IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

31 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It is big money for us, with our low 20's M income. We not even signed a midfield genius or forward yet ... The Wolves approach is not so bad, as if you fail you do have players of value to trade . Agree that Baker would be on the way out, but I am sure they need 2 back up CB, one is Wright , will have to see if they think Vyner can do it yet. If not I can see them needing Baker . Our wage bill is going to be pretty spectacular 19/20 . Can still see Watkins, Taylor and of course O’Dowda leaving yet, possibly , of course Webster. Money aside, Kalas and DaSilva are two very good players for us to have. 

The likely profit once profit on transfers accounted for in 2018/19 gives us scope moving forward- but we do need to keep the big 2017/18 loss in mind of course.

Wage bill will push up, but Fielding and Pisano off it- just so long as our rolling 3 year losses under £39m 3 yearly plus whatever we spend on academy etc I'm happy. Don't care if it's within £1.

Baker and Watkins out yeah. Taylor I'm in 2 minds on cost/value vs useful squad player or not good enough- O'Dowda surely to be sold on, helps to offset a bit of it.

Webster? No chance- surely not this summer. I trust SL, MA and LJ implicitly with the finances- we won't I'm convinced fall foul of FFP while they're in charge.

5 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

I think I might lose my job today as my boss keeps looking up and seeing me refreshing this page....

Kalas better earn enough to cover both our lavish lifestyles as I blame this teasing firmly on him ?

Anyone got any jobs going in advance?

You could Shampoo Darrell Clarke's Dog.

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

It is for player that has been in a few promoted sides who then decided not to take him to the Prem. Don't get me wrong, I really like him a lot , at this level a very good player to have. But that is a lot of money for us for a defender. I look forward to seeing who we sign for midfield and up front now ! Our first 10M signing must be arriving very soon. 

What difference does the position make? Goal keepers are going for well over £50m now, Wan Bissaka (a right back) just went for £50m.

The transfer market has gone loopy regardless of what position you are signing & we’ve probably been behind the times when it’s come to our record fee paid, when you consider the clubs we were competing with since we got back into the championship but now we have progressed as a club & are realistically expecting to challenge in the next bracket up in the league & as part of that we have to sign a better caliber of player & that goes hand in hand with having to pay higher fees & higher wages.

Kalas proved what a good player he was during his loan last season, it is a pretty risk free deal (once it’s confirmed), he knows the club, the area, most of the players & staff. There shouldn’t be any settling in period.

And the signing of Kalas & DaSilva alone could have a big impact on what other players are coming in, why has Kalas, someone with his experience, decided that we were the right club for him to move to permanently & why has a current England U21 international decided to give up what he had at Chelsea to join us permanently? Again after a loan spell. We must be doing something right as a club to attract these players & it could potentially have a positive influence on any other Chelsea players we might be looking at (either on loan or permanently) as I’d assume that Kalas & DaSilva would only have positive things to say about the club.

£7m as a record fee isn’t big, compared to other clubs at our level but we are heading in the right direction to now start attracting that higher caliber of player & in keeping our prized assets at where they are.

We have become a lot more savvy as a football club, in just about everything we do.

20 minutes ago, Judda said:

So was all that hype about Kalas signing all because we signed SS and we got confused?!? Or is it happening still...

Who knows.

Apparently the ITKs are wrong and the Post is wrong.

I think people are now learning that until its on an official site it aint happening.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Who knows.

Apparently the ITKs are wrong and the Post is wrong.

I think people are now learning that until its on an official site it aint happening.

I'm easily confused so probably best to wait for official site but some ITKs are pretty reliable..

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

KitR said it’s 100% so it’s happening. 

I don't doubt its happening as it is all over social media - no secret there.

What I doubt is the ITKs (and I include Gregor) have absolutely no idea when.

I saw imminent about 10 hours ago...

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Some are just so impatient. Do they open their presents before Christmas Day?

They should chill, enjoy the sun and the rare feeling of supporting a team where things are heading in the right direction.

Kalas will sign; maybe today, tomorrow or next week. Happy days!

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

If it was signed sealed and delivered then what’s the hold up in announcing it,just be my luck they will announce tomorrow when I’m cutting the grass and I will lob my toe off in the excitement 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If it was signed sealed and delivered then what’s the hold up in announcing it,just be my luck they will announce tomorrow when I’m cutting the grass and I will lob my toe off in the excitement 

As long as it's only  your toe you lop off! :shocking:

52 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

International clearance apparently 

Archived