the financials - is how we finish the season, which does not nesscarily mean promotion, but having a real go good at getting the play-offs and not looking like a bunch of strangers that turned up randomly to play a game, as it looked on Saturday!

4 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I get the attraction of European football but with Celtic it rarely lasts beyond December.

I think the key to getting Kalas - aside from the financials - is how we finish the season, which does not nesscarily mean promotion, but having a real go good at getting the play-offs and not looking like a bunch of strangers that turned up randomly to play a game, as it looked on Saturday!

European football, pretty much-guaranteed league title, more money.... only way he's not going to Celtic if they're genuinely interested is if a Premier League club show interest IMO.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

European football, pretty much-guaranteed league title, more money.... only way he's not going to Celtic if they're genuinely interested is if a Premier League club show interest IMO.

How much do you know about Scottish football, serious question, asked with all respect?

More money ? Unlikely.

European football guaranteed ? Yep, Europa League group stages at best, then eliminated. Whoever  wins the SPL now has 3 qualifiers to negotiate before gaining entry to the Champions League group stage! Big ask and they start in late June / early July.

Until the co- efficient changes, which is unlikely, no player moves to Scotland with the CL in mind.

Also remember Celtic don’t actually have a FT manager currently, the last one left partly because of the factors above.

Its all paper talk, Kalas may well not join us but it won’t be because he is going to Celtic.

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

What other teams will be chasing Kalas I wonder. Can we compete with the richest championship clubs, teams with parachute payments. Wouldn't they be offering higher wages than us. I find the signing very unlikely but of course would be delighted to see him here next season. People on here thought we could sign Tammy permanently and LJ laughed when asked that question.

LJ laughed at it because Tammy signed a new contract with his parent club before his loan move to Swansea -£50k per week allegedly. On those numbers not a chance he would have come here.

But strikers tend to earn more than a CB so maybe not so off the wall as Tammy - but still unlikely.

13 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I get the impression the comments in his post-match interview are a “look boys, if you want me here next season, you’re gonna need to raise your game and your attitude....I’m a winner” type rallying call.  I have a gut feeling he wouldn’t mind committing to us, but not if we fall away from the playoffs with a whimper.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I get the impression the comments in his post-match interview are a “look boys, if you want me here next season, you’re gonna need to raise your game and your attitude....I’m a winner” type rallying call.  I have a gut feeling he wouldn’t mind committing to us, but not if we fall away from the playoffs with a whimper.

......which unfortunately is what will happen.

Archived