IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not saying it’s not true but that staggers me. Sold in June to a bitter rival and back with us in January? I can see why it would make sense for us but why would Cardiff have done that so soon after signing him?

And why would BR want it after just a few months into his first Prem season? 

He was coming back on loan apparently - impeccable source, really sorry I can’t say more than that ...

On 02/07/2019 at 18:23, wood_red said:

Some believe it because KITR has always been bang on the money when it comes to CIty related information (everything what I have read from him anyway). 

All the other outlets have more than likely also got it from only one source as well, so once the likes of Sky report it as £8 million, that in turn will have most newspapers report it as that without any bit of fact finding whatsoever. Social media will just churn out the same stuff repeated by everyone. So there will obviously be more people/media outlets reporting it to be £8 million - than a single person on here who is probably more in the know than the lot of them put together in my opinion!!

It's all about who you get your information from.  KITR is clearly well connected. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not saying it’s not true but that staggers me. Sold in June to a bitter rival and back with us in January? I can see why it would make sense for us but why would Cardiff have done that so soon after signing him?

And why would BR want it after just a few months into his first Prem season? 

I can't see Cardiff doing that and I can't see Bobby wanting to do that.

Doesn't make any sense at all.

14 minutes ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Sorry if mentioned in this thread already but I wasn't aware that Kalas was supposedly linked with a loan move to Leeds....

IMG_1622.PNG

Seem to recall last year- could've been paper talk but a player of his calibre and track record at this level would definitely have been sought after.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone who hasn’t picked it up

Great article on / interview with our Czech Warrior

What a top bloke , absolutely the sort we want at our Club

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/wit-wisdom-tomas-kalas-talks-3155420

Agreed, some great quotes in there. Who's little git was it that slagged him off just after getting his signature?

"...as long as somebody isn't rude like one of today's kids. I signed their shirt and they said, 'great own goal' [against Crystal Palace on Saturday] ... in that moment you would rip that shirt off them [laughs]."

Excellent article - thanks @BobBobSuperBob - I enjoyed his observations on his time at Boro:

I've always made myself a nice homely place, even though I was renting.

I just got used to the life ... even though in Middlesbrough ... I would use a different word ... but there is absolutely nothing to do.

Not being bad to Middlesbrough but out of 70/80 million people in the UK or maybe England, probably about 95 per cent would say there is nothing to do. I've been to York probably 25 times you know, just because it was the closest place!

20 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Excellent article - thanks @BobBobSuperBob - I enjoyed his observations on his time at Boro:

I've always made myself a nice homely place, even though I was renting.

I just got used to the life ... even though in Middlesbrough ... I would use a different word ... but there is absolutely nothing to do.

Not being bad to Middlesbrough but out of 70/80 million people in the UK or maybe England, probably about 95 per cent would say there is nothing to do. I've been to York probably 25 times you know, just because it was the closest place!

Love how he also manages to give a back-handed compliment to York as well.

40 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agreed, some great quotes in there. Who's little git was it that slagged him off just after getting his signature?

"...as long as somebody isn't rude like one of today's kids. I signed their shirt and they said, 'great own goal' [against Crystal Palace on Saturday] ... in that moment you would rip that shirt off them [laughs]."

Was sat next to a kid, no more than 9-10, at the game on Sat. Not only did he leave early (with no sign of a parent nearby) after giving it all that all game, he also stood up at one point and shouted “break his ******* legs!” (That’s the F word bleeped there). I love a swear, at the football especially, but holy **** what the hell. Kids, man. 

Excellent article - everything he says is music to my ears. And a great insight into the bonds between the players. A tight-knit bunch of players should never be underestimated.

"At the end when it was announced I'm coming back I couldn't wait for the reactions. They were brilliant. It makes it feel even better."

Every chance to make himself a club legend - hope he has a fantastic season.

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Thanks but cruel to bump this article bob, thought we signed someone ?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ha !

Just didn’t want to create a new thread with everything else bubbling

Clicked in here to say exactly that! Saw the start of the title and thought we'd signed somebody! :crying:

On 31/07/2019 at 16:37, Red Right Hand said:

Sounds like the sort of bloke that you could happily sit down for a couple of pints with.

What does come through is his happiness at finally being settled at a club that wants him and who`s fans appreciate him.

Palmer also seems happy to settle permantely with his family too.

Archived