IGNORED

England v. USA Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

Great to see the girls keeping up our record of glorious failure in World Cup Semi Finals.   Don't want to be mr hindsight........but always told by my coach to strike the ball hard down the middle of thr goal with late pens......as the keeper will almost always dive one way or the other in desperation to be a hero!

6 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Missing the point, much? Should be 2-2, no off-side decision and no penalty decision. VAR is seriously wrecking the game. 

To be fair to Fifa, they were reluctant to introduce VAR for years because of the disruption it would cause the game. They dont often get things right, but they were spot on there

4 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Tbf women make the same comments when watching football. I have a friend who picked her fantasy football team based on how hot the players were

Hörður Magnússon, no woman noticed or ever commented he was good looking.

Alex Morgan is sheet hot,  **** you lot who think we shouldn't say what we think    :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

And boom like a London bus another arrives

even the US commentator said that in the Past the US won games based on their athleticism which was not always pretty to watch, but have now coached good football onto that athletic team to create what they now have.

17 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Can’t argue with the second yellow and sending off of Bright. She is the weak link at the back for me, certainly her passing has been shaky. 

I would say in the men's game it's a straight red

Really hope the USA don't win it they are the worst example of cheating, diving, throwing themselves around I've seen in the whole tournament (some will call it gamesmanship, I call it F88king cheating). no doubt a talented team but some of the worst sportsmanship, Morgan a great player but no need to for all her antics...

and as for VAR gonna be 20mins added on to every prem game next season gonna become a yawn fest waiting for every decision to be checked needs to be refined as gonna take the soul out of the game as it is... 

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

even the US commentator said that in the Past the US won games based on their athleticism which was not always pretty to watch, but have now coached good football onto that athletic team to create what they now have.

I think that’s a fair point.

The USA team to me just seemed to be that bit physically stronger, with always an extra half a yard and bit of power. The way England could beat that would have been technique, but the passing was off and the US were as good technically if not better. The lack of physical strength was shown when England just couldn’t get out, and when a long ball was needed, not hit it long in the last five.

Probably short of the US on a physical basis, and not good enough with technique to pull it round. Didn’t play well in my opinion, but no shame in finishing in the semi finals

For me personally, I’m quite happy to have a game without VAR.

I very much enjoyed the game without it.

Its adds nothing for me, it’s just killed the excitement and fortune that made it an exciting game to enjoy in person.

Poor old football, hell bent on destroying itself.

Frustrating. The USA are a very good side, but England pushed them all the way and should have taken it to extra time. In those key moments we just didn’t get it right - two free headers for both their goals, a weakly-struck penalty and overall some sloppy passing. Frustration seemed to get the better of us after the penalty miss and even more so after the (rightful) red card.

That VAR decision for the disallowed goal was so marginal. Something doesn’t seem quite right with players being deemed offside when the distances involved are so infinitesimally small. 

Archived