IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Personally I think he has signed, either permanently or on loan for another season, and we`re waiting (at his request possibly) to announce it after his international tournament is over.

The wish may well be father to the thought though!

I may have said this already in the thread but I think, whatever the decision is, we know (or at least know what it is likely to be even if it is not finalised). The club seem relaxed enough at the moment for me to think it is more likely he is signing than is not but I think there is more certainty either way than is publicly being acknowledged.

Any reason why Kalas wouldn’t have wanted to stay with Middlesbrough or Fulham after he won promotion with both of them whilst on loan? Chelsea could have insisted he didn’t play against them whilst on loan in the premier league - just interested if anyone knows why this didn’t happen and he didn’t stay with clubs with whom he achieved promotion from the championship?

After all, he achieved more with those two clubs than he has with us, yet some on here seem convinced he’ll want to stay with Bristol City.

Obviously I hope he signs for us but I’m genuinely interested as to why he didn’t pursue his career with the two clubs where he was more successful ...

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Any reason why Kalas wouldn’t have wanted to stay with Middlesbrough or Fulham after he won promotion with both of them whilst on loan? Chelsea could have insisted he didn’t play against them whilst on loan in the premier league - just interested if anyone knows why this didn’t happen and he didn’t stay with clubs with whom he achieved promotion from the championship?

After all, he achieved more with those two clubs than he has with us, yet some on here seem convinced he’ll want to stay with Bristol City.

Obviously I hope he signs for us but I’m genuinely interested as to why he didn’t pursue his career with the two clubs where he was more successful ...

Cuz I expect they didn't try and buy him or loan him again 

24 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

They didn't think he was prem standard?

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Cuz I expect they didn't try and buy him or loan him again 

Ok, fair enough, so Fulham and Boro didn’t rate him and didn’t think he was prem standard, yet he won promotion from the championship with those clubs - and they thought the majority of their other players were prem standard - can’t see why he wouldn’t have stood out given what I’ve witnessesd when he’s worn a Bristol City shirt ...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, fair enough, so Fulham and Boro didn’t rate him and didn’t think he was prem standard, yet he won promotion from the championship with those clubs - and they thought the majority of their other players were prem standard - can’t see why he wouldn’t have stood out given what I’ve witnessesd when he’s worn a Bristol City shirt ...

He couldnt get in the Fulham side. And players improve. He's probably much better now than he was at Boro.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that’s bollox - he played 76 games for Fulham in two seasons ....

Could not get in when Fulham were flying at the end of the season

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

He’ll be wanting to win the league from the off. Will a small youngster like dasilva help him to that 

'If' Lampard gets the job, he's not stupid and will know that the club has a transfer ban for starters, and also that it will be a whole re-building process over a few seasons before Chelsea can realistically challenge Man City & Liverpool for the title. I think Chelsea fans are getting fed up with some of their foreign imports, and would much rather see their team field players like Tammy, Hudson, RLC, and maybe even DaSilva & Reece James. Or at least have them in the first team squad....

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The constraints around players out on loan weren't around then so Chelsea were free to demand whatever fee they wanted for him. They make a fair wedge off loan fees so didn't need to sell. The new loan constraints mean Chelsea NEED to start shipping out players that won't make the first team, i.e. Kalas. 

I think both would've wanted him at their respective clubs fwiw.

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He was injured for a part of that season and was coming back from the injury towards the end of the season tbf;

http his://www.transfermarkt.com/tomas-kalas/leistungsdaten/spieler/148657/plus/0?saison=2017

He was only out for 4 games. He couldn't get back in as he was not playing as well as the other 2 Fulham centre backs. So the point I'm making is that's probably the reason they didn't sign him after they went up.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He played in the play off final at Wembley ...

Yes. For 13 minutes off the bench

8 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

'If' Lampard gets the job, he's not stupid and will know that the club has a transfer ban for starters, and also that it will be a whole re-building process over a few seasons before Chelsea can realistically challenge Man City & Liverpool for the title. I think Chelsea fans are getting fed up with some of their foreign imports, and would much rather see their team field players like Tammy, Hudson, RLC, and maybe even DaSilva & Reece James. Or at least have them in the first team squad....

You can’t blame the Chelsea fans after all , they only won the UEFA cup finished third in the Prem.

Bloody rubbish foreign players.

:disapointed2se:

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My only thoughts are the value Chelsea put in him. £8-10m rumoured last summer, which when you look at the money they did spend might well have been money well spent!  The 2 years prior, I suspect Chelsea may still have wanted him to stay, plus Boro had played him a RB...and he doesn’t want to play that position. 

Even so, you might think other clubs in the Prem might’ve been interested. 

10 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He couldnt get in the Fulham side. And players improve. He's probably much better now than he was at Boro.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that’s bollox - he played 76 games for Fulham in two seasons ....

In the back half of 17/18, Dennis Odoi came in as a small, passing CB and Kalas was no longer the preferred partner to Ream. Perhaps £8-10m on a player who’s no longer first choice was seen as overspend. Perhaps they had already targeted Mawson and had no need for another CB?

I don’t buy he’s not Prem class.  If you compared.him to Ryan Bennett at Wolves,most people would think he’d have got torn apart in the Prem but he’s looked really solid. 

I really hope we get this guy. 

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My only thoughts are the value Chelsea put in him. £8-10m rumoured last summer, which when you look at the money they did spend might well have been money well spent!  The 2 years prior, I suspect Chelsea may still have wanted him to stay, plus Boro had played him a RB...and he doesn’t want to play that position. 

Even so, you might think other clubs in the Prem might’ve been interested. 

In the back half of 17/18, Dennis Odoi came in as a small, passing CB and Kalas was no longer the preferred partner to Ream. Perhaps £8-10m on a player who’s no longer first choice was seen as overspend. Perhaps they had already targeted Mawson and had no need for another CB?

I don’t buy he’s not Prem class.  If you compared.him to Ryan Bennett at Wolves,most people would think he’d have got torn apart in the Prem but he’s looked really solid. 

I really hope we get this guy. 

Exactly. You'd have thought the general feeling from Fulham would be we don't desperately need a centre back who can't get in our starting 11. Not saying he would not make a decent prem player, but that's probably the thinking behind Fulham not buying him. 

Also no other prem club has bought him yet either. And if we get him then there's surely no way we've beaten prem clubs to his signature.

I thought he did struggle a lot more than Webster against Wolves. And then the Czech game against Harry Kane. It might well put prem teams off. No doubting his ability at our level though, top level championship defender.

It wasn’t his best game against Wolves, but we lost the midfield battle in the first 45...and with Raul’s clever movement and their midfielders breaking the lines it was uncomfortable for all our players. Wouldn’t single Kalas out per se.  

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You can’t blame the Chelsea fans after all , they only won the UEFA cup finished third in the Prem.

Bloody rubbish foreign players.

:disapointed2se:

Haha, I did say 'some' of their foreign imports. The signing of Higuian wasn't exactly welcomed, and I know lots would rather see Tammy given a go rather than that overweight mercenary. Plus the signings of Kovacic, Jorginho, Emerson, Zappacosta and Pedro etc haven't exactly set the world alight. Sarri was very stubborn over playing the English trio in RLC, Barkley and Hudson O. Without Hazard they'll be massively in the s*** next season IMO. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It wasn’t his best game against Wolves, but we lost the midfield battle in the first 45...and with Raul’s clever movement and their midfielders breaking the lines it was uncomfortable for all our players. Wouldn’t single Kalas out per se.  

They also targeted DaSilva that day.

Lots of raking diagonal passes into the area behind him.

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They also targeted DaSilva that day.

Lots of raking diagonal passes into the area behind him.

They did not target DaSilva as that is their normal tactic. 

Lee Johnson did his Pro licence with the Wolves manager and commented on this! 

1 hour ago, redsapper said:

They did not target DaSilva as that is their normal tactic. 

Lee Johnson did his Pro licence with the Wolves manager and commented on this! 

They targeted our left hand side.

They played many more of those balls on our left than on our right.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

They targeted our left hand side.

They played many more of those balls on our left than on our right.

That’s just how they play. If you’ve watched any wolves games this season you’d realise. Part of the reason why Doherty was praised so much. 

So after the Rangers reports were rubbished and now I've read we're waiting for Chelsea to sort out their plans I'm wondering when /if this is happening. I'm sure I read Kalas is still on holiday but how long are we going to wait before we start making moves? 

Before anyone misunderstands, I'm not panicking, but I am curious if we have a time limit set in which LJ wants to get his business done so we can start training?

Aren't we doing a preseason tour too? I'd imagine the sooner business is done the better for the tour. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

So after the Rangers reports were rubbished and now I've read we're waiting for Chelsea to sort out their plans I'm wondering when /if this is happening. I'm sure I read Kalas is still on holiday but how long are we going to wait before we start making moves? 

Before anyone misunderstands, I'm not panicking, but I am curious if we have a time limit set in which LJ wants to get his business done so we can start training?

Aren't we doing a preseason tour too? I'd imagine the sooner business is done the better for the tour. 

Dasilva is away with England and won’t make any decisions until he’s back. Possibly even until the managerial set up at Chelsea is confirmed. 

Kalas is on holiday and considering his options. 

We’d all like to know quickly, either way.... but we just have to see what happens. 

The transfer window won’t start getting very active before players return to training in early July anyway. 

48 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Dom Shawcross has tweeted we are leading the race to sign Kalas, fee around £5m.

I don’t believe he is a real journo (as he previously had on his twitter profile), and I understand his old twitter photo (now changed) is of someone else.  Pretty sure someone did a google image search and proved it wasn’t him.

But there is sometimes fact in his stuff.  He appears to be a Fulham fan with keen interest in Chelsea....which is a nice coincidence with Kalas!

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t believe he is a real journo (as he previously had on his twitter profile), and I understand his old twitter photo (now changed) is of someone else.  Pretty sure someone did a google image search and proved it wasn’t him.

But there is sometimes fact in his stuff.  He appears to be a Fulham fan with keen interest in Chelsea....which is a nice coincidence with Kalas!

His is a name I see crop up fairly often when it comes to rumours.

Did see this by him from last year.

As you can see, both Payne to Rovers and DaSilva to us covered."

However not everything he has said about has happened (there's one about is and Barnsley looking at a goalkeeper a couple of months ago). That said, a lack of anything since doesn't mean what was said isn't true.

*Watch me go and double check when those signings were and see he tweeted about them after they were officially announced

Screenshot_20190620-010152.png

Edit- both DaSilva and Payne were announced on the 9th of August, same day he tweeted about them. Can't check times so hard to tell.

Hemed to QPR also happened didn't it? But same issue with dates.

Archived