IGNORED

IF.....

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

But then the season before he scored a goal every 180 minutes and was not missing many chances.

I think even that stat can be slightly misleading. Often he was on his own with defenders all over him. Is this stat only counting sitters or every single chance however difficult?

I wonder about the quality of service. Also the speed in which we are attacking. At home we can do too much backwards passing from Pack or Weimann. Too slow moving forward and teams can get back and make it much harder to create a real good chance.

I recall Diedhiou doing a number of ambitious overhead kicks from the edge of the box, or headers at goal when running backward. Almost impossible to score from but all on his own and no real other option.

Not saying Diedhiou is top top quality at this level. But with more support, I think he's get better quality of chances. Obviously he did miss a handful of sitters that the season before I expect he would have put away too.

He had the 2nd most missed conversions of Good chances in the Championship - He needs a bit of time on the ball as his first touches are often poor. He does score though, often the harder chances or ones creates out of nothing. Would just be nice if he could put the easier ones to bed and he would be top notch 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

He had the 2nd most missed conversions of Good chances in the Championship - He needs a bit of time on the ball as his first touches are often poor. He does score though, often the harder chances or ones creates out of nothing. Would just be nice if he could put the easier ones to bed and he would be top notch 

What is classed as a good chance though. Does it definitely say 'good chance'. Have you got the page that shows this?

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

Nor had Bobby Reid - before he became one!

I was just about to post the same. LJ converted Reid into a striker and maybe he feels he can do the same with Semenyo or another player. Stranger things have happened. Diedhiou needs help though, looked very isolated in many games last season. Not sure if he will be given a partner as such though?

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Hence the old saying that if you want to make a small fortune from owning a football club you better start out with a big fortune!

Yes that's a hell of an expensive hobby, thank god we have someone that can stand those losses, don't want to have to go through the 82 scenario again thinking we were going to lose the club once was enough.

8 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

What i’d like to know is who is this mythical 20/25 goal proven goal scorer, anyone scoring that much in the Championship will be heading to the premier league 

It would also be interesting to know how many teams have been promoted without having a prolific striker.

It's received wisdom that you can't win promotion without one but I wonder if history proves or disproves that?

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It would also be interesting to know how many teams have been promoted without having a prolific striker.

It's received wisdom that you can't win promotion without one but I wonder if history proves or disproves that?

I have no idea!

DaveFev is our stats man.

6 hours ago, chinapig said:

I think the issue I had was with the constant “proven” rather than the amount of goals. The small number of players getting anywhere near that in the championship are either on massive wages or linked with premiership teams 

Archived