IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

10 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

will it be on the big screen at Glastonbury?

I’ll keep you informed. Jamie Carragher was here last night, didn’t see the Sky crew with him though. 

8 hours ago, italian dave said:

Why does he need a medical? He’s played for us the past 9 months, surely we know his medical condition? 

Cause he’s been jumping off boats all summer!

£7m....Chelsea have pulled our pants right down there!!!!!!  Seriously though, £9m for an England u21 fullback and one of the best Champ CBs is good business. Thought we might’ve got Kalas a bit cheeper, but we got Jay for less than he’s worth.

Any news on Palmer. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll keep you informed. Jamie Carragher was here last night, didn’t see the Sky crew with him though. 

£7m....Chelsea have pulled our pants right down there!!!!!!  Seriously though, £9m for an England u21 fullback and one of the best Champ CBs is good business. Thought we might’ve got Kalas a bit cheeper, but we got Jay for less than he’s worth.

Any news on Palmer. 

If the fee is £7m that’s nearly 19 Andy Tilson’s!!!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Any news on Palmer. 

If, big if, it's £7m that doesn't seem bad. Bearing in mind that elsewhere on this forum we're holding out for £20m, even £30m for Webster. 

£7m is fine- the 2 of Kalas and Da Silva back permanently for £9m combined is good business- though Da Silva has a higher ceiling, it will cost to get such established yet only 25 year old, players at this level as Kalas- 2 promotions and 2 playoffs between 2014/15 and 2017/18 I think- he and Webster bring the best out of each other.

Welcome Tomas Kalas- very important addition IMO.

15 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Wow thats a lot 

Amortisation £2.33m per year for him- £7m/3 years?

Amortisation for Da Silva annually £0.5m- if £2m fee and  4 year deal all confirmed?

£2.83m additional amortisation.

If we can ship say Baker out then provided we don't make a loss on him at his current book value, that'd certainly help to make a saving on amortisation.

Shipping out Baker would also be useful on the wage savings.

Reckon we have a 2 year window to get promotion before real cutbacks maybe a necessity- of course player trading may make that calculation/guess moot in the coming months/years. Of course it depends if we follow the routes pursued by some others too.

Whilst we’re all waiting (patiently!), time to ask: how do you like your transfers? 

1.  Out of the blue (e.g. Dasilva, wasn’t Baker?, and others I can’t remember).

2. Protracted, painful, losing the will to live?

I’m of the former category. And am still burnt by the tortuous Tomlin signing. And that worked out well!!!

7 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Whilst we’re all waiting (patiently!), time to ask: how do you like your transfers? 

I’m of the former category. And am still burnt by the tortuous Tomlin signing. And that worked out well!!!

I don't mind either but, in the case of 2. above, I love that moment when a thread on the Transfers forum suddenly moves to the Main forum with 'SIGNED' added to the topic title. For me it confirms the deal every bit as much as much as news appearing on the OS.

20 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

The way we do it now is much better imo,

very little gets leaked from the club these days and watching the panic setting in from Hampshire red is always a jolly 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The way we do it now is much better imo,

very little gets leaked from the club these days and watching the panic setting in from Hampshire red is always a jolly 

Problem is Gregor tweets something, all the "unofficial" City accounts then retweet, before you know it everyone is convinced it is fact

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But it is bold.

Im going bald with the tension of waiting to hear about the bold moves in the transfer window in the hope that I will be bowled over when it/they are announced.

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It is big money for us, with our low 20's M income. We not even signed a midfield genius or forward yet ... The Wolves approach is not so bad, as if you fail you do have players of value to trade . Agree that Baker would be on the way out, but I am sure they need 2 back up CB, one is Wright , will have to see if they think Vyner can do it yet. If not I can see them needing Baker . Our wage bill is going to be pretty spectacular 19/20 . Can still see Watkins, Taylor and of course O’Dowda leaving yet, possibly , of course Webster. Money aside, Kalas and DaSilva are two very good players for us to have. 

Umm we signed a midfield genius about 30 minutes ago

Archived