IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I get the impression the comments in his post-match interview are a “look boys, if you want me here next season, you’re gonna need to raise your game and your attitude....I’m a winner” type rallying call.  I have a gut feeling he wouldn’t mind committing to us, but not if we fall away from the playoffs with a whimper.

That is the impression I have as well

3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

......which unfortunately is what will happen.

That is the impression I have as well

That said if we fall away, I think we may dodge a financial bullet. I am perfectly happy going into next season with Baker, Wright, Webster, Kelly, Vyner and Moore as CB options. I’d even try my hardest to move Baker. I think there is a good pairing in there and I will keep saying it, BW is not that far off Kalas as a RCB. If we don’t sign kalas but sign a 6-7m striker on 25k a week then I’d rather go that route

35 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

As much as I love and adore Kalas. If we don't go up I wouldn't be too miffed about missing out on him.

Be nice to see Kelly actually get a shot at CB for once. Him and Webster wouldn't be too bad.

Kelly’s good on the ball but he scares me as a defender.

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

BW is not that far off Kalas as a RCB. If we don’t sign kalas but sign a 6-7m striker on 25k a week then I’d rather go that route

IMO Bailey Wright is no where near to Kalas and as a like for like replacement  would massively weaken us! 

I hope we’re working on this now and not waiting around. If Celtic are willing to offer 5 as reported, we can outbid them. Plus he’ll have lived in Bristol for a year, may prefer to stay than head to Scotland. If we’re gonna get out this League in the next few years, Kalas and Webo are the key. 

On 03/03/2019 at 23:22, TammyAB said:

If we can’t get Kalas then I hope we go for Pompey’s Matt Clarke (22 years old).

He was signed to replace Webster when he went to Ipswich and is pure class (albeit in League One). Probably as good on the ball as Webster too, likes to run with it out from the back.

Sounds like he’s played well again today.

On 11/03/2019 at 06:56, ScottishRed said:

I would be amazed if Kalas went to Celtic.

I get the attraction of European football but with Celtic it rarely lasts beyond December.

I think the key to getting Kalas - aside from the financials - is how we finish the season, which does not nesscarily mean promotion, but having a real go good at getting the play-offs and not looking like a bunch of strangers that turned up randomly to play a game, as it looked on Saturday!

With all due respect, if Kalas wants to play at a decent level and be in a competitive league then going to Celtic won’t be a good move. A poor league where Celtic are dominant with no real challenge each week

Yes, salary may be higher but I don’t think Kalas would move outside of England

5 minutes ago, WWred said:

If we sign Kalas on a permanent and keep Webster in the summer It won't matter what league we're in..!

I really do think if we keep Kalas and Webster we are one signing away from promotion - a goal scorer. 

How many rounds do Celtic have to go through to get champions league next year, they don't just qualify for the groups right? There's no guarantee of even playing champions league going there. If you're not outstanding game in game out up there you're stuck there or coming back to the championship so its not necessarily a great career move. I wouldn't be shocked to see him here next season if we're in this division again I think it'll just depend if any team in the prem wants him. If not then compared to other teams in this division he likes the way we play, he's guaranteed to start CB and we've fought for promotion this year. If then personal things like enjoying living in the area match then there's no reason to think he wouldn't want to come back again whether on a permanent or even just on loan again.

42 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Think we will still need a DM too

Wouldn’t turn down an upgrade of course, but I do think Brownhill, Smith, Pack and Walsh are enough. I reckon:

Niki

Hunt     Webo          Kalas       Jay

Smith                  Pack

Josh

Niclas                   COD

Big signing

Subs: Max, Eros, Bakes, Walsh, Andi, Fammy, Lloyd

I think they challenge. Any players I’ve missed are a mix of sell, loan and rotate. I’d keep Frankie, Bailey and Matty around as extra cover and loan out the likes of Antoine, Hakeeb, Morrell. Wrote more than I intended to here, but that’s how I feel keeping our squad with one big addition could equal a challenge, maybe even for automatic. 

Disclaimer... I may be accused of being over optimistic at times. 

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

He’s just posted on his insta his highlights this season with us.... if that means anything? 

He also changed his profile picture back from one of him on holiday to one in a BCFC training top. I'm grasping at straws here :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Sturny said:

He’s just posted on his insta his highlights this season with us.... if that means anything? 

Could be promoting himself?

Really hope we pull this one out of the bag though. As I do for Jay!

Both would be quality additions permanently.

6 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

More clutching here but maybe Lj pledging his future to the club is a major factor in any Kalas deal? ?

Even more here....LJ signed yesterday, announced today.  Kalas signed today, forgot they don’t announce it until tomorrow....will quickly revert his instragram pic until tomorrow.

Carlsberg Friday???

This is fun!

Archived