IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line - if TK signs for City then all well and good. If he signs elsewhere then so what? :dunno:

He and Webdini complemented each other last season but that doesn’t mean that another new CB wouldn’t do the same. 

I’d be more disappointed to lose AW than I would by not signing TK.

There are very few proven players of his quality, that will come to bristol city. They are usually snapped up by the biggers clubs - the clubs that can pay bigger wages.

So to get him would be a real coup and we'll find it difficult to find another proven player of his quality willing to come here.

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

There are very few proven players of his quality, that will come to bristol city. They are usually snapped up by the biggers clubs - the clubs that can pay bigger wages.

So to get him would be a real coup and we'll find it difficult to find another proven player of his quality willing to come here.

Indeed. We are now fishing in a lake rather than a pond and the predators are bigger, and we’ve gone back to being plankton. No fish pun intended. 

Are Rovers a Blue Wael? 

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we will sign DaSilva, Kalas and Palmer...all three will be announced at the same time, pictured wearing next season's kit. ?

That would be amazing if true.

Certainly I would like to think we have not suspended our pre-season planning for three crucial positions whilst we wait for them to make up their minds. I think MA is too savvy for that so I reckon we broadly know where we are with them.

The one thing I am unsure on is whether it is likely that both Palmer and Szmodics are coming here. I know little about Szmodics so may have got this wrong but would that mean we are signing two attacking midfielders who prefer playing centrally? Where would that leave Pato if that was the case?

• Admin
1 hour ago, spudski said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we will sign DaSilva, Kalas and Palmer...all three will be announced at the same time, pictured wearing next season's kit. ?

@spudski the new kit photos have been taken this week sadly at least one of your trio were not in the country

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

This is almost the perfect OTIB post containing gossip, intrigue, doubt, fear and hope - all followed by a disclaimer. Had you managed to squeeze in innuendo and a pun it would have been perfection. Well done!

No one expects an OTIB inquisition because among our weapons is gossip, intrigue, doubt, fear,  hope, innuendo and puns!  :)

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Certainly I would like to think we have not suspended our pre-season planning for three crucial positions whilst we wait for them to make up their minds. I think MA is too savvy for that so I reckon we broadly know where we are with them.

The one thing I am unsure on is whether it is likely that both Palmer and Szmodics are coming here. I know little about Szmodics so may have got this wrong but would that mean we are signing two attacking midfielders who prefer playing centrally? Where would that leave Pato if that was the case?

Paterson mainly plays left mid

35 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Source?

The OTIB mods team - photo below.

Spanish_Inquisition.jpg.565e81152fa6c34c4c7fa4c07be3c5f2.jpg

Meant to add that it is disappointing not to see the new Robin badge on their kit!

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Out of the team hopefully.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He does but I'd argue most of his best performances for us have been when he has been central or free roaming. 

Yeah with Reid certainly. But not really impressed with him behind Fam. I think LJ likes him on the left though as he likes him drifting inside and creating overloads in the middle whilst Dasilva can overlap. However I do think with more of  Bobby type he could play a role in the 10 again. 

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Based on no foundation at all, if we were to go 4141/4411, then I see Pack and Brownhill occupying 2 of the 5 and Palmer, Szmodics, Paterson, Eliasson, Weimann (RW), Adelakun perming the other 3.....with Fam / new striker as the one. 

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Based on no foundation at all, if we were to go 4141/4411, then I see Pack and Brownhill occupying 2 of the 5 and Palmer, Szmodics, Paterson, Eliasson, Weimann (RW), Adelakun perming the other 3.....with Fam / new striker as the one. 

That would be ideal as long as we either trust Walsh/Morrell/Bakinson with significant minutes or we sign one like Williams. Those 2 behind need rest more often than they got this season. Ideally I’d start each 36 times and the other one 20 times and sub them off a bit more often than they did. I do not think it would be fair to ask them to carry that load at a high level for the third season in a row

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That would be ideal as long as we either trust Walsh/Morrell/Bakinson with significant minutes or we sign one like Williams. Those 2 behind need rest more often than they got this season. Ideally I’d start each 36 times and the other one 20 times and sub them off a bit more often than they did. I do not think it would be fair to ask them to carry that load at a high level for the third season in a row

Agree. I think that we will bring in a CM like Joe Williams to ease that burden. 

55 minutes ago, simon uk said:

So 7 pages in, and we havent signed kalas, so everything going according to plan then

Be comforted by the certainty that every summer, a thread starts from nowhere on the transfer forum and accelerates to 10+ pages by the end of day one. It's one of the highlights of the OTIB year (right up there alongside the Inevitable "Get rid of the midget" thread). It's still to happen in 2019. I'm waiting with bated breath.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

The OTIB mods team - photo below.

Spanish_Inquisition.jpg.565e81152fa6c34c4c7fa4c07be3c5f2.jpg

Meant to add that it is disappointing not to see the new Robin badge on their kit!

"No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Our chief weapon is surprise and fear, Doh! our two weapons are surprise, fear and ruthless efficiency Doh! ............... "

9 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

"No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Our chief weapon is surprise and fear, Doh! our two weapons are surprise, fear and ruthless efficiency Doh! ............... "

What about an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope?

Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as...

Archived