IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

4 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Yeah it is kind of insinuating that he already knows where he’s going doesn’t it 

I actually thought the opposite. Every year he's playing for a different club and genuinely has no idea where he will end up next season. I hope you're right though!

I think we at least come to the conclusion that he's trying to sign for us. He'll know that the majority of people looking at his Instagram right now are City fans, and Korey's response kind of confirms it. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen, but he seems to still want to be here.

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I actually thought the opposite. Every year he's playing for a different club and genuinely has no idea where he will end up next season. I hope you're right though!

Yeah could be read both ways. Just the optimist in me reading it how I want to see it ?

11 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Unfortunately could mean the opposite - his national team manager could see us as not a big enough standard for him to warrant a start and he may need a bigger club for more exposure.

Or it could simply reflect that Kalas isn’t quite up to international quality? He was very cruelly exposed by Sterling and Kane when he played against England..........maybe the Czech manager has simply ‘rested’ him by leaving him on the bench..........:dunno:

I feel a bit silly now telling everyone on here all season that there's no way we will sign Kalas permanently. Glad I was probably wrong the whole time. Impressive signing if we get it done.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Explain?

Do you suppose that there aren’t any Championship standard CBS out there?  

Of course there are quality CB's out there both home and abroad. What Kalas has over other signings is he is a known quantity. He knows the squad and the system we play and we know the quality he brings.

Although it's not essential we sign him he must surely be the main CB target for the club. 

15 minutes ago, Sturny said:

It might be a decision that we sign Kalas or a new striker. Hoping we can do both 

Given the big sales and the wages the pure income from said big sales has potential to free up- plus squad players still to try and shift- I'd hope it is Kalas, new striker and Da Silva of course.

CM in the right position on loan wouldn't go amiss too- cover at LB as well?

I know what you're saying though, big ticket signings etc and they can cost, but the following quote:

We can capitalise by making good decisions. Plans are in place to spend, to improve and advance. Some people might question the attitude of the summer, but I can promise you it will be bold.

First sentence agreed- sounds good.

Second sentence- all good.

Third sentence- enigmatic, or a bit at least- a promise that it will be bold, 2nd half of the sentence is excellent- but why would the attitude be questioned?

It's probably been dissected on here- why would spending, improvement and advancement as an aim, good decisions- which does sound bold- be questioned?

Archived