Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Ska Junkie

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don't remind us! I'm wholly agreed with the 'nothing confirmed until the club announces it' position...but hey, we can hope (as we did with Meteb...)

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Quite right - the OS is the only absolute proof that any player has signed for City or moved on and why I 100% rely on it.

That and Twitter 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

That and Twitter 

Twitter is about as reliable as kachina, the exclusive has come from Gregor mcboatface,

he hasn’t got anything right or exclusive since he started work experience at the post

I was really excited when I saw this title in the main forum for a moment - I really hope this come through, and it's looking good, but it's still rumour atm  :fingerscrossed:

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Twitter is about as reliable as kachina, the exclusive has come from Gregor mcboatface,

he hasn’t got anything right or exclusive since he started work experience at the post

Its wholly ironic that you don't understand irony.

• Haha 3

Brilliant if true. But remember this really just about gets us back to last years squad.

Hoping Antoine Semenyo  comes through up front but that's a calculated gamble. Even if he does I think we need a CM & RB in that order if we want a realistic to have a chance of automatic promotion.

But c'mon, this is starting to get interesting.

Edited by Sleepy1968
spelling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, red mist said:

Do you think Kalas would sign if he thought Webster would leave🤔

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Do you think Webster will stay if we sign Kalas ?

Do you think if they both stay, either will leave?

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

To quote somebody yesterday...

206C0C61-21E3-43DE-98B4-C640A28503E8.gif

Edit: I believe it was @Crackers Corner who has introduced the greatest gif ever

It could be interpreted by some as target missed!

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Do you think Webster will stay if we sign Kalas ?

Or, switching it around, they might hate each other and if Webster goes, Kalas will definitely sign. Lateral thinking, see.😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Webster won't leave this season. Why would we make big statements with signing kalas and JDS and then flog webdini. It makes no sense. 

This is football we're talking about though

7 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Webster won't leave this season. Why would we make big statements with signing kalas and JDS and then flog webdini. It makes no sense. 

Well it wouldn’t be flogging him. It would be regretfully letting him go while counting about one million 20 pound notes

19 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Brilliant if true. But remember this really just about gets us back to last years squad.

Hoping Antoine Semenyo  comes through up front but that's a calculated gamble. Even if he does I think we need a CM & RB in that order if we want a realistic to have a chance of automatic promotion.

But c'mon, this is starting to get interesting.

Agree, we do need atleast a couple more quality additions but providing we don’t sell Webster, reuniting what was in my opinion the best defensive partnership in the Championship by some distance last season is a massive coup.

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

Want it on the OS but quite a few places reporting this as done. football insider saying 2.5 - 3m which would be amazing.

Then McGregor from the Post claiming it would be a record fee for the club, which for a player like Kalas seems much more likely and well worth the fee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

And for what? We have a billionaire owner. Do we need the money? 

SL himself has said he won’t stand in the way of players in regards to PL clubs and that the club needs to be self sustainable. We don’t need the money but as long as we are a champ club we will have to sell players. Selling Webster this summer is not ideal but improves our options for the next 5 summers if we remain in the championship. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Quite right - the OS is the only absolute proof that any player has signed for City or moved on and why I 100% rely on it.

Unless it’s a certain Egyptian signing....

1 hour ago, Tom said:

You did mean cult, right? 

As I typed it I was worried that autocorrect might kick in! :) 

2 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Unless it’s a certain Egyptian signing....

Back in the dark ages............the entire set up at City is completely different these days. The club has moved into modernity since then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Back in the dark ages............the entire set up at City is completely different these days. The club has moved into modernity since then.

Never a better word said. This city is a professional outfit and we are on an upward curve.

17 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Saw a post saying between £2.5 - 3 mill ......🧐

If true then after getting the fees for Reid, Bryan and Flint, £13m for Kelly and if this is true for Kalas then we should have had Ashton negotiating Brexit!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

SL himself has said he won’t stand in the way of players in regards to PL clubs and that the club needs to be self sustainable. We don’t need the money but as long as we are a champ club we will have to sell players. Selling Webster this summer is not ideal but improves our options for the next 5 summers if we remain in the championship. 

But he didn't say we would sell well below our valuation. Thankfully he and MA are not as defeatist as some posters, who would do exactly that it seems.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Making a prediction that Kalas is announced at 8pm like DaSilva was.

That's bold James, but is it as bold as LJ says the club will be?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But he didn't say we would sell well below our valuation. Thankfully he and MA are not as defeatist as some posters, who would do exactly that it seems.

No he never said that and I don’t think many are implying that we would. Though I do not believe 30m is our actual valuation. Fair play if it is and we stick to it!

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, that's not bold DC.

This is bold.

BUT THIS IS BOLDER!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No he never said that and I don’t think many are implying that we would. Though I do not believe 30m is our actual valuation. Fair play if it is and we stick to it!

There are certainly people advocating taking not much more than we got for Kelly despite the strength of our negotiating position.

£30m is doubtless a deterrent telling clubs to go away unless they are on the same page as us and a signal that we are talking really big bucks.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kalas is 100% done.

I will never post on this forum again if I'm wrong. 

Good enough for me! Get in! Would trust you without the caveat. Only believe if its on the OS or KTR says it! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kalas is 100% done.

I will never post on this forum again if I'm wrong. 

Reputable poster, he's gone all in....Welcome Tomas!

• Like 3