IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I can confirm that here in the Lincolnshire Fens its  about 10 years behind everyone else, so it will be at least a decade before I hear anything!

Good news about Evander Sno and Alvaro Saborio. Can't wait to see how they get on. 

41 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

So Kelly = Kallas, + Bentley, + DaSilva

Net spend = 0

Good dealing

32 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

43 league appearances = (202+264+76) league appearances

43 league appearances = 542 league appearances

You may as well chuck a Szmod in there n all

41 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

So Kelly = Kallas, + Bentley, + DaSilva

Net spend = 0

Good dealing

Is good dealing and KITR has said Kelly is 15m up front. Add in Eisa and we are still up 3.5m roughly. I know they were here on loan last season(Kalas and Dasilva) but that is probably 40k a week plus Bentley will be at least 15k(educated guess). While Kelly and Eisa would have been 20k tops. Means we are spending 35k more a season for 4 years. Which is about 7m over that time. So it does take away from our profit too. Which is why selling Webster will likely happen if we get offered low 20s up front for him

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Oh dear. A testing few seasons ahead for you.

Im just glad that Johnson is still in charge after losing the play off final. :whistle:

8 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Good news about Evander Sno and Alvaro Saborio. Can't wait to see how they get on. 

Im still waiting to hear whether Ive got tickets for the Wembley play off final!

31 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Wonder if everyone is going to be shocked with the Manure bid for Watkins? Don’t tell anyone yet let’s wait for them to catch up. 

They've said they won't accept anything less than £1m to take him.

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Is good dealing and KITR has said Kelly is 15m up front. Add in Eisa and we are still up 3.5m roughly. I know they were here on loan last season(Kalas and Dasilva) but that is probably 40k a week plus Bentley will be at least 15k(educated guess). While Kelly and Eisa would have been 20k tops. Means we are spending 35k more a season for 4 years. Which is about 7m over that time. So it does take away from our profit too. Which is why selling Webster will likely happen if we get offered low 20s up front for him

But when we sell those 3 to Villa next year Steve will be able to buy out Peter. 

29 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I can confirm that here in the Lincolnshire Fens its  about 10 years behind everyone else, so it will be at least a decade before I hear anything!

You'll be up to speed with the gas then.

2 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

You’re going to love 2015 ?

Up here they are just coming to terms with the news of the sinking of the Lusitania in 1915.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wonder if his son has considered a job as a manager when he retires from football?

That's still a way off though.

Having said that, given the way many fans see him as a City player I doubt he'd ever come here as a manager given the reception he'd likely receive.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's still a way off though.

Having said that, given the way many fans see him as a City player I doubt he'd ever come here as a manager given the reception he'd likely receive.

I reckon some would boo if he was appointed.

Not at Lee of course, but at the appointment of him.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I reckon some would boo if he was appointed.

Not at Lee of course, but at the appointment of him.

I know it's academic, but I can't imagine City fans behaving badly in such a way. 

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Jeez this is boring..........are they taking the piss or what ?

He literally just got back from holiday last night, didnt he?

He was probably sleeping off that jetlag this morning before coming down to Bristol this PM / tomorrow morning to "cross the T's and dot I's"

That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Just waiting for Villa to put in a £70m bid for him.

Seriously though, why haven’t Villa been in for Kalas?  Did John Terry have something to do with it....you could take that whichever way you like!!!

Far cheaper option than Webster.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously though, why haven’t Villa been in for Kalas?  Did John Terry have something to do with it....you could take that whichever way you like!!!

Far cheaper option than Webster.

Webster is about 10x more comfortable bringing the ball out (not to knock Kalas at all), so probably fits Dean Smith's style more.

16 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Spoiler alert but GJ got to meet, albeit briefly, with that guy who called him a "Championship Manager". Didn't end well.

Knew that already Rudolph - Fenland is not that far behind.

Mind you, even in the Fens they knew that guy called GJ a "conference manager" :whistle: 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Webster is about 10x more comfortable bringing the ball out (not to knock Kalas at all), so probably fits Dean Smith's style more.

He does indeed, but will be keen to see how much Villa are allowed to play next season, or when naivety at the back costs them goals and Smith needs a re-think.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It's interesting, because it appeared that at Fulham Kalas was indeed something of a ball-playing CB?

Now while I appreciate that Fulham's passing stats right through the team likely were through the roof, I wonder how much of relative restraint of Kalas- and Webster certainly more technically adept, absolutely more technically adventurous, is down to his instructions. Always had a feeling he has a bit more to give technically and to an extent bringing it out- no Webster of course.

Archived