IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

Well today is the day. Midst all of the excitement, I've had a Staropramen with my coco pops this morning and I've been driving around London with my Czech car flag attached to the window. I've been paying for everything by cheque and have had Check Yourself by Ice Cube on loop all day. 

How are we looking @STeveOELlis?

18 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Well today is the day. Midst all of the excitement, I've had a Staropramen with my coco pops this morning and I've been driving around London with my Czech car flag attached to the window. I've been paying for everything by cheque and have had Check Yourself by Ice Cube on loop all day. 

He’s in Dubai....must’ve done all the photos and interviews pre-recorded yesterday.

76420FFE-E4BC-4209-ABD2-F2C1514E5443.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Hope you've been wearing a check suite all day Copello.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Anyone think that this deal may be scuppered with Sarri leaving Chelsea ?

And the Dasilva deal as well ?

Regardless of who their manager is their transfer ban may well have an impact on players leaving. It has gone to CAS but surprisingly they have not asked for the ban to be suspended whilst their appeal is held - apparently this can be done.

17 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

No I dont

I don't think a Chelsea manager in the last 10 years has been in charge of signings. I would however say that if FL gets the job he would want to assess ALL of the squad and has an eye for youth. 

31 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

No I dont

I don't think a Chelsea manager in the last 10 years has been in charge of signings. I would however say that if FL gets the job he would want to assess ALL of the squad and has an eye for youth. 

Fair point and if that happens, I would say that he's more likely to keep young ones like Dasilva and the centre half who he had on loan at Derby than a 25/26 year old Kalas.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

A new manager aren’t going to want them for the first team, so i highly doubt it 

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

A new manager aren’t going to want them for the first team, so i highly doubt it 

Not even Lampard?? A guy who’ll know about DaSilva from his time at Derby, a guy who gave youth a chance at Derby. I think our chances of getting Kalas are strong, but I do have my worries about the DaSilva deal falling through if Frank gets the job, and if Jay has a good Euros. Pretty sure the Chelsea mob weren’t particularly impressed with their LB’s last season too, especially Alonso who seems to have gone massively downhill.  

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

76420FFE-E4BC-4209-ABD2-F2C1514E5443.jpeg

What a weird photo. He appears to be with a pound shop David Luiz, and photobombing some couples honeymoon memories.

(I don't think that's a sign by the way, was just saying. Pretty sure we will need to get this thread to 50 pages before the club will sanction a signing).

Strangely, out of the 3, Palmer is the one that I find the most exciting.

We know Kalas is the dogs gonads alongside Webenbauer and we know how good JDS is alongside them but Kasey has one hell of a lot of talent, probably a better footballer, but hasn't found how to u thtiliseat talent to its' full effect yet. Under LJ, he might just turn out to be the best of all 3.

My only concern is that we are. supposedly after Smodicz (sp) and Turnbull who play in the same role suggesting we aren't after Kasey.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Strangely, out of the 3, Palmer is the one that I find the most exciting.

We know Kalas is the dogs gonads alongside Webenbauer and we know how good JDS is alongside them but Kasey has one hell of a lot of talent, probably a better footballer, but hasn't found how to u thtiliseat talent to its' full effect yet. Under LJ, he might just turn out to be the best of all 3.

My only concern is that we are. supposedly after Smodicz (sp) and Turnbull who play in the same role suggesting we aren't after Kasey.

You could be right, or it might be that LJ is after a couple of players for key positions given the reputation we have for getting tired after Christmas. We dont seem to have the squad depth (and possibly quality in LJs eyes) in key roles and end up playing people out of position sometimes. Who knows though.

Without being overly negative I dont think any of them will be with us come September. As for Kalas I can see him going to a champions league club in Europe.....ala Magnússon. I dont get the impression Palmer sees his future with us after being bit part...mand surely the pull of Lampard, who lives DaSilva may turn the players head.

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

You could be right, or it might be that LJ is after a couple of players for key positions given the reputation we have for getting tired after Christmas. We dont seem to have the squad depth (and possibly quality in LJs eyes) in key roles and end up playing people out of position sometimes. Who knows though.

I think the 3 subs on a match day are also crucial and at times LJ has not had the attacking options at his disposal to really impact a game the way he wants. There were to be fair a few games last season where he made some great calls and we managed to scrape a win or change things tactically but I just reckon he wants a bit more power and attacking intent to close games out rather than hang on to a single goal lead

39 minutes ago, Lez said:

Without being overly negative I dont think any of them will be with us come September. As for Kalas I can see him going to a champions league club in Europe.....ala Magnússon. I dont get the impression Palmer sees his future with us after being bit part...mand surely the pull of Lampard, who lives DaSilva may turn the players head.

I think you are being overly negative!

7 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Not even Lampard?? A guy who’ll know about DaSilva from his time at Derby, a guy who gave youth a chance at Derby. I think our chances of getting Kalas are strong, but I do have my worries about the DaSilva deal falling through if Frank gets the job, and if Jay has a good Euros. Pretty sure the Chelsea mob weren’t particularly impressed with their LB’s last season too, especially Alonso who seems to have gone massively downhill.  

He’ll be wanting to win the league from the off. Will a small youngster like dasilva help him to that 

7 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Aye. I am pretty sure Kalas’ time at Chelsea is done but they lack left backs and can easily see JDS feeling he had a chance to make an impact. I am optimistic we have a decent chance of signing all three but he is the one I am least confident on...

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Aye. I am pretty sure Kalas’ time at Chelsea is done but they lack left backs and can easily see JDS feeling he had a chance to make an impact. I am optimistic we have a decent chance of signing all three but he is the one I am least confident on...

And JDS is probably the one we most need. We certainly need 2 LBs from somewhere.  

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This is it. I struggle to believe we are sat around waiting for him to decide what he wants to do, but it would be a massive worry if we were...

Personally I think he has signed, either permanently or on loan for another season, and we`re waiting (at his request possibly) to announce it after his international tournament is over.

The wish may well be father to the thought though!

Archived