IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

36 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It would certainly be the most paid by a Bristol-based Championship side. Oh hang on though. How much did Rovers pay for Tillson?

I just checked and Rovers have only spent over £100k on a player once in that last ten years and that was £150k on Sercombe. Tilson was £400k according to Transfermarkt which must have been a hefty fee back in 1992.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Other way around for me. I'm not totally convinced by Kalas and we'll see how he does without Webster. At rumoured £8m, highest wages ever and little chance of returning a profit given his age, I do wonder if we are doing the right thing with this signing. Hope to be wrong.

Villa will offer us three times that next summer so no worries. 

4 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Every time I look at these transfer threads, I see a load of people hanging off social media and players’ Twitter/Instagram accounts. It’s actually really sad. Can’t people just be patient and let players enjoy their down time?

It's the players' choice to have publicly open social media accounts. 

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Every time I look at these transfer threads, I see a load of people hanging off social media and players’ Twitter/Instagram accounts. It’s actually really sad. Can’t people just be patient and let players enjoy their down time?

I agree. There was a time when “having a stalker” was far more innocent. Or embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I think Kalas probably shades the pair on defensive duties and Webster is streets ahead in playing out from the back. Body on the line wise I think you’ll do well to beat Kalas. 

Completely agree Fordy.

For me last season, Kalas was the ultimate defender at the club; and others improved playing alongside him (including Webster).

Can completely see why Webster gets the plaudits though, as his overall stats are so impressive. As i remember it was usually Kalas as the last man/covering defender 80% of the time through his reading of the game.

He did try at times to copy what Webster did with the dribbling/passing out from the back; but you could see that wasn't playing to his strengths.

17 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Completely agree Fordy.

For me last season, Kalas was the ultimate defender at the club; and others improved playing alongside him (including Webster).

Can completely see why Webster gets the plaudits though, as his overall stats are so impressive. As i remember it was usually Kalas as the last man/covering defender 80% of the time through his reading of the game.

He did try at times to copy what Webster did with the dribbling/passing out from the back; but you could see that wasn't playing to his strengths.

That's a good point ncnsbcfc. 

You can see that Webster has the ball playing ability that top clubs will be looking for and is at an age that he can improve still further. However, our priority is a solid defence and I think a decent A.N. Other alongside Kalas will keep us more solid that would the same A.N. Other alongside Webster.

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's a good point ncnsbcfc. 

You can see that Webster has the ball playing ability that top clubs will be looking for and is at an age that he can improve still further. However, our priority is a solid defence and I think a decent A.N. Other alongside Kalas will keep us more solid that would the same A.N. Other alongside Webster.

Be careful not to mention A N Other too much, there may be a Vile-er fan running back and telling everyone they ought to sign this A N Other defender. 

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Be careful not to mention A N Other too much, there may be a Vile-er fan running back and telling everyone they ought to sign this A N Other defender. 

Too late - they've already offered £12m for him thinking he will be a cheaper option than Webster!

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I am in the know and can confirm that City have offered £8M to buy Andrew Nigel Other. Set to be revealed on wednesday. 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think Kalas probably shades the pair on defensive duties and Webster is streets ahead in playing out from the back. Body on the line wise I think you’ll do well to beat Kalas. 

I think if we didn’t have Webster, most people would think Kalas was a very decent footballing CB too.  Just Webster makes him look average.  I would quite like a Hector or Moore alongside him.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's not £8m it's £7m

£7m is going into my spreadsheet. And to keep it tidy....

What do you reckon / know we paid for Bentley - £4m?

And was Dasilva the £2m often rumoured?

Ta

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think if we didn’t have Webster, most people would think Kalas was a very decent footballing CB too.  Just Webster makes him look average.  I would quite like a Hector or Moore alongside him.

Ta

Seems like Bentley was anywhere from 2-4 million.

Year left on his contract makes me suspect it's closer to 2 million!

27 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I can confirm that I’m two hours ahead of you all and not heard anything. So you’ve got two hours at least before any announcements, so enjoy your dinner breaks. 

I'm 8.5 hrs ahead & still nothing.

Not good enough ?

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta

Don't know about Bentley...

DaSilva was £2m despite his agent trying to renegotiate the deal at the end of the season and get £4m...

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta

So Kelly = Kallas, + Bentley, + DaSilva

Net spend = 0

Good dealing

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I can confirm that I’m two hours ahead of you all and not heard anything. So you’ve got two hours at least before any announcements, so enjoy your dinner breaks. 

I can confirm that here in the Lincolnshire Fens its  about 10 years behind everyone else, so it will be at least a decade before I hear anything!

Archived