IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

29 minutes ago, chucky said:

I might be wrong, but I would like to think he had more ambition than a few preliminary rounds of the Champions League and a playing 95% of his season in cruise control.

Celtic can’t afford his wages

that article also suggest that Celtic have beaten us to the signing of Motherwell midfielder,

the one who signed for Norwich last week,

that tells you all you need to know about that piece 

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

that article also suggest that Celtic have beaten us to the signing of Motherwell midfielder,

Has he gone anywhere officially yet?

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He definitely signed for Celtic 

59 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I might be wrong, but I would like to think he had more ambition than a few preliminary rounds of the Champions League and a playing 95% of his season in cruise control.

You would like to think so but European football, big wage, winning medals, playing in front of 50000 every other week, I would imagine Celtic would be quite tempting for a couple of years.

19 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Derby giving Chelskie permission to speak to Lampard could well impact on all of our loanies from last season, could not imagine that Frank would want to see any players move on until he gets to run the rule over them.

I could be wrong but before Derby he was doing a bit of coaching at Chelsea, mainly the younger players so he probably already knows all about JDS, Palmer. 

Re Kalas he will know all about him to so it is likely that he will be able to make some quick decisions on who stays and who goes.

It would not be a surprise if they decide to loan all three out again as the new rules don't kick in until next summer on loans. 

33 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I would be very surprised if FL decided to keep Kalas, JDS  and Palmer fir the first team squad. There are so many ahead of them. They have close to 70 players who are competing for a place in a squad that is likely to be 27 strong 

In addition, Abramovich wants to cut costs, as part of his desire to sell the club. Though at the alleged £2billion price he wants his chances are slim to none. Nevertheless there is likely to be some significant squad trimming.

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

I would be very surprised if FL decided to keep Kalas, JDS  and Palmer fir the first team squad. There are so many ahead of them. They have close to 70 players who are competing for a place in a squad that is likely to be 27 strong 

I would agree however, assuming that the transfer ban sticks he may keep a few more than 27. I really don’t see Kalas and Palmer as part of any enlarged group but maybe JDS squeezes into it.

7 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I would agree however, assuming that the transfer ban sticks he may keep a few more than 27. I really don’t see Kalas and Palmer as part of any enlarged group but maybe JDS squeezes into it.

Premier League squad size is limited to 25. Though under 21s don't count towards it.

44 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Premier League squad size is limited to 25. Though under 21s don't count towards it.

And you can change the players registered in January - therefore there could be a requirement for some contingency given you can’t buy anyone until next summer.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I tend to think jay could also be the one who may be kept but he has at least 3 international LBs in front of him at the moment 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You also have to have 8 home grown players in that squad (or players that trained at the club over 3 years before they hit 21) which kalas would count as, as he joined them as a 17 year old

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You also have to have 8 home grown players in that squad (or players that trained at the club over 3 years before they hit 21) which kalas would count as, as he joined them as a 17 year old

Homegrown means players that spent 3 years at any English club before the age of 21, not just at Chelsea. 

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Well, Celtic have income of over 100m and profits of over 17m.

They can afford to pay Kalas more than we can if they so decide.

Massive club, absolutely huge.

Seems like Turnbull was going to sign for them (not sure where you got the Norwich thing from) but medical issues have arisen...

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

When you’ve been shunted around lots of clubs on loan I wouldn’t under-estimate the attractiveness of a move that involves the possibility of champions league football - we can’t offer him that in a zillion years ...

Archived