IGNORED

Leeds game to kick off 12.30? CONFIRMED NO CHANGE TO KO

sticks 1969

It’s due to be announced in the next couple of days . The lad only messaged as they always come down and make a weekend of it .he would have no reason to lie and I would not post if I thought not true and that’s all I know . 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Surely a police decision. 

Almost certainly. 

The dirty Leeds fans have a reputation for causing problems, especially if they’ve been on the piss and an 12:30pm  Sunday ko will reduce that likelihood of local pubs getting smashed up and problems around Bemmy.

Understandable I guess.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Almost certainly. 

The dirty Leeds fans have a reputation for causing problems, especially if they’ve been on the piss and an 12:30pm  Sunday ko will reduce that likelihood of local pubs getting smashed up and problems around Bemmy.

Understandable I guess.

Can you list how many pubs have been smashed up over the last 10 years?

• Admin
1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just heard from a lad in Leeds there first 5 games have changed and our game is now 12.30

Considering one of these games is on a Wednesday, I have a feeling the news may be a case of Chinese whispers

Fully expect ours to stay but their other opening games to move

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re missing by point AP..............:cool2:

What is your point though? My point is, pubs do not get smashed up anymore.

Hence if you think the earlier kick off helps to stop pubs being smashed up, i would like to know how many pubs have been smashed up over the last 10 years.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re missing by point AP..............:cool2:

Ashton Park makes an extremely valid point Robbo whereas yours sadly lacks clout.

Speaking specifically of home games, pubs in BS3 getting 'smashed up' by away fans is extremely rare. Milwall smashing windows in the Luckwell last season (not even on match day I hasten to add) was about as close as it got.

Talking more exactly of Leeds, can't recall them doing anything in recent memory. So I don't understand the need for the early KO.

4 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

What is your point though? My point is, pubs do not get smashed up anymore.

Hence if you think the earlier kick off helps to stop pubs being smashed up, i would like to know how many pubs have been smashed up over the last 10 years.

Two last year.

I remember QPR away and Wolves away when pubs were smashed up.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-fc-millwall-football-2990433

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/police-condemn-swansea-city-fans-15773035

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Millwall wasnt on matchday, so regardless of kick off that wouldnt have made a difference.

Swansea - Damage to two pubs, what is classed as damage? Lets remember, the pub at the away game at cardiff was "smashed up" and they reopened within a couple of hours.

What are the local police most concerned about? The answer is public safety. Some clubs such as Millwall and Leeds both have reputations for causing trouble wherever they go, particularly if they’ve been on the piss before ko. They’ve caused punch ups in the streets, smashed up various pubs nationwide and been involved running battles - that’s why it makes perfect to have an earlier ko, if indeed that happens and I expect it will.

That was obviously lost on you...:disapointed2se: but it ain’t rocket science TM.............:facepalm:

It simply takes a little common sense if you’d bothered to think about it..............:cool2:

Now I’ve been asked to explain a post which pretty much self explanatory.......

Just now, AshtonPark said:

Millwall wasnt on matchday, so regardless of kick off that wouldnt have made a difference.

Swansea - Damage to two pubs, what is classed as damage? Lets remember, the pub at the away game at cardiff was "smashed up" and they reopened within a couple of hours.

I think it is obvious that pubs get smashed up and Robbored is correct in saying so.

It is one of the reasons why the police ask for early kickoffs for some games - to stop yobs who either can't handle a few beers or are only out for trouble and behave like animals. 

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think it is obvious that pubs get smashed up and Robbored is correct in saying so.

It is one of the reasons why the police ask for early kickoffs for some games - to stop yobs who either can't handle a few beers or are only out for trouble and behave like animals. 

I’m glad it’s only a couple of posters who can’t work it out for themselves...............:laugh:

Maybe somebody can point out when Leeds have caused problems in Bristol / at AG 

In 40 odd years I can only recall , the Leeds fan in the Dolman who wasn’t looking for a fight , a Leeds lad subject of a nasty assault in the pub near Temple Meads

ohhhh......and them throwing a few Clarkes Pies into the Park End in the FA Cup tie in 74

I can list numerous clubs who have caused far more problems in those years than Leeds ever have

Always big support , and loud , and I’m sure wouldn’t be backing off if confronted but exactly where are these nonsense claims emanating from 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In 40 odd years I can only recall , the Leeds fan in the Dolman who wasn’t looking for a fight , a Leeds lad subject of a nasty assault in the pub near Temple Meads

ohhhh......and them throwing a few Clarkes Pies into the Park End in the FA Cup tie in 74

I can list numerous clubs who have caused far more problems in those years than Leeds ever have

Always big support , and loud , and I’m sure wouldn’t be backing off if confronted but exactly where are these nonsense claims emanating from 

I don't recall any real problems with Leeds home and away for some time either. I think they did a bit of damage in the Atyeo concourse last season but that wasn't harming anyone.

But I think the police seem to react to large followings as much as historical trouble,  probably thinking the more there are, the more likely there'll be trouble makers amongst them. Logical and rational but not necessarily correct.

It wouldn't surprise me if it is a 12.30 kick off.

59 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Ashton Park makes an extremely valid point Robbo whereas yours sadly lacks clout.

Speaking specifically of home games, pubs in BS3 getting 'smashed up' by away fans is extremely rare. Milwall smashing windows in the Luckwell last season (not even on match day I hasten to add) was about as close as it got.

Talking more exactly of Leeds, can't recall them doing anything in recent memory. So I don't understand the need for the early KO.

Millwall didn't actually smash the Luckwell windows although they caused the incident Undy.

Robbo is of course wrong, but taking his side just slightly, Leeds fans getting fuelled up on Sunday afternoon in pubs around the harbourside and dare I say it BS3 until 4.15 pm after a weekend in wsm will not help the situation. Of course a nice 3pm saturday game would have been just the job.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Go to #23 - I’ve explained  it simple terms. Even you will understand what the police strategy will be against Leeds.

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think it might be more about the fact its the first game of the season and I daresay plenty will travel down who may not even have any intention of going to the match. Personally, I think it is a high risk game and therefore think a Saturday 3 pm kick off would have helped a bit.

Archived