IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's interesting, because it appeared that at Fulham Kalas was indeed something of a ball-playing CB?

Now while I appreciate that Fulham's passing stats right through the team likely were through the roof, I wonder how much of relative restraint of Kalas- and Webster certainly more technically adept, absolutely more technically adventurous, is down to his instructions. Always had a feeling he has a bit more to give technically and to an extent bringing it out- no Webster of course.

The  season before we were so fragile defensively and gave away so many goals in the second half to throw away games.

In light of this, it is more than likely that last season's main priority was to be solid defensively and that playing/brining  the ball out of defence was a secondary concern and I doubt that LJ wanted to see both centre backs galloping upfield and  leaving us stretched at the back.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He does indeed, but will be keen to see how much Villa are allowed to play next season, or when naivety at the back costs them goals and Smith needs a re-think.

As long as the players are comfortable doing it I don't see it being an issue.

Look at out games against the Manchester sides.

Yes we were camped in our half quite a bit in the ones against Manchester Blue, but we still played our game and as a result we made it bloody difficult for them. Other teams in the Prem would play a particular way against most sides, then face one of the top few and purely defend, often resulting in an absolute hammering, in part down to the fact they abandoned their style of play and went for damage limitation from kick off.

22 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

He literally just got back from holiday last night, didnt he?

He was probably sleeping off that jetlag this morning before coming down to Bristol this PM / tomorrow morning to "cross the T's and dot I's"

That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

According to his Insta account, he drove back from Prague!!

Would love for Webster to do a 'Joe Bryan' X 10.

Head up there for talks, do the photo shoot, and then remember that he 'left' something in the hotel; before wheel spinning out of there and back down the M5 with a '**** Villa' flag attached to his car roof, and the Wurzels blasting out full pelt. 

21 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I hope that I'm wrong but I have a nasty feeling that they might be delaying the announcement of Kalas until after the sale of Webster. 

Superjack,you’re a complete B******.?

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Or maybe 5pm?

So apart from a few people who claim to be in the know, has anyone actually got any evidence that this is indeed happening?

i could pull transfer fees and announcement dates out of the air, knowing no one on here can disprove it. If kalas is in prague watching darts would he really prioritise that over sealing a multi million pound transfer and contract?

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

So apart from a few people who claim to be in the know, has anyone actually got any evidence that this is indeed happening?

i could pull transfer fees and announcement dates out of the air, knowing no one on here can disprove it. If kalas is in prague watching darts would he really prioritise that over sealing a multi million pound transfer and contract?

He was on extended holiday due to involvement with euro qualifiers. He was back from holiday on Sunday.

the main contractual agreement is suggested to have been completed weeks ago.

the club were clearly comfortable with him coming back this week to seal the deal

Archived