IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Danny Baker says in his book that of all the bands he followed on tour for the NME they were the best laugh and got up to the most outrageous stuff.

Didn't he spend a night in the cells with them after one particularly adventurous after gig party?

On 29/06/2019 at 18:25, cidered abroad said:

He'll probably fly over. Takes two hours at most.

On Instagram he's just driven it, according to Google its a 14 hour drive ?

Nice timing for a Monday announcement though :ph34r:

And on that day I was thinking, if at the end of last season, you were asked whether you'd prefer to bring Kalas in and sell Webster or not be able to get Kalas back and keep Webster which would you go for? I think I'd have preferred to get Kalas and lose Webster. He just seems to be more crucial in keeping our defence tight for me. Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

And on that day I was thinking, if at the end of last season, you were asked whether you'd prefer to bring Kalas in and sell Webster or not be able to get Kalas back and keep Webster which would you go for? I think I'd have preferred to get Kalas and lose Webster. He just seems to be more crucial in keeping our defence tight for me. Thoughts?

Money talks,,and with a possible differential of as much as 22mil .......

36 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Other way around for me. I'm not totally convinced by Kalas and we'll see how he does without Webster. At rumoured £8m, highest wages ever and little chance of returning a profit given his age, I do wonder if we are doing the right thing with this signing. Hope to be wrong.

49 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I think Kalas probably shades the pair on defensive duties and Webster is streets ahead in playing out from the back. Body on the line wise I think you’ll do well to beat Kalas. 

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Other way around for me. I'm not totally convinced by Kalas and we'll see how he does without Webster. At rumoured £8m, highest wages ever and little chance of returning a profit given his age, I do wonder if we are doing the right thing with this signing. Hope to be wrong.

Whilst I agree with you In that I think Webster is the more complete defender out of the two, little chance of returning profit is wrong imo, he has only just turned 26, so may not hit his peak for another 18 months, plenty of time for him to develop further and be a 10-15 + defender

Archived