IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

10 minutes ago, screech said:

Great news if true, BUT we are only standing still with these signings, we were just short last year with these two in the side so we still need to go some to improve the team. 

We took time to settle last season. Webster very shaky first 5. Kalas came in after the first couple games. Fam had his suspension then reintegration. Relatively young squad is a year older, stronger and experienced. 

So I’d say we are stronger if Kalas is indeed done of you compare game 1 last season to game 1 this upcoming season. 

Still think we need another option in midfield, up front and keeper for sure but if those come later in the window it won’t be a disaster. 

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

The wages....It is the combined package that counts. Still good transfer moves though. Kalas as it gives stability (not sure why no one tried to take him to the Prem), DaSIlva who could shine brightly and sell on for a big fee, or Palmer who could set the world alight, if he wants to. I like all 3 . Now to build , as those three were here last season. It is the forwards (term used loosely ) where we need some magic, we could not get the ball in the net. That will determine if we can improve on last season. Much to happen yet methinks. 

Szmodics and new striker signing will help massively. 

5 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Outstanding signings so far dasilva kalas hopefully bentley szmodics palmer and a quality striker cannot wait for the season to start sellout crowd v leeds in the sunshine loving absouletly loving it lj out

Can’t see why we’d need Szmodics and Palmer.

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Can’t see why we’d need Szmodics and Palmer.

Because we need more options going forward, we need another option to unlock the stacked defences that we faced last season. That was blatantly obvious against the teams that came & sat back (Bolton, Ipswich, Millwall etc).

39 minutes ago, screech said:

Great news if true, BUT we are only standing still with these signings, we were just short last year with these two in the side so we still need to go some to improve the team. 

The voice of reason amongst the euphoria of a potential, yet to be confirmed, signing. 

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Any idea how big the czech we had to sign to get him was?

Gregor McGregor reporting record signing and highest paid player. Think the current record is unclear: maybe Diedhiou at >5m but I think I read Webster could top out at 8m if all the add-ons get triggered. Anyway, nearer 10m than 5m I'd wager.

Archived