IGNORED

Nicky Maynard Announcement Video

WolfOfWestStreet

32 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

strange what happened to Maynard really, that goal he scored at Loftus road for us is up there with the all time greats ?  

The fact he is playing lower league football at 32 bit strange, thought he could still cut it higher up the pyramid 

I saw him play for Bury against Exeter City last season and his legs are gone. Injuries really got to him in the end, but he still has enough technical ability to perform reasonably well at that level.

As a side note, I've met Carolyn Radford before, and although she gets a lot of stick online for "marrying for money" and for loving the limelight as CEO, she was absolutely lovely and seemed like a nice person.

But yeah, the video's a bit weird. I know social media is a big thing nowadays, but if I were a promotion candidate in League 2 I'd probably save my pennies and not spend money on having a professional camera crew follow me to a foreign country to sign a contract with a footballer with the personality of a bag of sand.

I'm surprised that Nicky Maynard is still playing. There was rumours a couple of months ago that he was moving into coaching. When I saw this thread, I had a slight feeling that this might've been us announcing his signing as a youth coach for us.

Archived