IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fantastic news. Well done to the City team for getting him.  With the other signings, this surely signifies a genuine push for promotion.

A centre forward will be the icing on the cake for me and I understand that one is imminent.

Any details?

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Only thing that would have made it better, would have been Kalas on a plastic garden chair, holding a scarf on a diagonal.

That would have been a real statement of intent....

Pretty sure that’s what the Gash did with Mark Little on top of their gazebo.

Brilliant signing and bargain business compared to what we took for Kelly. 

Let's not conflate with Webster. Should he go for £20m or so, well he'd be a massive loss but business of that order one can't turn down.

If you went back to the 15/16 season and you said within a few seasons we'll be buying a CB for £7m, I'd be worried about the sustainability of the club. To fund this transfer from organic growth is everything Steve Lansdown has been trying to achieve. To think that we may have a further £25m in the war-chest later this week is also very exciting*. We're growing into a fantastic football club and the future is very exciting!

*It would be devastating to lose Webster but £25m is a hell of a lot to invest in the wider squad. 

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

If you went back to the 15/16 season and you said within a few seasons we'll be buying a CB for £7m, I'd be worried about the sustainability of the club. To fund this transfer from organic growth is everything Steve Lansdown has been trying to achieve. To think that we may have a further £25m in the war-chest later this week is also very exciting*. We're growing into a fantastic football club and the future is very exciting!

*It would be devastating to lose Webster but £25m is a hell of a lot to invest in the wider squad. 

I totally agree, I would never of seen a City defender going for £12-15million and another being quoted in the £30 million bracket. The times  they are a changing.

8 minutes ago, Coppello said:

8m innit.....

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You just know that the 15ers will show off their next signing sat on top of a tent. 

Great minds 

58 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Probably Adam Webster's replacement ?

? not aimed at you. ?

If we are after Hector, Moore or that type I'll console myself. ?

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

8m innit.....

Excellent news and for me the most important..... Leader and Warrior. I'm hoping will see an Arsenal addition onloan very soon to add some much needed pace and fire power up top and that leaves some decent coffers for a quality CM.... 

Archived