Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Ska Junkie

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

This is great news. I doubted that Jay and Tomas would come here permanently so there must be something going on at City that has persuaded them. Well done all that contributed to getting them

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Probably Adam Webster's replacement 😥

Has a replacement been identified and approached? Or do you just mean a club has/is about to meet our valuation?

Now this is a defender!!!!  Oozes class and reads the game so well.  Proper job.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought we’d get all 3....but I'm sure that was just wishful thinking.

That post will provoke replies alluding to both Meat Loaf and China Crisis tunes ....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That post will provoke replies alluding to both Meat Loaf and China Crisis tunes ....

I'll never ever love you but

• Like 1

I’m excited. This feels like a real step up in class for us as a club; competing and signing not just proven Championship players, but top-end Championship players who you’d be more than happy to keep if the club made it to the PL.

If we can add similar quality up front as well as a creative midfielder, we’ll look every inch contenders this year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

OMG. Did I just hear Mark Ashton say “These things take time”? :facepalm:

But for us, these things take time to actually happen - as opposed to take time and then not happen..! 

Top, top work by all involved in making these transfers happen 👏 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Without wishing to sound like a broken record, the fee is £7m.

Well, what’s a million between friends 😀

Whatever it is Kalas is worth every penny for the show of strength, intent and confidence we are putting out there to the team, our fans and of opponents. And of course any potential players.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

There's something about Tomáš

Gallery image

Image result for there's something about mary

Big dogs cock.

I was trying to upload a picture of Tintin, but apparent it was too big.

Edited by Bristol Rob

Absolutely over the moon with signing Kalas, likewise the others, who will all bring something different whether that is on, or off the pitch.

I said at the end of last season, the signing of Kalas (as long as he wanted to come) would show us the true ambition of what SL wanted, and where he wanted us to get too, so hat’s off to SL, LJ, and Mark Ashton with this signing and all the others.

We’re in a very good place at the moment. Here’s hoping for that Quality striker now!

Loved the Kalas Video, thought they could have ended it better though, with him jumping on a White Horse, pegging it down to Dolly’s house with some MILKTRAY, then off down to the Pumphouse to catch his speed boat.

• Haha 2

Kalas on £20k per week, now our highest paid player. 

I remember when SL did a Q&A in wolves a few years ago. He spoke about coppell and the wage structure and he was flabagsted as to the amount of money that Hunt, Stewart etc were expecting (not wanting, expecting) yet he paid it because coppell wanted them. He never disclosed how much it was but I wonder if it was in this region. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I remember when SL did a Q&A in wolves a few years ago. He spoke about coppell and the wage structure and he was flabagsted as to the amount of money that Hunt, Stewart etc were expecting (not wanting, expecting) yet he paid it because coppell wanted them. He never disclosed how much it was but I wonder if it was in this region. 

While I don’t think kid is wrong on this,

but generally why wages are reported on here they are rarely correct

remember when James was here his wages were between 8k and 30k depend on a good or bad performance,

vary rarely are wages in the public domain,

but like I said before I don’t doubt kid whatsoever  

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Loved the Kalas Video, thought they could have ended it better though, with him jumping on a White Horse, pegging it down to Dolly’s house with some MILKTRAY, then off down to the Pumphouse to catch his speed boat.

She's just moved - hope she'd notified Kalas of her change of address! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Might aswell just bring Tammy back now we're on a roll..... 😎

I realise your post was tongue in cheek, but if he wouldn't have had such a good season with Villa, I'd be surprised if we hadn't at least enquired, although his wages would be a lot more. Villa would probably be ahead of us in that respect anyway.

He'll be in the Chelsea squad next season especially if Lampard is in charge.

Anyone else think it would've been considerably less if not for the fact we got Dasilva so cheaply? Seems like Chelsea bumped the price up to make up for the loss on Jay.

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Anyone else think it would've been considerably less if not for the fact we got Dasilva so cheaply? Seems like Chelsea bumped the price up to make up for the loss on Jay.

Dunno, think he'd be pretty sought after- Kalas for £8m isn't so out of kilter.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder if he will be OK staying in one place for so long !!

DD-COMPOSITE-Tomas-Kalas-v2.jpg

Or you could believe that he actually wants to settle down and put down some roots and be stable somewhere?  Instead of being a part of a club who only want to loan you out,  and with each season you are no nearer getting into their reserves never mind their first team. He now has a club who want him and that should make him feel even more motivated than ever as every time he plays he can really feel part of any success, as we are his club now. How good is that!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, TBW said:

According to this it was an eyebrow-raising sum.....https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/07/chelsea-bank-eyebrow-raising-fee-in-exchange-for-tomas-kalas/

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Exactly my point. Who else was willing to pay that much for him? Definitely feels like more of a £5m for each one than £8m and £2m.

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

Exactly my point. Who else was willing to pay that much for him? Definitely feels like more of a £5m for each one than £8m and £2m.

We got both for £9m but I agree DaSilva would've been closer to £4m had we not agreed the fee last summer so it's a good deal for the pair of them. There was also serious interest in Kalas from other clubs around Europe apparently, so we don't know for sure that no-one else was willing to pay a good price for him. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Inside Right said:

Same fee for 26yo Kalas as we got for 29yo Flint. And prices have gone up since last year. Looks very fair to me.

Difference is Flint was wanted by both teams involved in the deal. Kalas was only wanted by us.

Edited by TBW

3 minutes ago, TBW said:

Difference is Flint was wanted by both teams involved in the deal. Kalas was only wanted by us.

I doubt if it was as one sided as that. I don’t think Chelsea were desperate to offload him, he’s probably been earning them loan fees for all his career and wouldn’t have been short of offers for a loan deal or permanent signing from other clubs. No other club interested in him, no I don’t think so.

The chump who wrote the article declares its ‘ £8 million for a player who has no worth to Chelsea ‘ .

We obviously value him at that so what’s the deal ?

He will probably go for double that next summer if we don’t go up or he will become a Prem player if we do .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TBW said:

We got both for £9m but I agree DaSilva would've been closer to £4m had we not agreed the fee last summer so it's a good deal for the pair of them. There was also serious interest in Kalas from other clubs around Europe apparently, so we don't know for sure that no-one else was willing to pay a good price for him. 

45 minutes ago, TBW said:

And you cannot underestimate flints goal contribution, think kalas is the better defender but he wont get us upwards of 8 goals a season.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

And you cannot underestimate flints goal contribution, think kalas is the better defender but he wont get us upwards of 8 goals a season.

For every 1 he'd score he would be at fault for 5 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

But if his presence means we concede 8 fewer the result is the same.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

For every 1 he'd score he would be at fault for 5 

yes he certainly had the odd **** up in him, not quite sure it was a five to one ratio though HA! HA!