IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting hearing Frankie on Twentyman saying he has someone who does his social media for him.

Not going to lie, if I was an agent it would be a contractual term that I manage his PR.  

Theres a fair few in the Man Utd squad, for instance, who have done themselve - and me as theoretical agent - no good 

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting hearing Frankie on Twentyman saying he has someone who does his social media for him.

So when we had snow, Frankie’s post about offering to pick up any member of the health services and getting them to work wasn’t from him?! That’s disappointing ...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So when we had snow, Frankie’s post about offering to pick up any member of the health services and getting them to work wasn’t from him?! That’s disappointing ...

It’s odd. Frank is pretty much non existent on social media. Only recently got an instagram account.  

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You tried tweeting on your phone with goalkeeper gloves on ?

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/23/victor-anichebe-suffers-embarrassing-twitter-howler-following-su/amp/

Good point Fevs. To me 'footballers' commenting on Twittet feels very insincere, when in reality you know they have others doing it for them. The players probably have no idea a message has even been posted and some fans can get quite drawn in by it thinking players really do connect with the fans by posting messages.

Like when you see those little Twitter messages appear on MOTD supposedly written by the players and they're all the same messages. It's all a bit cheesy. 

Anyway, not sure if the above link will work, but if it does, I think this is a good example of what I mean :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/23/victor-anichebe-suffers-embarrassing-twitter-howler-following-su/amp/

Good point Fevs. To me 'footballers' commenting on Twittet feels very insincere, when in reality you know they have others doing it for them. The players probably have no idea a message has even been posted and some fans can get quite drawn in by it thinking players really do connect with the fans by posting messages.

Like when you see those little Twitter messages appear on MOTD supposedly written by the players and they're all the same messages. It's all a bit cheesy. 

Anyway, not sure if the above link will work, but if it does, I think this is a good example of what I mean :facepalm:

To be fair I've got someone who writes my posts on OTIB for me....remember the time I posted about Cauley Woodrow being a good signing....well that was the time I decided to hand over the task to my agent ???

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair I've got someone who writes my posts on OTIB for me....remember the time I posted about Cauley Woodrow being a good signing....well that was the time I decided to hand over the task to my agent ???

I wonder if we all have the same agent and its actually only one person posting on OTIB ;) 

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

The follow up to that, although probably orchestrated by his agent too, was a good way of dealing with the situation - they won shortly afterwards and he posted a similar message "Tweet something like, great result We go again"

One of them showing a bit of humility at least!

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Kalas has posted 4 times in the last few weeks regards his time at City and I have a feeling the club are pulling out the stops to make him the highest paid player at the club to seal the transfer

Im hoping this is true. Im hoping this is connected to johnsons mention of being here as long as the club matches his ambition. The 4 year deal is maybe a sign that they are trying to get the likes of Kalas and are  willing to pay the going rate.

22 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Im hoping this is true. Im hoping this is connected to johnsons mention of being here as long as the club matches his ambition. The 4 year deal is maybe a sign that they are trying to get the likes of Kalas and are  willing to pay the going rate.

I understand Kalas has a very good relationship with LJ and this could be the defining factor in him joining so LJ signing up for a further 4 years will certainly sway players to decide their future.

I also believe players looking at City as a good club to join will see us as a very good option following two relative decent seasons where we have been challenging at the top of the league as well as the fantastic facilities, new training ground and an average attendance of 21k.

We have a lot going for us and are now a very attractive proposition for players who see Bristol City as a realistic vehicle to get them to the top league, either as part of a promotion team or as a stepping stone 

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I did think there had been a massive improvement in your content recently ?

10 hours ago, City18 said:

Does this mean Kalas has signed then?

Unfortunate the one person posting is Robbored, so if it isn't on the os then he hasn't! 

On 23/05/2019 at 23:19, BS4 on Tour... said:

You can imagine the conversation between his PR man and himself.

PR Man: Guess what I did?

Frankie (all wrapped up in a onesie in front of the fire): What?

1 hour ago, grifty said:

You can imagine the conversation between his PR man and himself.

PR Man: Guess what I did?

Frankie (all wrapped up in a onesie in front of the fire): What?

I like that ?

Maybe it was ”Frankie - it was you that told me you had snow chains for your tyres wasn’t it?

No, ah. How close are you to a diy store, walking distance hopefully?”

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't really follow his output in any great detail- but yeah it is to be expected.

Nixon has no real credibility and seems to just state the obvious. Is Ali Durden still about? Always seemed to be a reliable source. 

12 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Nixon has no real credibility and seems to just state the obvious. Is Ali Durden still about? Always seemed to be a reliable source. 

Talking of journos and ex journos with varying credibility, it seemed that Stockhausen- Stockhausen- of all people, actually seemed to break the news about Joe Bryan to Fulham!?

Archived